Status
Not open for further replies.

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
While I love my darwin the swing arm doesn't play well with tanks or most drip shields for that matter. I thought about an adapter that would be a 510 to 510 connector that would make a right turn and another turn upwards giving clearance for a tank. Anyone know how to make such a thing cause I'd buy one. Just food for thought I guess.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
The shortest version of the gooseneck is about 3" long. Frankly, I think a tank adapter is a cool idea, but the more I've thought about it and the longer I've used tanks on my Darwin the more I realize it's something I probably wouldn't use. I don't pocket my Darwin often, so for me it's no big deal to just remove the tank on those rare occasions. Besides, I don't think it would really be any more pocket-friendly with a tank in any configuration I can picture. Just my :2c: and I really would like to see something like this come to light, if for nothing else than for the "neat-o" factor ;-)

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think having the option to use a tank and for it to be a bit more pocketable to be something i would like. Sure it might be on the mod all day, but i think many of us have a lot of parts in our kits that we use on different occasions. It would be useful on a lot of juice supplying mods (Line, Fog, GTank, Genisis LV, UFS, MAP Tanks, etc etc) If it was $20 or so, i think it would sell quickly.

I dunno, as much as it may have limited uses, it is a use i think many woudl liek to have the option for.

An offset MAP tank where the hole is not in the center (providing clearance for it to fit on the Darwin) woudl also be an interesting option. I think someone else was considering making one of those, but havent heard anythign more of it. IMO It seems this angle adapter would be worthwhile regardless.

Has to be someone out there with the skills, and desire to make some cash.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I wasn't criticizing the idea, just speaking in regard to my own personal needs, hope you guys didn't take my post the wrong way ;-)

An offset MAP tank where the hole is not in the center (providing clearance for it to fit on the Darwin) woudl also be an interesting option. I think someone else was considering making one of those, but havent heard anythign more of it

I think Cuseguy was trying something like that at one point a while back, though it never made it out of prototype stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread