Need help picking out a "rebuildable" tank system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da300Mann

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Benton, Arkansas, United States
I'm a carto/tank guy, and have been for a couple years (1.5 DC and LR Boges). With all the buzz about rebuildable tank systems, I thought, what the heck, I'll try one... BUT DANG!! There are SOOOO many out there, I don't even know where to start!

I'm NOT look to sub-ohm! I just want to try a good system that gives me the clearo flavor, without the wicking problems and don't need a Dr. degree to rebuild. Oh... needs to look good too, NO VIVI looking tank! I know some people love the VIVI, but it looks cheap!

Help a brother out!

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Hmm, have you tried a ProTank yet? Those can be rebuilt and/or just replace the heads. Many folks really like them. If you really want a RBA, you might want to consider the RSST; it's a little more forgiving and has more space which makes it easier to work with. The only downside to the RSST is that it does not have a Pyrex tank so you have to be careful with known tank cracking juices. Another RBA worth considering is the AGA-T2; it comes with a Pyrex tank but it can be a little finicky to rebuild initially.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I'm a carto/tank guy, and have been for a couple years (1.5 DC and LR Boges). With all the buzz about rebuildable tank systems, I thought, what the heck, I'll try one... BUT DANG!! There are SOOOO many out there, I don't even know where to start!

I'm NOT look to sub-ohm! I just want to try a good system that gives me the clearo flavor, without the wicking problems and don't need a Dr. degree to rebuild. Oh... needs to look good too, NO VIVI looking tank! I know some people love the VIVI, but it looks cheap!

Help a brother out!

Good for you not wanting to do a sub-ohm coil. I think people are literally playing w/ fire using them, but that's another topic ;)

As for an RBA; first ask yourself if you want a silica based wick or stainless steel (ss). Some can use either but most are geared toward one or the other. I prefer a ss wick, but they have to be kept mostly upright or they'll leak. I'm use to this so it's not a deal breaker. Then ask how airy/tight you want the draw. A 1mm airhole is considered tight while 1.5mm is loose to give you a rough guide. Then ask what size tank you want. For me, 2-3ml capacity is just right, some like 4-5ml.

There are probably more questions, but these will help narrow it down. Of course your price range will be the determining factor. Most RBA's use a 510 connection. Then you have Hybrids, which I like, that are an all in one unit. Yet another thing to consider.

While it may not take a doctorate to rebuild atties, do expect a learning curve and visit the RBA forum. Lots of info there (and Youtube. Scott Bonner's page has lots of RBA reviews/tutorials. Search 'igetcha69' on Youtube and you'll find his page).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread