Nautilus Replacement Options

gtrthang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Memphis, TN
I've used Aspire Nautilus for many years to the point that I wear out the threads. The last few tanks I have bought have been low quality and I'm thinking it may be time to move on to something more modern. I am not interested in Sub-Ohm vaping (been vaping for a long time and don't care for how they hit). Typically my coils are 1.8. Any recommendations? Looking for something similar, is rugged enough to survive my pocket, doesn't leak, good size tank, and a reasonable cost for coils. Thanks!

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Poor quality Nautilus tanks? Haven't experienced that myself, but ok...
A way to refresh your vaping experience would be to try one of the newer Nautilus mesh coils, if you haven't done so already... maybe the 1.0 mesh coil, rated for 13-15W?

Otherwise, maybe have a look at the Innokin Zenith 2, another great MTL tank. Imho it is not really an improvement over the Nautilus, but it does vape a bit differently, so that might do the trick for you.

For a real improvement in vape quality though, I think you would have to for a good MTL-RTA, since there isn't anything better around stock-coil-wise than these two... imo.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
If in doubt whether you have been sent knock-offs, you could use those "scratch-and-check" verification codes found on the packaging and enter them into the aspire website.

In any case, I would buy from a reputable US vendor with guarantee, ability to return, etc.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I am not interested in Sub-Ohm vaping (been vaping for a long time and don't care for how they hit). Typically my coils are 1.8. Any recommendations? Looking for something similar, is rugged enough to survive my pocket, doesn't leak, good size tank, and a reasonable cost for coils. Thanks!
Yes, I highly recommend any of the MTL Innokin Zenith tank versions [original Zenith that's a 4mL 24mm tank, the Zenith D22 that's a 3ml and 22mm dia., and the newer Zenith II that's a 5.5mL 26mm dia. tank for MTL and RDL vapers]. They've all been very popular, and for good reasons [ie. easy to use, their longevity is great, they're top-fill, coil replacment is a breeze, etc., etc.

The Innokin Zlide is also a very good MTL tank that shares some identical characteristics and features of the Zeniths. It's also a favorite of many on ECF. I just personally prefer the Zeniths. They're my all-time favorite MTL tanks.

The Innokin Z-coils are used in the Zeniths and Zlides, and are amazing. They come in a wide variety of ohms...with the 1.6ohm ones being the most popular. Replacing a Z-coil is super easy, since it's just a push-in place coil and you can do it easily, even with the tank full of eliquid. Many of us get an average of at least 11-15 days use from each coil. Some who vape flavorless eliquids get even far longer from each one. Beware when buying them though, as most vendors want ridiculously high prices for them. One US vendor though...has been consistently selling them for less than 1/2 of what some others sell them for. That vendor also sells only authentic coils.

I may try a different supplier also. I may have been sent some knock off tanks. Really have no desire to change, but will also look into the options you all have sent.
There is 1 US vendor who is pretty well-known for selling clone Nautilus tanks and coils. They state that they're clones now, but that info is buried in paragraphs of info. that most people don't read. So, you may have bought yours from them.

If you still want to use Nautilus tanks though...if you'll send me a private message [start a conversation with me] I'll tell you where/how you can still get authentic ones.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm very happy with the Nautilus 3-22 (there's also a 25mm version that's also quite good), and the Nautilus GT Mini. Both use the original Nauti coils, or the newer mesh versions.

I don't know if that's of any value, but they work great for me.

I can't speak highly enough about this Canadian company. I live in the US and their shipping is fast, efficient, and not terribly expensive.

ASPIRE NAUTILUS 3 22MM TANK *

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
The Zenith II tanks do seem to be a little pricey if bought separately, but; if you buy one of the sets with a mod they basically give you the tank for about $5.00 over the price of just the mod, which, given the current regulatory environment, and the need to have stuff on hand, is okay. The Zlides are pretty cheap, all in all.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
Just got an email from Aspire that they are having a 10% off sale through them. code is "10offavc". I have the 3 22 and the 3s. Ive been happy with both. Just found the 1ohm coil that is my new favorite from them now.
For as long as I recall back, the Aspire OG Nautilus was my go-to. At the time they were easy...spite the leaking. I used them up until recently when they went NLA. I found and tried the clones, and bought a couple. They couldn't compare in quality.

Then I bought a N³ to try. The method in which they filled and how the coil changing went, sold me. So I ordered four more and stocked up on coils. Next thing to happen locally was banning and regulations were/are coming. Hearing of that, I stopped and regrouped. DIY was my new direction. Buying more Mods, making my own juices, coils, all of it, that's now my direction for my needs.

Meanwhile all my N³'s kinda got put on the back burner. They're pretty decent...although they notoriously leak as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Meanwhile all my N³'s kinda got put on the back burner. They're pretty decent...although they notoriously leak as well.

Just gotta make sure it's closed up tightly. Pretty much the same as every top fill I've used so far. A bit o' air will do a lot o' damage. :oops:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yes, I despise leaky tanks. Inevitably, if they are not in the upright position.....the Mod succumbs to fatality.

I lay my 3-22s down all the time. For the most part, they've been great about it.

I've had others though.... (not so much). :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread