Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I think some of us dont know the old brass and how is it after use..

I got one brass jgg out of ss.. I like the brass which is going matte day by day.. But i think this jgg goes tarnish without matte :/ and i dont know how is it look like when it finish..

Sorry, cant help you out with the old brass tarnished. I never let mine be anything but shiny.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Is there anybody explain it with samples?..

Old brass is engraved tube and new brass is stealth cap/rethreader. I don't have any new brass myself, got this pic from google images. There are some pics here somewhere of new brass being very dark, almost black. I guess it depends on body chemistry and how it affects the brass differently for everybody.

GG-Brass Comp..jpg

painersin

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Ankara, Turkey
Old brass is engraved tube and new brass is stealth cap/rethreader. I don't have any new brass myself, got this pic from google images. There are some pics here somewhere of new brass being very dark, almost black. I guess it depends on body chemistry and how it affects the brass differently for everybody.

View attachment 266822

Yeah i know your photos with penelope and stealth combination.. i ilke it..

Here is my brass jgg.. it goes dark..
uploadfromtaptalk1382958221944.jpg

on note 2

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Any update on if we're getting a brass CT for the jGG, I might have missed it if it's been mentioned elsewhere.

PS: I'm loving the tarnished jGG, going to post some photos in the coming days. Just need to buy an SS telescope since the brass one isn't getting tarnished where there's no contact with my hands.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
I am not of the opinion that two tone brass looks good.....i just bought just gg brass and it is heavily tarnished after two days only.....what does one use to sometimes polish it? i hate brasso because it eats away at the metal and scratches surfaces..anyone explain to me why the brass on the GG tarnishes so much darker than the poldiac or 69?
N3xQ27e.jpg

what does one use to polish it? i don't like using brasso because it eats away at the etching...

BIG CL0UDS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Tampa, FL
do you have any idea on the alloy contents? what is a sunshine cloth? i used brasso on the poldiac but hate the way it eats away at the metal....so i wont be using it again on any of my mods...

Brasso is a big no no. I use mothers mag and aluminum polish and it is about 4 bucks at walmart and it works great on stainless and brass :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Italian seller will have new brass alloy in about 1 week and I will start making old brass alloy parts for justGG aal
Imeo what is your decision. Since Italian seller will have new alloy soon. I need to know if I buy from him or wait for old brass spares. Also wheN do u expect to have them online once you decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread