Need help making a circuit that allows for 4 510 connectors.

bubeezle

Feb 19, 2024
Hi all, I know the title sounds stupid but bear with me.

My friend has asked me to try and build a vape that can hold 4 cartridges, specifically those generic cartridges that have 1-2 ohm resistance. I've been told about many ways to try and build a circuit but it's like guesswork trying to figure out if it will work. Safety is the obvious issue here, I want to be able to use the fire button to turn the device on and off like most vapes on the market.

I've heard running 4 510 connectors in parallel will run at sub-ohm resistances, and that it's recommended to have some sort of voltage regulation or PWM controller to fire a mosfet.

How would you guys tackle such a situation?

If you require any other details please let me know!

Thanks,

Bubz

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

bubeezle

Feb 19, 2024
Hi and welcome,

Why?
Have you considered a COTS solution?
Perhaps a pair of units like the Tombstone, the vpure camel or the pulsar duplo are a better solution?

Cheers
I
Thanks for the reply.

I have seen those products but I'm more into the DIY side. I've been modeling how my vape would look on a CAD program and I'd hate to give up on my idea.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Reactions: bubeezle

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Thanks for the reply.

I have seen those products but I'm more into the DIY side. I've been modeling how my vape would look on a CAD program and I'd hate to give up on my idea.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Have a thought ...

Perhaps drilling 4 holes into a large glass marble for the attys and 1 hole for the 510 connector?

Cisco posted the taps needed back when modding was at its peak.

Obviously you'll need metal inserts if you're gonna use glass, but a ball-bearing might be too much of a hassle. Much easier tapping metal tubing than a hardened steel ball-bearing.

I've got a crapload of old-school cartomizers (boxes/cases) that can be tanked or used as-is for your experiments.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
CBD and I believe THC, but you can use them for nic juice too. OP mentioned CDB in reddit post.

Joyetech Eroll Mac cigalikes had similar ceramic carts, very clean taste.
Oh? Been out of the game for quite a long time. Not surprised seeing Joyetech go back to ceramic. I still have 4 brand new vintage boxes of ceramic Janty stick 510's.

• Love

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Oh? Been out of the game for quite a long time. Not surprised seeing Joyetech go back to ceramic. I still have 4 brand new vintage boxes of ceramic Janty stick 510's.

That eroll mac was like 4-5 years ago.

But there are ceramic coils out there from various companies. The Vaporesso GT ceramic coil was/is very popular. All in all, ceramic just doesn't seem to be that popular in nicotine vape world.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    That eroll mac was like 4-5 years ago.

But there are ceramic coils out there from various companies. The Vaporesso GT ceramic coil was/is very popular. All in all, ceramic just doesn't seem to be that popular in nicotine vape world.
    I have seen a few over the years on forums, but not a tanked one.

And I can't remember the last time I got baked, so ... that stuff has been off the radar for a couple decades. Interesting seeing ceramic tanks, should've done that from the beginning.

bubeezle

Feb 19, 2024
    What is the point of a mod like this, so that 4 people can use it at once?
    Or is this a "do it just to do it" sorta project?
    The idea was to have some sort of mouthpiece to go over the 4 cartridges with a "carb" hole. Essentially allowing big inhales of vapour. This is a "do it just to do it" project for sure, its a very niche idea that nobody ever asks about ahah

Users who are viewing this thread