Aspire Nautilus wattage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan486DX

Sep 14, 2015
Hi,

I've been using an Aspire Nautilus tank with 1.8ohm coils these past few months, mostly with an Ego Twist Stick battery.

Today I picked up a bigger mod, but it's non adjustable in terms of power.

The only setting is 40w @ 3.6v.

It came with its own cheap/generic sub-ohm tank which I do not intend to use, as I love my Nautilus - but the guy in the shop (who with all respect to him, didn't seem very clued up) said that using a 40w MOD on my 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils would destroy them very quickly and would 'be dangerous'

Can anybody clarify what he meant? I can't find anything about recommended wattage for these coils.

Thanks.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Can you provide more information about the 40W mod please?

A 1.8 ohm coil at 40W in an RDA or an RTA would not be an issue. But because of the design (airflow, wicking etc.) of the Nautilus, at 40W it would probably catch on fire. The Nautilus is designed for use between 10 and 20 Watts max in my experience.

May I suggest that you get all your questions answered here on ECF rather than a shop. The pool of knowledge here is exemplary. Shop staff are often untrained and biased towards sales rather than getting you well informed and happy. We have no ulterior motives here other than a desire to help and inform.

Reactions: Dan486DX

Dan486DX

Sep 14, 2015
Can you provide more information about the 40W mod please?

A 1.8 ohm coil at 40W in an RDA or an RTA would not be an issue. But because of the design (airflow, wicking etc.) of the Nautilus, at 40W it would probably catch on fire. The Nautilus is designed for use between 10 and 20 Watts max in my experience.

May I suggest that you get all your questions answered here on ECF rather than a shop. The pool of knowledge here is exemplary. Shop staff are often untrained and biased towards sales rather than getting you well informed and happy. We have no ulterior motives here other than a desire to help and inform.

Thank you. I do so dearly love this place for it's well meaning impartiality :)

Here it is: Flavour Vapour FV 40 @Flavour Vapour

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Take it back and get something different that's more suited to a Naultilus.

Seriously.

This ^^^^. I can tell you that 40W will ghost your 1.8ohm coils within about one hit. An iStick 30W (which is adjustable) is a perfect match to the Nautilus Mini.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hi,

I've been using an Aspire Nautilus tank with 1.8ohm coils these past few months, mostly with an Ego Twist Stick battery.

Today I picked up a bigger mod, but it's non adjustable in terms of power.

The only setting is 40w @ 3.6v.

It came with its own cheap/generic sub-ohm tank which I do not intend to use, as I love my Nautilus - but the guy in the shop (who with all respect to him, didn't seem very clued up) said that using a 40w MOD on my 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils would destroy them very quickly and would 'be dangerous'

Can anybody clarify what he meant? I can't find anything about recommended wattage for these coils.

Thanks.
A nautilus 1.8 ohm coil is rated 6.0V max, so max power is 20W for the 1.8 ohm coil W=(6.0 x 6.0)/1.8.
I looked at the literature on your mod it says 4.2V in, 4.2V out so it appears to be a direct battery output with protection. The coil spec gives a range of 0.3 to 1.0 ohms so that's not even in the range you need for a 1.8 ohm coil. It might not even fire on your coil and if it did at 4.2 V it would be below 20w. You really need a variable wattage mod. Note that the one you have is NOT fixed at 40W, the wattage it will put out depends on the coil resistance and the 4.2V (fully charged battery) output voltage according the formula voltage x voltage divided by resistance, for coils 0.3 to 1.0 ohms.
I'm confused by your statement "the only setting is 40w at 3.6V" where does that info come from, literature or mod display? Is it adjustable? I don't see that info on the website you linked to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread