Nearly 4 days analog free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylerrrae

Feb 22, 2012
Seattle
Been vaping since late January/early February, planning on switching from analogs but never found the strength.
Well, Saturday I smoked my last analog after my shift at work... My new juices and cartos came in the mail that day, and I'd decided to finish up my last pack before I got home. I've been 1/2-1 PAD smoker since I was 16, am now 20.
I'm vaping 24mg, first night was no problem, had lots of fun trying out the new flavors (Thin Mint Cookie is amazing!) Monday, no issues only a few mild cravings that I stopped quickly with vaping. Tuesday, still not much of an issue (even though I practiced with my band, where I used to chain smoke). I've heard many times that the first three days are the worst, so I woke up this morning happy to have those first three over.
Then, today, I woke up grumpy for no reason. I cried over absolutely nothing 15 minutes after I woke up. And no amount of vaping is killing the cravings I'm having. My manager called and told me he didn't need me at work tonight, which is great luck for me, because I don't know if I would have made it (about 90% of the people I work with smoke analogs).

Just needed to let someone know that today's a tough one, but I'm pushing through, and I appreciate all the success stories on here... They really give me strength and hope:)

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
(((((taylerrrae)))))

Oh babe, trust me, you will get through this, chain vape but if you really need an analog then have one, don't beat yourself up because think of all those you haven't smoked, try a different flavour and get yourself a nice coffee, have a girly day and some you time. (And don't forget, Ben & Jerry's is another cure all)

Take care

Reading the forums, I've noticed a lot of people vape and smoke to start. I did. Started vaping with a Blu disposable in February and still smoked almost a pack a day. Then my DH husband suggested I buy the kit (probably because he wanted me to quit smoking). I did and have progressed from Blu to Ego C to Ego Twist to Lavatube to now my new purple Provari I will have on Saturday..crossing my fingers. I smoked a few analogs here and there deciding finally they tasted like an ashtray. Now I only vape. So give yourself a break if you smoke. You will fully switch over in your own time.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Old habits are hard to break and it takes time. I have only been vaping for a short time myself (6-27-12)and i have had moments where i think about smoking a analog. As a matter of fact i did light one up and take a couple of puffs a couple weeks after i started vaping and i just look at it as a slip of sorts. And not to get all deep and such but when a mountain climber has a slip on his way up the mountain does he stop and come back down and give up or does he get his footing and keep climbing?
Thank you for asking your question. it makes me think about my own goal. Good luck to you and congratulation on every analog you have Not smoked that you would have otherwise.
Take care,Rob.

Pete99

Sep 7, 2011
Saginaw, MI
I was a three pack a day smoker. I was happy to get down to a pack a day.

Sure some things were hard on me. Stairs, I hated stairs, and I live on the third floor of a walk up. Bringing home the groceries, well it sucked.

Then my lung collapsed, I spent a month in the hospital, they chopped off 40% of my right lung (worthless due to my smoking), and I immediately felt better, I could breathe again.

I would not have made the transition to e-cigs without the lung collapse, but I cannot recommend you wait for a lung collapse.

Pete

elgatoenelsombrero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Gautier, MS
I quit as soon as I got my kgo(have since upgraded to provari), but out of curiosity, I tried a few drags off a cig at work about a month after I was vaping exclusively. To my amazement, it tasted horrible and it didn't even feel the same on my throat and lungs, the vaping I had been doing totally ruined my "appetite" for smoking I guess you could say. Once you get use to vaping, smoke just doesn't cut it anymore, you may still get strong cravings for a cigarette.. but once you light one and take a drag or 2.. it will taste terrible and the amount of smoke will be pathetic in comparison to the amount of vapor you get from your ecig. It is very effective at killing the taste and throat hit/pleasure you get from cigarettes, which is a very powerful quitting tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread