Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAWS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Cali
Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please.
Have a problem with cartomizers and atomizers working on the INFINITY.
Last night I put new carto and it's smoking from the top of the cap (connection area),
using Premium IKV Gold.
When using a 510 Mega Cartomizer Drip it just shorts out, led on for a second then nothing.
And with Boge/Eastmall no sound on smoke nothing, but led is on.
I get nothing when I use a 510 atomizers or adapters, but led is on.
The Premium IKV Platinum 510 works at a certain voltage under 4.5.
Anything over 4.5 it short out on all carto and attys. Without anything connected the led works fine,not shorting out when pushing the button. And the Volt Meter works fine also.
So any help will do.
Thanks

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
The v2 golds are 2.5ohm. They never seem to work right for me though.

JAWS check that your center pins are fully contacting. Some of my cartos I have had to ever so gently pull them out.

Basically if your exceeding 2 amps the protection circuit is kicking in. LR cartos/attys or bad connection is usually the cause. Mike recommends staying over 2.4 ohms on attys and cartos.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sorry Jaws that you are having this problem. I had to send mine back after 1st receiving it cause of the pin problem. I live on the east coast and had it back in my hands in a weeks time. Since you are in CA you should have no problem with turn around time. Did you look at his website and find the repair form? I' ll try to look for the link for you.
:)
sas

Just looked. Login to the website and click your Completed orders link. Even though the link says return item---click on it anyway --a form will pop up--fill it out. Then Mike or a staff member will email you with an address to mail to. Be specific on the form. good luck.
:)
sas

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
WE were trying to sort this out and 5CS had lots of experience with the IKV 510's .

It seems that there are several things going on her but it is not clear to me what exactly , maybe the best thing to do is to send it to me WITH the attys/carts that act up so I can figure it out for you ? I can fix this in probably 15 min. ( something weird is going on here) .

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Okay here's the deal once and for all (well I might do it again) Ikenvapes 510 drip tip cartomizers run right at the edge of not working on the Infinity. It is the resistance thing. Also though I have had fewer problems with those than the Fusions. They are so close to the cut off line and with the juice now days it lowers the resistance just enough to make it a problem sometimes.. I would definitely check the center post on the 510 Drip Tip too as I have had some that the insulator is gone. They are great cartos on the right PV. The fusions are even worse. It's not the cartos fault and it's not the Infinities fault they just aren't too good together. I use mine on my Buzz when they don't work on the Infinity with no problems. If you meter them dry you will get a different reading than you will when full of juice and a day old. Adapters on anything if you tighten them too much it sqashes the insulator causing a short. On the Infinity I put the adapter on the cartomizer leaving it loose then put them on the Infinity holding the button down. The minute they make contact stop tightening them. I love both products and they're all I use. But except for the Mega 808 which is at a higher Ohm level, the Drip tip and the fusion are not a good match on the Infinity but are great on the Buzz.

Last edited:

JAWS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Cali
@ Mike, I PM'ed you regarding my Infinity. I don't own a Buzz yet.
@5Card, I did everything to the cartos. I'm very careful with cartos,
I put cartos on the adapters first also, because I have had cap problem.
It is shorting with every carto and attys and some just are not working at all.
I have been using these cartos on the Infinity from day 1 without any problem, until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread