Status
Not open for further replies.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Where does any of that mention ******** (other than your last post). I don't see anything about them on the auction site that you posted that he was referring to. And if it is them that is running the auction site then number one why doesn't it say so on the site and number two why would you post it in a competing suppliers sub-forum to begin with?

"About Us" page???

BTW, is it just me... If you're going to do a page in english, how about having it proofed before it goes live! Typos I can understand (I do it all the time!) and I could even overlook misspelt words (do that too much to!) but weird gramatical errors bug me. Must be b/c I married an English major who's career was in the publishing field! I shouldn't be the only one who gets yelled at!!! :D

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
"About Us" page???

BTW, is it just me... If you're going to do a page in english, how about having it proofed before it goes live! Typos I can understand (I do it all the time!) and I could even overlook misspelt words (do that too much to!) but weird gramatical errors bug me. Must be b/c I married an English major who's career was in the publishing field! I shouldn't be the only one who gets yelled at!!! :D

Possible I missed it but I'm pretty certain it wasn't the same when I looked at that page earlier.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Just wanted to let you guys know that this idea isn't dead.. We can't sell mods directly on MadVapes unless we buy them from you..

But we are working with another company to act as a mod marketplace where you can list your mods.. You'll still have to follow ecf rules if you want to promote your mods here but we'll be sure to work hard to drive traffic to the site..

Thanks,

hoog

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Thanks for keeping us updated on this Hoogie.
I love making mods but it is getting to the point I`m starting to have to many although only one of each. I`d at least like to sell a few just to cover the cost of getting some more supplies well just to make more. :thumbs:

To me making these became as addicting as much as anything I`ve ever been addicted to.
Just when I think I`m happy and complete I see something that screams mod me. Now I`m past my number of atomizers and can`t stick one on every mod I have for a group picture so now I need more of those also.
ECF rules state to make a profit well I should be able to sell them to buy more parts since there isn`t any profit. Right? :rolleyes:

Your idea really could help cover some of this cost I`m thinking I need Mod-atics anonymous as well. 8-o
Not a chance I refuse to stop modding. Because I`m addicted. :D

Last edited:

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Connman:
You can sell mods in the classifieds for a profit. You just can't consistantly sell them. Somewhere there is a line that you don't want to cross. I don't know how many mods until you reach that line though. Selling one on occasion I don't think would be a problem. The rule (I believe) was enacted due to people selling the box mods constantly. IE: as income.
Hoogie is just trying to come up with a way we can sell our "hobby mods" without worrying about that line.

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
Hoog, I think the idea of teaming up with a sister site and pushing traffic there is the best way to do it. I for one love the idea of putting up a few of my mods and being able to earn a profit from it. However, I wouldn't have to make a bunch just to keep my site "stocked". People who want to mass produce generic mods will get caught in the price wars. Those who distinguish themselves on either quality or originality will command more money. I would also be willing to register as a supplier (or perhaps a new status on the ECF??) in order to take part in this new "auction" style site. Thanks.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Just wanted to let you guys know that this idea isn't dead.. We can't sell mods directly on MadVapes unless we buy them from you..

But we are working with another company to act as a mod marketplace where you can list your mods.. You'll still have to follow ecf rules if you want to promote your mods here but we'll be sure to work hard to drive traffic to the site..

Thanks,

hoog

Thank you for the opportunity. Any idea how long it will be before something is up and running?

Any workings for an auction-like format or anything?... for those of us with no idea of how much to sell for? It would also be beneficial in respect to not being able to mass produce a mod and still include quality workmanship without the pressure of knowing you have so many buyers waiting. And since e-bay will not sell these.

I need to read the ECF rules regarding selling but does anyone have any idea how much you are allowed to sell? I see some people selling quite a bit but not listed as supplier and such.

Personally, after I put my how-tos up on my three or four mods.... I wouldn't mind becoming a supplier or whatever is entailed. I'm so content with my latest mods that I believe I have come full-circle. I have no more desires.... other than to share them now in how-tos and manufacturing for those who possibly cannot build one themselves. :)

Oh.... and the desire of boxes..... more boxes..... BOXES!...... BOXES.... Must get me more BOXES!!!

{/me just loooooves the boxes!) :wub:

{/lucky me counting my blessings and wanting to share}:nun:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread