• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Myrtle Beach Meet Planning & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Penny,
That's called the "Taryn Spin" -- it's a quick and easy way to fill or re-fill a cartomizer. The bag I was using is a battery bag that one of my e-cigs came in!

But to tell the truth, I was just trying to get some air -- phewww! It was hot in there (must have been because I was sitting so close to Doc, LOL!!)

BTW, the pictures my DH took are typical, low qual cell-phone pics -- I will try to see if photo-shopping with them helps improve them any before sending them...

Pokey, You were using a bag and swinging something around in it at the meet up. I saw something about this on a video but can't remember. What were u doing - lol!

Quinta

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Summerville,SC
It was exciting to meet everybody!
And our excitement did not end with the meeting - on the way back home we nearly got in the collision, but my DH managed to stop the car and avoid it. - One stupid driver and and his/her passenger are still alive.

It was raining and getting dark, and there were two cars on the right lane - one stopped for the red traffic light and another one behind it. We were going on the left lane, Herman slowed down a little but the light turned green and he kept going.

And that brainless driver of the first car decided to TURN LEFT!!! FROM THE RIGHT LANE!!!!!!
We were in the trap - could not go left because &$%^&# was going left, and could not go right - there was another car.
I wouldn't ever be able to stop the car on the wet pavement on that very short distance, but Herman did the impossible!!!! It gave that @*$%@$# driver time to turn left, Herman missed him by about one foot and a half.

I'm not sure they understand how lucky they are - if I were driving they would be dead period! and we probably would end up in the hospital. And I didn't drive because I've had just one drink (usually I drive).

We went on and didn't look back. Later on, we started thinking: if they are old people - they could have a heart attack after realizing what they did. At least, we didn't kill them and it was too late to go back.
It happened somewhere between MI and GT. I cannot get that picture off my head.

So, for me, the memory of our meeting is covered by the memory of this misshap on the road. And you know what? - we need another meeting ASAP to fix it (lol).

Now I'm going to read the news about FDA.
Back to life.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
ok you guys sound like you all had a great time.
me, I worked and worked all day. but gotta love overtime, especially when the job situation for the Hubs is crappy....
ok so there was a meet in the low country, then the upstate, then the coast, I think it's time for the midlands!!!!!
I would be happy to set things up and find a venue. ill put a feeler out and see when would be good.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
You know I'd be there, Sugis, just so long as it's not at Monkey Joes or Chuck E Cheese -- LOL!

Quinta, I am so sorry to read about the terrible adventure you and your husband had on the way home. That really does cast a shadow on an otherwise good afternoon. I am very glad that you two weren't injured! I am sure the other people involved are probably OK. Karma is funny about things like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread