Need dual 18650 mod suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought or was bought a Smok XCube Ultra from direct vapor after hearing how great it was. But I have two major issues with it and it is important what these issues are because I need to buy a new mod and I don't want the new one to have the same problems.

1st Issue: Is that there is an autolock feature on this mod which cannot be disabled or changed in any way I know of and it takes pressing the firing button 5 times within like 2 seconds which I can't even do with my left hand and only sometimes can do by pressing the top of the firing key since the whole button is huge. So every time I want to take a small puff I have to dick around for literally 30 seconds trying to get this thing to unlock. Impossible in a car while driving by the way.

2nd Issue: The button is huge and is literally one side of the mod. That isn't exactly a problem by its self except that it is a hair trigger and takes very little force to trigger it. Fortunately there is an autolock feature that automatically locks the mod after 10 seconds of inactivity. But it does not disable the rgb led lights or the lcd panel and both of them will stay pretty much fully illuminated the entire time it is in your pocket.

Now I was not told anything about this before ordering it. Every review says this thing kicks ... and no one mentions these problems. That is why I am asking the community to help me with my next purchase because I can't afford to chunk out $60 every time every reviewer in the world is incorrect about a mod's quality.

I just need a dual 18650 mod that can do about 100+ watts and can be used quickly when desired but has very small chances of firing off in your pocket. And I squat and lift boxes quite a bit so it needs to be durable. Would be great if it had one small button to fire and an lcd screen for info. I can spend less than one hundred dollars. I know I'm forgetting to mention things that are important. My tank is a Smok TFV8 and I love this tank but the mod just is not practical.

Currently I'm using an iStick 50w for now and I'm vaping at about 40w. Its ok I guess but I want something that takes batteries and hits harder.

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
I am a Air Conditioning tech. I crawl through small spaces and climb ladders for a living. I like the ruggedness of my Tesla Invader III. I have had it for 6 months now and have not had one problem out of it. I run my TFV8 with T8-V8 coils at 4.5v and my batteries (Sony VTC5) last all day. It has no screen, but this adds to the ruggedness of the mod to me. Once you set the voltage you are good to go.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
After seeing reviews for many products they all are promoted as great by the people doing the reviews but I like to dig deeper to see what the regular users say about the products. Those reviews tend to be more honest and the guy who is tripping I just can't take him. I like the iStick line and have a TC40W which was my first MOD and still in use today!.

Ok I found out how to turn the autolock feature off. It was the second option under the settings tab. I just overlooked it. Still you have to lock this thing to put it in your pocket and unlock it and relock it every time you are driving around. Also you have to disable the light show if you plan on having this in your pocket because it doesn't lock that out so what you are left with is the lcd screen constantly active while in your pocket showing a padlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread