Need some thoughts and opinions, planning out my first dripper setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

erotikpanda

Moved On
Nov 3, 2013
U.K.

thanks man, looks like a really cool dripper, actually am very interested in it, nearly thought I'll settle with this one, until I read the news that Atmomixani are going to release a simple dripper with nemesis connection (i imagine making it into a hybrid) it doesn't look half bad either and supposedly will have a whole range of air holes too. It does seem pricey for a simple dripper - 66£ though, I guess i'll wait for some reviews to float in and maybe go for that one

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
I've been doing a crap load of research over this past week and I'm usually great at breaking things down to low price and high quality. So with the help of others what I've settled on is the Trident. I saw a clone on eBay for only $17.50 and the Trident V2 clone for $33.... argh, I simply can't decide to pay double for the V2 or settle on the V1 for now.

I know I'm way late to the party for this thread, but I thought I'd share my vaping experience and my feelings on the "proper" way to get into dripping and save money.

Mod - your choice, whatever fits into your budget. I've learned to stay away from clone MODS, but some clone RDA/RTAs are really nice.... I have a clone Kayfun 3.1 and I also own an original Kayfun 3.1, I prefer the airflow on my clone oddly enough. However with mods you truley get what you pay for... I just feel 18650 size is the way to go for mods that way you can use the Sony 30 amp VTC5 batteries (2600mAh) (green)...

My top mods I own, Cartel, Vanilla Mod, Heimdall, Turtle Ship. All originals.

For atomizers, this is where you can save money.

I have so many dripping atomizers it's hard to list, and best bang for your buck is the IGO-W3 - I have an Igo-W and my only gripe with the "W" model is that it wasn't 22mm. Now that there's the IGO-W3 it's a no brainer.

I'd say the next step up from there would be a patriot RDA, you can get them for $60.00, it looks nicer, and the recessed juice well is nice.

But really with all my kayfuns, auqa footons, ithaka, kraken genny, RSST, patriot, IGO-W & W3, omega, etc. etc. etc. My top RDA's are:

Stillare RDA (Cartel)
Patriot RDA/Nimbus (same thing)
IGO-W3

those three RDA's are my all time reliable go-to RDA's.

All I do is sub-ohm vape in my RDA's and I always run duals. I have all my airholes drilled out, unless they are adjustable like my Stillare RDA.

My very first mod + RDA setup was a K100 mod + IGO-W - out the door for $70.00 at the time. Opened my eyes from moving from a provari & kanger tank.... I thought my provari was the best thing since sliced bread, as well as my collection of rebuildable tank "clearomizers"... Then some really awesome people at Empire Vape, local vape store in Norco, CA showed me the glorious world of RDAs and how to get my nice fix in 10 seconds off an RDA rather than vaping on an 18mg e-juice with my provari having to puff on it all day like a baby and it's pacifier.

I did have to get used to direct lung hitting it, but now all I do is direct lung hits...im all about efficiency, and lung hitting is the way to go

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
+1 on the Patriot...I own several "high-end" RDA's (Crown, Atomic, Quasar, Origen V1, Trident V2, all originals) and I can honestly say that the patriot can hang with any of the aforementioned RDA's.......An original Patriot can be had for approx $60.....a great deal for a great RDA.....

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
THANK YOU. Ahh, ok, nothing more on that topic.

Ive become a dripper, nearly exclusively. If Im gonna be doing a lot of driving, Ill grab one of my iHybrids. Otherwise, Im drippin. I friggen lurv it. Subohm dual coils on a quality RDA has really become, FOR ME, the most enjoyable vaping experience yet on this lovely journey we call vaping.

ID say do this:

Get an RDA to use on your nemesis when you're at home, see how you like it, and then shop for a second mod, either for the RDA, or for the Kayfun.. that way you can spend less money off the bat.

RDAs to consider:

You know, I typed out a whole thing about a bunch of different attys, and realized, it was too long and pointless. Check these out:

Patriot
Nimbus
-These two are similar in that, they are both straight forward, triple post, nonadjustable airflow atomizers. I think the Nimbus MUST be drilled out to use subohm, but the Patriot, IMO, is just on the tight side, but not too tight that you can run subohm.(I do all day everyday with no problem) Patriot is 22mm, Nimbus is 20mm.

Omega
Trident/Trident 2
-Adjustable airflow, unique build design, great flavor from these guys, capable of huge clouds. Trident 1 and 2 allow you to use ribbon wire with ease, Omega can do it but its a little tricky. these are, IMO, flavor hounds. The omega has a unique design where you can sort of "float" the coils above the airholes, so the airflow comes from the bottom, which is generally agreed upon to produce the best flavor. Personal note: I think the Trident 1 is ugly as sin, I think the Trident 2 is shmexy.

Brass Monkey
Helios
-Both of these are adjustable airflow, AND, have double center posts, making the build process even easier. Building duals on this is SOOO easy, its almost asking you to do a quad build. The brass monkey is cool because you get two top caps, one with adjustable flow, and one brass cap with regular holes which could be drilled out. also, the overall internal chamber of the Brass monkey, is actually really tight, and the flavor from it, is intense and saturated.

There is lots of good atomizers these days.. honestly, if you ask me, you really can't wrong with 99% of them. I mean, any of the high end RDAs are going to be solid, because what really decides how well it works, is the build. Airflow can be modified, chamber size can be reduced on some of them with aftermarket top caps.. What is key, is the build. Which do you want to build on. Do you want to use ribbon wire? Really low gauge thick wire? Are you going to venture past duals into quads?

Hope this helps.

-If this is all just too much text and blah blah blah... Get the Patriot. Is a wonderful first RDA, and it will grow with you because of how much room there is too build and you can drill the airholes as you go along. Out of the box, its a great RDA, and its been one of my daily attys for a while now. Looks superb on a nemesis too.

As a customer who bought an OG Omega from Vaporbombz in Anaheim, CA I can say (imo) that the Omega RDA is pure garbage.

It's an atomizer priced where the Nimbus and patriot is but uses ancient technoloy in their RDA... it does have adjustable airflow, which isnt a big deal for me as I always dremmel mine out at a brick and mortar vape shop anyways... but the three posts do not have screws!! you have to look at a picture of the omega interior, it looks like minor stuff, but when using 26g, 28g, 22g kanthal for sub-ohm vaping, these holes to put the kanthal leads into are NERVE RACKING!

The other and most glaring thing that made my omega a paper weight was that the cool idea of putting the airflow UNDER the coils had me sold, but I failed to do research and found that (for whatever reason) they decided NOT to include a juice well...

With holes BELOW the coils, your juice will spill out the sides of this atomizer ALL. THE. FREAKING .TIME. It's horrible.

Lets be honest, most of us bought it because it was adjustable airflow and it has the cool Omega symbol on it... ot ar least thats why I impulse bought it..

All the other RDA's you listed are top notch and I own most of them... but the omega is garbage, do not buy, it's a waste of money, you should go with a patriot RDA, be way happier, make builds easier, and save $20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread