Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
i've been researching and reading... it comes down to three brands
xtar, pila, and nitecore

pila has one, two slot battery for $45
nitecore has four types, two and four slots, for $15-20, im looking at i4 or d4, leaning towards d4, i like to have display
xtar is the confusing one here, they have a whole army but so far people is raving about the wp2 II, there is also xp4c, vp2, xp4, etc...

so i got some questions...
1. which other xtar battery charger is better than the wp2 II? or is that hands down the best from the xtar camp? why?
2. does the pila charger charge AA or AAA batteries or no?
3. which of the nitecore or xtar has the feature that pila has? where it charges to 4.17-4.18 volts? i've read it keeps the battery life longer

pretty much i need a recommendation on a good battery charger, if it can charge AA or AAA batteries that is a bonus, not a necessity, money is not the issue since it seems the most expensive of these battery chargers are no more than $50

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I can show you the one i got. Amazon.com: NITECORE i4 Intellicharge universal smart battery Charger (Ver. 2) For 18650 RCR123 AA 18500 14500 18350 16340 18700 with Ac and 12V DC (Car) power cords, 2 x EdisonBright AA to D type battery spacer/converters: Electronics The reasons are, it's a smart chager, holds up to 4 batteries and it will charge all 18000 series batteries, 26650's and many others. This one comes with all the cables so you can take it on the road some others for sale do not. But if you don't mind waiting a month here is one that i plan to order as a backup. https://www.fasttech.com/p/1765200
I've been very happy with the Nitecore product. Had a Efest charger but Piffed it as it was not a smart charger and would only hold 14000 and 18000 batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread