New breed of 510 atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedudeabides

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Boston
Anyone had a chance to try the new hybrid atties from COV and the new HH.357 from Cisco? I tried the new hybrids from COV, worked OK in the UFS but it is a little weird to feed since the side atomizer holes don't feed directly into the atomizer. Taste was a bit muted.

Managed to get an HH.357 ordered on Sunday when they were available and got it today. So far it feeds a bit better than the COV/Vapage ones due to the side holes being larger and feeding directly into the atty. Still need some time to break it in but looks promising so far.

Was wondering if anyone else has been playing around with these and what your impressions were.

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm just testing one of the COVapage 1.5ohm bottom feeder attys out now, dripping on my ggtb. Once I get it broken in a bit, I'll try on the UFS.
So far, it seems to run pretty hot, ohms out perfectly, but hits like it's a 1.1ohm or thereabouts. Throat scorching indeed, but it's already getting a bit better..tho still hard to take longer drags...
The flavor seems good dripping on it,the draw is airy for me but the ggts cap fixed that right up. Looking at these side holes, and reading that they weren't connected directly to the atomizer, I can see that it might not be ideal for UFS use, but I'm going to set that up tomorrow and see how it does. I'll have to break down and stalk one of those 357's sometime soon though, I'm sure.

Edit: Looking on the COV subforum it appears that the bottom feeder version I got may be the one made specifically for the Vmod(?), which may explain why the bottom sticks out so much, it's designed for a certain connection, possibly? I got it thinking it might be the best for reuptaking juice from the ufs collector tank, but I'll have to see how that goes. I've seen some accounts of certain mods shorting out while using these specific attys, as well, but not quite sure yet what that's all about...whole 'nother can o' worms there.

Last edited:

thedudeabides

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Boston
From my testing, the COV ones do feed. They just feed at a slower rate for 2 reasons:

1) the side holes are smaller.
2) the side holes feed into a chamber which inevitably (mainly via suction) feeds the juice via the opening at the base of of the 510 connection.

It was by no means impossible to feed, but it was definitely more restricted. What I did like is that it kept the atty wetter due to the SS mesh around the coil.

In terms of vaping. Flavor was a tad muted, TH was on par with Cisco's 1.5 ohm 510s, as was vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread