New Canadian E-Smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grody

Mar 1, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hi guys,

I've been a smoker for 26-27 years, and I've been on 2 packs/day for at least the last 5 years or so. I can't believe that I never heard of e-cigarettes before, but I saw them online a few weeks ago and they seemed to be a perfect solution for someone like me.

So I jumped in with both feet and started ordering. I'm a very impatient person, and I spend almost $20/day on cigarettes anyways, so I decided to try several websites at once so I can get going on these e-cigs ASAP, and find a regular supplier. I thought I would share some of my experiences with the retailers I've encountered so far:

Puresmoker.com

I ordered a Pilot Hybrid, extra atomizer, case, and some cartridges. I was notified by email that the items were shipped the day after I placed my order. I wish that i could have been able to track the items, but whatever, they arrived about 1.5 weeks later. The pilot was the first e-cig I tried, and I knew within 5 minutes that e-cigarettes are going to work for me. I also learned that I didn't order enough cartridges because I was burning through them like candy. I knew that cartridges were not going to work for me unless I ordered them by the truckload, so i started looking into the juice.

All my emails to puresmoker were answered fairly quickly, and on the weekend they were answered at 2:30 a.m. A few by Steve and one by Joanna. All of the emails were pleasant and helpful.

Puresmoker has been great so far, and if they'd offer overnight shipping, they'd be perfect.

Electrocig.com (Smoke 51)

I ordered a Smoke 51 kit, and a few packs of cartridges. Since the company is based in Montreal, I thought I'd receive these first. But 8 days after ordering I hadn't recieved my order, or any shipping confirmation, so I emailed them. I was told that one of the favours wasn't in stock, and wouldn't be for another week. I'm not sure why they didn't tell me this in the first place, or send the rest of my $190 order first, and send the extra pack of cartridges later. But I changed the flavour, and they arrived a week later.

The Smoke 51 makes a lot of smoke, but I can't really feel it, and the nicotine level is low. But I enjoy smoking it, as long as I have the Pilot for when I need some more nicotine. The service was a bit shoddy compared to puresmoker, and the price is steep, but I ordered more cartridges, and will see how the service goes from here.

Jantyusa.com

I ordered a Janty Dura, USB charger, cartridges, and 10ml of Liquid. It took several days to ship, and took about 2 weeks after that to get here. Not too bad, and I will order more from them when I'm not rushed.

The Dura works pretty good. One atomizer tastes horrible, and I went through 3 cartridges hoping I could burn the bad taste away, but it's still there. So I switched to the other one and it works fine. I don't really like the flavours I ordered, but I think once i get some more liquid, it will work fine.

Tabinta.com

I ordered from them last Friday because I wanted some Liquid ASAP. I ordered 200 mls from Puresmoker, but that would take a couple weeks to get here. Tabinta is located in London, Ontario, and offered overnight shipping. So I ordered 120 mls worth, and paid $40 to have it shipped overnight.

Well, that was last Friday, and it's not going to be here until next week. I could tell by the tracking number that he didn't send it overnight, so I emailed him on Wednesday, and he didn't get back to me. So I emailed him again on Thursday asking if he was going to refund the difference in shipping. And that's when the rude emails started. He blamed Canada Post for not sending it Priority, and then blamed me for "not doing my research", and claiming that Priority wouldn't have been overnight anyways. (Which is wrong, it would have according to Canada Post)

Anyways, as it stands he's not going to give me the difference in shipping unless I spend it in his store, or pay the Paypal fees for a refund.

I'm just thankful that I didn't go through with another order at his store. I had $150 worth of stuff in my cart, but decided to wait until my first order came to make sure everything went ok. I'd hate to have to try and deal with this guy over defective merchandise, or if things were broken during shipping.

So maybe that will help other Canadians like myself who are looking to order e-cigs online.

As for me, I have 3 e-cigs, some Janty Cartridges, and a 10 ml bottle of liquid. I don't like any of the flavours I have left, but even so I've only been smoking 1 pack a day this week. The first day, when I had tasty menthol cartridges, I went 4 hours without a real cigarette. That's the longest I've gone willingly, outside of sleeping, for 15+ years. But with the flavours I have left, I'm going 1-2 hours at a time without a cigarette. Which for me is HUGE. I love cigarettes, and the only time I've attempted to quit was 15+ years ago with some digital counter thing. I got it to 4 hours between smokes and lost it.

I'd also like to thank all of the people on this forum with their reviews, and their efforts at getting the word out on these things. I am a single father, and I really need to get off the smokes for my son. For me, this is the best solution I have seen so far. After I get my liquids I'm sure that I will be way down from the pack a day I'm at right now. And then, who knows, maybe I'll get off smokes completely.

Btw: One thing I didn't include above was the battery life of these products. I can't really tell because I'm cycling through 3 e-cigarettes now with 2 batteries each, but I know some of the batteries run out pretty fast. I did order a penstyle e-cig from puresmoker with a USB passthrough, but it hasn't shipped yet. But that seems to be the best solution if you're limited to one e-cig and are worried about running out of power.

Take Care

Deficit

Moved On
Mar 2, 2009
Vienna, Ohio
Hi Grody, welcome. Your experiences reflect my own. Thankfully I found Puresmoker and these forums before I blew even more money on the lousy customer service the Canadian suppliers provide.

Yeah, not to mention any names or anything *COUGH*EPUFFER*COUGH*

Grody, just be glad you didn't order from ePuffer, they may be one of the worst. I'm considering alternatives such as Puresmoker (Pilot or Intellicig EVO), Bloog, or Janty (Dura).

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Last edited:

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Hey Nuck, they are brand brand new.......

I know they managed to get their kits in stock last week and should be available by now.

But the JC juice won't be available till mid to end of next week, as their small bottles weren't delivered yet as of late yesterday.

They order JC in Bulk and do the transfer to smaller bottles for resale (as well as their carts), in-house.

I'm awaiting the availability to try the KONA liquid and it sure will be nice to purchase this side of the border for JC stuff.

Now, if we could only get JC juice loaded carts in high nic for the 51 I'd be happier than a pig in <well, you know>.

VapeOn,
Greg

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Damn..I ordered too fast and used priority (1 day) delivery. I ordered a 30ml bottle of JC tennessee cured (my current favorite) with some accessories.

Since they are new, I'll be patient and hope we finally have a supplier in Canada that gives decent support.

I did notice the markup on the 401 batteries was pretty excessive. The rest of the prices, while not cheap, were reasonable.

Oh yeah...I tried the Kona and ......n..its like french kissing a puppy.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
And I seriously dont want to know how you know that, lol :shock: , besides there's positive opinions out there too about the flavour....... we shall see.

Well, you could always contact them and ask how much for a 1L bottle, lol.

Ya, not so so much about mark up as it is about our lousy CDN dollar exchange rate and rediculas shipping & brokerage fee's.

Oh well, it is what it is......

VapeOn,
Greg

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Tabinta.com

I ordered from them last Friday because I wanted some Liquid ASAP. I ordered 200 mls from Puresmoker, but that would take a couple weeks to get here. Tabinta is located in London, Ontario, and offered overnight shipping. So I ordered 120 mls worth, and paid $40 to have it shipped overnight.

Well, that was last Friday, and it's not going to be here until next week. I could tell by the tracking number that he didn't send it overnight, so I emailed him on Wednesday, and he didn't get back to me. So I emailed him again on Thursday asking if he was going to refund the difference in shipping. And that's when the rude emails started. He blamed Canada Post for not sending it Priority, and then blamed me for "not doing my research", and claiming that Priority wouldn't have been overnight anyways. (Which is wrong, it would have according to Canada Post)

Anyways, as it stands he's not going to give me the difference in shipping unless I spend it in his store, or pay the Paypal fees for a refund.

I'm just thankful that I didn't go through with another order at his store. I had $150 worth of stuff in my cart, but decided to wait until my first order came to make sure everything went ok. I'd hate to have to try and deal with this guy over defective merchandise, or if things were broken during shipping...

Ouch. I've mentioned Tabinta myself, several times, as a possible supplier in Canada here... Personally, I have never ordered from Tabinta. But strangely enough, somebody I know, that I trust, says the owner there is a great guy - so I passed that along.

In Canada, there aren't many places to chose from, so I didn't feel like letting this slide. Plus I felt a little crappy about recommending them too.
So I emailed them with a copy of the post above, asking for an explanation. Grody's name edited, this was the response:
Hello,
This is Jordan Regier, President and Co-Founder of Tabinta Electronic
Cigarettes. I have been out of the office the past week, in Calgary
meeting some customers when this incident occured. Sorry I have not been
able to email you sooner.
I have sent a letter of apology to Mr.G----m, there has been some
confusion and misunderstandings between my business partner Joshua Regier,
Mr.G----m and Canada Post. The following is what happened, this is what I
emailed to Mr.G----m:
"Your package was sent Priority Courier Via Canada Post, Canada Post
quotes next AM for most major Canadian cities. Your package was sent on
Tuesday March the 3rd, which was a day late and I am very sorry for this.
You should have received your order Wednesday if Canada post sent it out
Tuesday, if they did not send it out until Wednesday you should have
received it Thursday. Either or if you have not received it yet please let
me know. I have attached a copy of the receipt which includes the tracking
number."
The difference in shipping has been refunded and we will be sending
Mr.G----m a bottle of e-liquid for his troubles.
I hope this does not give my company a bad reputation in terms of customer
service. We strive to satisfy each of our customers and will do whatever
we can to do so. This incident will not happen again, I can personally
guarantee that. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Jordan Regier
President & Co-Founder
Tabinta Electronic Cigarettes
I don't usually stick my nose in other peoples business, lol.
Their response appears genuine, take it as you will.

I hope you guys who ordered from
Electronic Cigarette Canada Premium E-Cigarettes, Cartridges and Supplies keep us posted about how things go. I just don't know why Canadian vendors don't list their prices in Canadian dollars...although at least at this site they let you know up front that it's USD. When you realize it's US, their prices seem a little steeper. I couldn't find anything about shipping on their, but I only took a cursory look.

Grody

Mar 1, 2009
Vancouver, BC
First of all thanks for the "welcomes" to the forum.

RjG,

I received that pleasant email from Jordan today, and it was Joshua who was sending me the rude emails last week.

As far as my package being sent Priority Courier, here is the tracking number for my order, which still isn't here: 0100293000301768

According to that tracking number, and the fact that my package isn't here yet, the order was sent "Expedited Parcel", not "Priority Courier", which means that it's scheduled to be delivered 7 days after it was mailed, not the next day.

My email to Joshua asked for the difference in shipping; between the $40 I was charged for overnight, and the cost of sending my package Expedited. According to Joshua, that was $17.50, and I could have $13.75 of that back because I would have to pay the PayPal fees. OR I could have store credit, or another bottle of liquid sent, which costs $17.49.

My last email to Joshua stated "Just send me another bottle of Menthol, or refund me the money. I really
don't feel like wasting anymore time on this."

Now my email from Jordan never stated that I would be recieving the $17.50 refund AND a bottle of liquid, it just stated that I would be recieving a bottle of liquid. If I also get the difference in shipping costs, then I would be up a bottle of liquid. If not, I just end up in the same position as if I had ordered an extra bottle of liquid in the first place, and never asked for Priority Courier.

To be fair to Jordan, the reciept he sent me today does say "Priority Courier" on it, and if it's real, then Canada Post made a mistake. In which case Tabinta would be entitled to full refund of shipping costs, since Priorty Courier is guaranteed delivery.

But that's besides the point. My problem is not so much that it wasn't sent Priority, it's the way Joshua handled the situation afterwards. Even after his first rude email I stated at the end of my return email

"Refund my extra shipping costs, and maybe we can start over."

But he kept going, and wouldn't refund the difference unless I paid the Paypal fees.

I will email Jordan today, and if he really is going to refund the extra shipping costs AND send me an extra bottle of Menthol, then maybe we can start over. That would put me up a bottle of liquid for my trouble, and if they get a refund from Canada Post, they wouldn't be out of pocket for it either.

Hopefully Jordan can keep Joshua away from the computer long enough for me to correspond to them today without the insults.

I will keep you updated.

Grody

Mar 1, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Ok, here is my update on my situation with Tabinta:

Jordan was very polite and helpful with his emails.

He refunded the extra shipping costs, (with no PayPal fees deducted), AND he sent me a free bottle of liquid for the trouble. I received the refund today, and he's informed me that the bottle was sent out today as well.

I also recieved my order today, 4 20ml 18mg Menthol, 1 20ml 36mg Coffee, and 1 20ml 36mg Cappuccino.

All the bottles arrived in good shape. The bottles are soft, and easier to drip from then the one I got from Janty, and the caps are sealed like a bottle of pop. The menthol tastes good. I tried the Coffee and I got a headrush for the first time in years, and it tasted good as well. I will probably use the 36mg in the morning, and whenever i need the extra nicotine, and use the 18mg the rest of the time. I haven't tried the Cappuccino yet.

Now, would I order from them again?

Since I know that Jordan is there to take care of any problems in the future, and I like the juice, I would order from them again.

Banqer

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Hey Guys/Gals,

My friend runs a Canadian Supplier site which lists it's prices in Canadian dollars. He doesn't have a ton of stuff yet, but it's worth checking out. I know he told me if there was anything on the website he didn't have that he could add it. If you want to know the address of the website just PM me, since I haven't posted enough to post URLs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread