Need help figuring out which ibtanked tank set for my provari(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
Hi fellow Provarians, I've been using Kanger PT2's for all these months. No complaints for the most part. But maybe I'm cheating myself out of a better vape experience, so I would like to try the ibtanked system. I've read Baditudes blog, it was very helpful. Maybe some of you nice folks could give me the exact mm size tube and size or type of cartomizor for the size tank that fits Provari (with out the Provari ring) I would rather buy everything from just ibtanked, but if the cartos they sell are somewhat inferior, maybe recommend another brand and size. single coil 1.8 to 2 ohm is fine by me. I need large ml juice capacity if at all possible. No problem refilling once or twice a day. But I don't want to refill every hour, know what I mean? I would probably buy 3 tank sets, and maybe half dozen cartos, just to have spares. How long do they last? Do you clean them and re-use? Or just use until they die? Thanks for your help.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The 22 mm tank diameter is closest to the diameter of the ProVari TUBE, and most popular, I think.
The 19 mm tank diameter is the same as the TOP of the TAPERED part of the ProVari - but it's skinny, and holds less juice.
The other choice is 35 or 45 mm "tall" - and that determines the length of the cartos. Some vendors call this standard or "XL" length, or regular and "Mega," etc. Basically, there are 2 standard lengths of cartos and tanks that match... I prefer the look of standard, but a "Mega" or XL tank will be taller - and hold more juice...

The IBTanked cartos are good, but you may want to try IkenVape if you get the chance - there is a flavor difference, and different people prefer different cartos.

You vape on a carto until it's not working great, then throw it out - they can't really be cleaned or rebuilt.

Hope that helps -
Oh, and FYI - I still use my PT2's, but only because I HAVE them, and lots of coils - as soon as I tried a cartotank, it became preferred - better flavor, and a long time with no trouble. Just have to get the hang of "priming" a new carto, and then it's good for a like a week of heavy vaping...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
If you buy an IBTanked, first you choose DIAMETER. Let's say you want 22mm...
Then you choose "Standard" or "XL" - that's how "tall" it is. For Standard, you'll be buying 35mm cartos, for XL you'd be buying 45mm cartos (which IkenVape calls "Mega").

Make sense so far?

Now at IkenVape, you have a couple final choices!!

You can get Punched or not Punched - some people want to make their own holes. Let's say you want Punched.
Then you can get Flanged or Not-Flanged - that's the lip at one end of the carto. It makes it so you CAN'T pull the carto ALL the way THROUGH a tank - but it also means that depending on your setup, you MIGHT have to leave a slight gap between the tank and the mod you're attaching to. If you're using the IBTanked "Ring" it would cover the flanged bit... I like no-flange, as it lets me leave no gap, and it lets me slide a new carto in by using it to push the old one out, etc...

I know IKV can be confusing...
Let's say you want 2 ohms, standard 35mm length, punched, with a flange.
That would be called "510 Fusion LR Punch" and they're out of stock. LOL.

Maybe just get some cartos from IBTanked to start with!!
Same basic choice - standard or XL length to match your tank, LR (2 ohms) or SR (3 ohms), and the "Smoktech" have a flange, which "Boge" has no flange.

I went to the ikenvape web site. very confused on which carto to order for 22 mm ibtanked set up. Assuming I buy the 45 mm tall or assuming I buy the 35 mm tall tube.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
ibtanked out of stock on the standard cartos too unfortunately :( I ordered the ring. I ordered the XL length, 22 mm with and 5 XL cartos punched with flange. Now "my account" having issues. I've never ordered from them, so I shouldn't have an account. Oh well, hopefully it will get worked out and I can place the order.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I saw someone else very recently saying something about an "account error" - maybe their website is wonky today?!?
You can look for a thread called "Do you fiddle with your Thingy" - the "thingy" is the little container your tank comes in, that can be used to "prime" a new carto. The owner of IBTanked is named "OCD" here on the forum, and he can be found providing help in the "Thingy" thread. Or call/email them - it's a small family-run company that loves to take care of customers...

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Good for you Steelgirl! I started with a carto tank, went to PT's and have been so happy to return to carto tanks (IBTanks). Better flavor and less fiddling. Have not tried Ikenvapes as I was reading about some difficulties a while back (a bad batch). I will try them as my emails from Isaac have been really great in the customer service dept. I've only used the Smok 3.2 single coil with my larger tank and Provari and their 2.0 with a mechanical device. I've had zero problems. Too bad they are out. I would do as Train2 suggested and post on their thread about the difficulties you had in ordering and when the cartomizers will be in. I've gotten much more rapid response on the thread than when I have emailed. Great threads to read there also. Enjoy and congrats!

Dragline

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I like no-flange, as it lets me leave no gap, and it lets me slide a new carto in by using it to push the old one out, etc...

I use the flanged cartos from Smok. I've never had any issue "hot swapping" an old carto for a new one. since IBTanks dont really have a top and bottom, that is to say that the caps are exactly the same, so which ever way you put the carto in with the treaded end becoming the bottom works. Now I will admit i have only "hot swapped" twice. Once with a half full tank which was simple just started with the liquid at the bottom and pushed the old out with the new, and both were flanged, when i got close to the juice level i flipped it over and finished pushing out the old one. No flooding or any issues. top became bottom, bottom became top. yes with a flange you can only go one direction with he swap but it still works. I also did this with a full tank, but i put the rubber insert back in the tip of the new carto to push out the old and did it quickly as I could when I got the carto pushed in I just knew I was going to flood it, but it worked out with no flooding.

Not trying to cause issue, or call you out or anything. Just saying it can still be done with a flanged carto.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I use the flanged cartos from Smok. I've never had any issue "hot swapping" an old carto for a new one. since IBTanks dont really have a top and bottom, that is to say that the caps are exactly the same, so which ever way you put the carto in with the treaded end becoming the bottom works. Now I will admit i have only "hot swapped" twice. Once with a half full tank which was simple just started with the liquid at the bottom and pushed the old out with the new, and both were flanged, when i got close to the juice level i flipped it over and finished pushing out the old one. No flooding or any issues. top became bottom, bottom became top. yes with a flange you can only go one direction with he swap but it still works. I also did this with a full tank, but i put the rubber insert back in the tip of the new carto to push out the old and did it quickly as I could when I got the carto pushed in I just knew I was going to flood it, but it worked out with no flooding.

Not trying to cause issue, or call you out or anything. Just saying it can still be done with a flanged carto.

I do it all the time with flanged cartos. My way is to prime a carto and insert the tank too. And push it into the old carto. Which flips the tank. Where I have an issue is doing this with unflanged cartos because I am not used to them.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you buy an IBTanked, first you choose DIAMETER. Let's say you want 22mm...
Then you choose "Standard" or "XL" - that's how "tall" it is. For Standard, you'll be buying 35mm cartos, for XL you'd be buying 45mm cartos (which IkenVape calls "Mega").

Make sense so far?

Now at IkenVape, you have a couple final choices!!

You can get Punched or not Punched - some people want to make their own holes. Let's say you want Punched.
Then you can get Flanged or Not-Flanged - that's the lip at one end of the carto. It makes it so you CAN'T pull the carto ALL the way THROUGH a tank - but it also means that depending on your setup, you MIGHT have to leave a slight gap between the tank and the mod you're attaching to. If you're using the IBTanked "Ring" it would cover the flanged bit... I like no-flange, as it lets me leave no gap, and it lets me slide a new carto in by using it to push the old one out, etc...

I know IKV can be confusing...
Let's say you want 2 ohms, standard 35mm length, punched, with a flange.
That would be called "510 Fusion LR Punch" and they're out of stock. LOL.

Maybe just get some cartos from IBTanked to start with!!
Same basic choice - standard or XL length to match your tank, LR (2 ohms) or SR (3 ohms), and the "Smoktech" have a flange, which "Boge" has no flange.
Wow. EXCELLENT explanation!!
yes.gif

I use the same method as you have. It really works GREAT!!

I have also done it with the tank COMPLETELY full, had a brand new dud carto. Boy I held my breath while "hot swapping" but it worked out just fine. With pressure from the juice on all sides, it was actually very stable while swapping.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
tank lengths.jpg Vendor List for Pre-Punched Cartos

Standard Length Tank Cartomizers

Ikenvape Platinum SR (punch) V2 or Platinum SR S series (slotted).

Ikenvape Platinum SR 510-Fusion punch

Boge SR single hole cartomizers

XL Length Tank Cartomizers

Smoktech 3.0 ohm single coil 2 hole cartomizers

Ikenvape Mega Platinum SR punch V2 series or IKV MEGA Platinum SR S Series (slotted)

Ikenvape Mega 510-Fusion SR punched

IBTanked Liquid Capacities:

19mm HalfLing = 0.7ml
19mm Standard= 1.5ml
19mm XL = 2ml

22mm HalfLing = 1.2ml
22mm Standard = 3ml
22mm XL = 4.5ml

IBTanked-large-small.jpg XL & Std 19mm

IBTanked_Std_22mm_Tank.jpg Std 22mm

IBTankedXL22.jpg XL 22mm

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
They shipped quite fast for semi-custom. Not so good on follow up CS though. So you may want to keep in mind that if you decide to get a painted tank instead of clear glass that the quality of the paint jobs can vary considerably. I bought 2 IBT tanks. One was not painted well, one was OK... so I informed them (never heard back from them), ordered and paid for a replacement tube for it. The replacement was also was poorly painted. A few other folks have had the same experience. I only use the one tank now and then because I bought what I consider to be much better tanks. The carto's have also all been set aside and replaced by RTA's (Sophia's).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread