n00b from KY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercilessLTD

Jun 21, 2015
KY, USA
Been vaping since Thursday, and haven't had a cig since Friday morning. Using an iPV mini with a 5ml Aspire Atlantis tank.

I originally started with an ecig, ProSmoke, few years ago. Never quit cigarettes while using it. Not bashing the brand, just wasn't for me. About a year ago, a friend introduced me to her eGo, and it actually felt close to smoking. Finally got off my lazy .... and got one Thursday. A new coworker overheard myself and a longtime vaper discussing my new eGo, and he generously donated an entire vaping setup that he wasn't using. Now my wife has the eGo and I'm using the mini+Atlantis setup.

I was recommended to visit this website, and after trolling for a few days seems very friendly and helpful. I also appreciate the Tapatalk support.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Been vaping since Thursday, and haven't had a cig since Friday morning. Using an iPV mini with a 5ml Aspire Atlantis tank.

I originally started with an ecig, ProSmoke, few years ago. Never quit cigarettes while using it. Not bashing the brand, just wasn't for me. About a year ago, a friend introduced me to her eGo, and it actually felt close to smoking. Finally got off my lazy .... and got one Thursday. A new coworker overheard myself and a longtime vaper discussing my new eGo, and he generously donated an entire vaping setup that he wasn't using. Now my wife has the eGo and I'm using the mini+Atlantis setup.

I was recommended to visit this website, and after trolling for a few days seems very friendly and helpful. I also appreciate the Tapatalk support.

Trolling for a few days ?.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Welcome to the forum and to the vaping community at large! Lots of friendly and helpful folks here (and the occasional jerk, but fewer here than any other online forum I've found, so just ignore them when you encounter them)

I quit smoking using an ego-like device (T3D on an Evod VV) just a few months ago. I've moved on to other devices, but those seem to be very good setups for making the transition from smoking to vaping. Some never move past those, but eventually I needed more.

Congrats on quitting smoking! It's an amazing thing, isn't it? :)

Reactions: MercilessLTD

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Welcome to the forum and to the vaping community at large! Lots of friendly and helpful folks here (and the occasional jerk, but fewer here than any other online forum I've found, so just ignore them when you encounter them)

I quit smoking using an ego-like device (T3D on an Evod VV) just a few months ago. I've moved on to other devices, but those seem to be very good setups for making the transition from smoking to vaping. Some never move past those, but eventually I needed more.

Congrats on quitting smoking! It's an amazing thing, isn't it? :)

Hey hey hey hey hey !

Reactions: KattMamma

MercilessLTD

Jun 21, 2015
KY, USA
Thanks guys. It's working well. My only issue is a bit of flooding, but I'm doing my due diligence with research. From what I can tell with the .5 ohm coil, my low wattage (7W) setting, and lower VG fluid, I need to slow down on inhaling. Slower inhaling seems to reduce crackling and flooding.

Oh well. Can't have it perfect on a used setup and three days in. Patience.

Reactions: KattMamma

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I originally started with an ecig, ProSmoke, few years ago. Never quit cigarettes while using it. Not bashing the brand, just wasn't for me.

No, you should bash the brand.
I spent $800 on similar products in 2012 and just kept on smoking.

I am pleased to hear you are working it out now. Good luck.:)

Reactions: MercilessLTD

MercilessLTD

Jun 21, 2015
KY, USA
No, you should bash the brand.
I spent $800 on similar products in 2012 and just kept on smoking.

I am pleased to hear you are working it out now. Good luck.:)

I'm not sure how much I spent but I did it for over a year to no avail. To be honest, I haven't seen anyone use that style successfully, but my experience is limited.

I put in some 60/40 9mg, cleaned my setup, and taking much slower draws. This has reduced my flooding.

Any sites you guys and gals have had direct experience with for upgrades? I'm happy with my setup but it never hurts to look. I've been to a couple of local shops and I figured some searching would bring up threads with reviews of sites, but this is by far the best welcome of any forum, so I want to take advantage of the welcoming committee.

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread