My taste buds have failed me (but its not NT's fault)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver5656

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
So I still consider myself a new vaper. I started 2 months ago. When I first started I walked into a bm and got my first setup which was a mech mod with a kfl+v1. The shop workers did warn me about it and I was confident it wouldnt be a problem since I have a lot of experience with ohms law, batteries, and what not. I also bought 5 juices I tasted. When I got home I realized that all 5 juices were just ok. This is where my shopping spree began. I soon discovered NT on this forum. In fact, they were my first online juice experience. My first order was for GCD, Betelgeuse, CB, CLS, Gravity, and Doodle. I instantly fell in love with CLS and CB. Up until a month ago, they were my ADV's, and all the other flavors I had were just for fun. A month ago I started a post regarding breathing/steeping and I thought I ruined my juices. So I ordered a fresh batch (mind you I love the CB/CLS fresh). It tasted "off" to me. I tried everything. I tried different setups with different ohms, different watts/volts (it was the main reason why I bought an rDNA), even bought a new kfl, switched wicking material, different rba/rdas. Still nothing. So I got desperate. I tried other similar flavors from other companies (i know, i was desperate). And they all had the same off taste. I even tried vaping unflavored for a couple days, changed my diet, and drank lots of water. And nothing. I have come to the conclusion that since I am still relatively new, that my taste buds have changed to the point where custard/vanilla flavors all taste off, and this truly makes me sad. They were my favorite flavor but they all taste weird. Don't get me wrong, I still love many NT flavors and they are by far the best juice company in service and taste. Oreo, PBC, Strawberry cheesecake, are all super yummy. But I feel like a part of me is missing. I have put my CB/CLS into deep steep hoping that either the steeping or the time apart will change my taste buds again. I can only hope.

I guess I'll get to the point of this post. Has this happened to anybody else? I know people have said before that once off the analogs I will taste more flavor, but nobody said anything about changing flavor profiles. I assumed that CB/CLS would get better! Anybody have any suggestions? and no I will not trade my CB/CLS. They will die with me. Should I get a reo? (I ask this seriously. I have tried drippers before and while the flavor is better, I hate the juice leaking)

I hope this post is ok. I dont want others to be deterred by this. This is something that is purely on me. This is nothing against NT. If needed, I will delete this post. I came here because the NT family is so helpful, and I do need help with this

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
So I still consider myself a new vaper. I started 2 months ago. When I first started I walked into a bm and got my first setup which was a mech mod with a kfl+v1. The shop workers did warn me about it and I was confident it wouldnt be a problem since I have a lot of experience with ohms law, batteries, and what not. I also bought 5 juices I tasted. When I got home I realized that all 5 juices were just ok. This is where my shopping spree began. I soon discovered NT on this forum. In fact, they were my first online juice experience. My first order was for GCD, Betelgeuse, CB, CLS, Gravity, and Doodle. I instantly fell in love with CLS and CB. Up until a month ago, they were my ADV's, and all the other flavors I had were just for fun. A month ago I started a post regarding breathing/steeping and I thought I ruined my juices. So I ordered a fresh batch (mind you I love the CB/CLS fresh). It tasted "off" to me. I tried everything. I tried different setups with different ohms, different watts/volts (it was the main reason why I bought an rDNA), even bought a new kfl, switched wicking material, different rba/rdas. Still nothing. So I got desperate. I tried other similar flavors from other companies (i know, i was desperate). And they all had the same off taste. I even tried vaping unflavored for a couple days, changed my diet, and drank lots of water. And nothing. I have come to the conclusion that since I am still relatively new, that my taste buds have changed to the point where custard/vanilla flavors all taste off, and this truly makes me sad. They were my favorite flavor but they all taste weird. Don't get me wrong, I still love many NT flavors and they are by far the best juice company in service and taste. Oreo, PBC, Strawberry cheesecake, are all super yummy. But I feel like a part of me is missing. I have put my CB/CLS into deep steep hoping that either the steeping or the time apart will change my taste buds again. I can only hope.

I guess I'll get to the point of this post. Has this happened to anybody else? I know people have said before that once off the analogs I will taste more flavor, but nobody said anything about changing flavor profiles. I assumed that CB/CLS would get better! Anybody have any suggestions? and no I will not trade my CB/CLS. They will die with me. Should I get a reo? (I ask this seriously. I have tried drippers before and while the flavor is better, I hate the juice leaking)

I hope this post is ok. I dont want others to be deterred by this. This is something that is purely on me. This is nothing against NT. If needed, I will delete this post. I came here because the NT family is so helpful, and I do need help with this

Great post! And the answer is YES, not only does it happen, but it happens more than once. There are liquids I used to adore when I first started vaping that I *SMH* and wonder what it was about it that I enjoyed so much... and then there are some liquids I couldn't stand when i first are now my favorites. Expect your taste to change, several times!

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I had that happen with Betelgeuse. It was OMG YUMZ a few weeks after quitting but as my taste buds came back it just tasted weird to me. I've tried it since and it's great now but for a long while I remembered what it used to taste like (which I can't now) and it was just ick for a while. Put them away to forget how they used to taste for you and I'd say in six months or so they could be back for you!

cuse4ever

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2014
tennessee
it's not just you, silver. custard/vanilla flavors aren't hitting for me either right now and i've been vaping for about as long as you. i threw some cb in a tank tonight and it tasted so strange to me that i had to throw some gcd in with it... maybe doing something similar will help you? thank goodness i have other NT flavors that have tasted fabulous right off the bat for me and continue to do so. hang in there :)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
When I first started vaping all bakery type flavors tasted awful to me. I tried from several different flavors/vendors but they all had the same chemically undertones I just couldn't stand. Now they are some of my favorites. Set it aside for awhile and try it later, the difference just might amaze you.

And yes, CB and CLS do get better with time. Custard flavors tend to be one of the most changeable with steeping.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Yep! I vaped so much Coolcumber Mint and loved it! Then it was just OK! My taste buds keep sending different signals so I have learned to set a juice in the box and revisit it later! But I have to add that Wakonda just keeps hitting for me. It might be time to Switch! As for the REO, tons of NT users love it!

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
I had and still have some taste issues. You read about everyone getting a keen sense of taste back after quitting but that didn't really happen with me. My sense of taste is muted.

A couple of years ago, I got a severe sinus infection. I lost total sense of taste and smell for about 3 months. It was unnerving and I was pretty concerned for a while. I'm sure all those years of smoking didn't help but I have no one to blame but myself.

Hope it comes back to you Silver.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Wow newport, how much did you use to smoke that you saved 2k in 3 months?

thats.......what......3 PAD+?

4 packs of Marlboro 100 mediums a day. Vaping some dark side/ flip the switch right now. You might want some of that in your order with the virus and Wakonda. If those don't work I am sure there will be a line to get them from you.:)

Btw it is great seeing you here in The Nickoticket nut house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread