5+ days analog free! (minus 1 analog), too much nic in my juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis
It's been 5+ days for me since I decided to go analog free, and start vaping. I've only had 1 analog in the past 5 days, on Christmas. All the family around was stressful, so I broke down. Wasn't even satisfying, I still had to vape afterwards.

I'm wondering if the liquid I'm vaping is higher strength nicotine than what I was smoking in analogs (Camels). I vape the higher strength juices, mostly 30mg strength. Could this be why I didn't get me "fix" with the analog yesterday? Also, I'd love to get nicotine out of my body all together, so I'm going to order lowest strength juice on my next order. Do you think it will be too much of a jump in nic strength? Should I go from high, to medium, to low? Not sure if I will notice the difference in the big drop of nic strength. I hope not!

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
It's been 5+ days for me since I decided to go analog free, and start vaping. I've only had 1 analog in the past 5 days, on Christmas. All the family around was stressful, so I broke down. Wasn't even satisfying, I still had to vape afterwards.

I'm wondering if the liquid I'm vaping is higher strength nicotine than what I was smoking in analogs (Camels). I vape the higher strength juices, mostly 30mg strength. Could this be why I didn't get me "fix" with the analog yesterday? Also, I'd love to get nicotine out of my body all together, so I'm going to order lowest strength juice on my next order. Do you think it will be too much of a jump in nic strength? Should I go from high, to medium, to low? Not sure if I will notice the difference in the big drop of nic strength. I hope not!

You definately will notice a jump like that. There are a few things to keep in mind when you're switching from analogs to vaping. First off, there are a lot of chemicals in analogs besides nicotine that you are addicted to. Secondly, nicotine is absorbed more slowly when you vape than it is when you smoke. You don't get the immediate satisfaction like you do when you smoke. So, you will probably notice you will need to vape more often than you smoked. That's pretty normal. Third, vaping is a lot more pleasent than smoking so you want to do it more often. If I break down and have an analog, I still want to vape immediately afterwords because I like the way my juice tastes. And lastly, its OK if you still have an analog occasionally. One cigarette a month, or even a week isn't going to kill you, necessarily. And every analog you DON'T smoke is a victory.

So, don't read too much into wanting a cigarette during a stressful time. It's normal when you're only a week into vaping. I will say that 30mg is a bit high. But that may be what it takes to keep you off analogs. General rule is go with the lowest amount of nicotine that satisfies you. For me, it's 24mg. I tried to step down to 18mg and it didn't do it for me. But, if your goal is to get off of nicotine completely, gradual is going to be more successful than a sharp jump from highest to lowest. Try 24mg juice and see if that keeps the analog cravings away. If it does, do that for a while and then try 18mg. Keep doing this until you are vaping 0mg juice. Or at least that's my two cents.

And enjoy your new hobby/obsession.

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis
Try 24mg juice and see if that keeps the analog cravings away. If it does, do that for a while and then try 18mg. Keep doing this until you are vaping 0mg juice. Or at least that's my two cents.

And enjoy your new hobby/obsession.

I understand the stress thing and I am glad you made it though with just one. when I was switching I had a couple days with some cigs and came to the conclusion that I really didn't even need the cig cause I was just as stressed afterwards lol. well enjoy the holiday season and stay strong.

Thank you both for the advice and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread