Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
I got tired of dripping and refilling all the time and found it an inconvenience when I was out running around so I wanted something that would last me the better part of a day. After searching around a bit on here I come up with the following tanks.
View attachment 42324
Left to Right:
-Map tank from Clouds of Vapor, 3.2ohms, holds 5ml and uses an XL CE2.
-SSR from Good Prophets, 3.0 ohms, holds 4ml and uses a regular CE2.
-Torpedo tank from JonahM, 2.6 ohms, holds 5ml and uses an XL CE2.
-Torpedo Tank Mini from JonahM, 2.6 ohms, holds 2.5ml and uses a regular CE2
The ProVari is in there for size comparison.

Let me know the experiences that you have had with these.

skygod802

May 7, 2011
Denver, CO
Hmm Very interesting Mr. P, I've been battling over which tank to get for a while and as nice as the MAP tanks are, I would like something a little smaller, especially as how COV has done away with the mini MAPs. How are the torpedo tanks treating you, and do you like the smaller one? I also own a Provari so I understand the amassed size!! ha ha. Thanks for the info, I think the torpedo may be the answer for me, glad I saw this post!

zober

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Hmm Very interesting Mr. P, I've been battling over which tank to get for a while and as nice as the MAP tanks are, I would like something a little smaller, especially as how COV has done away with the mini MAPs. How are the torpedo tanks treating you, and do you like the smaller one? I also own a Provari so I understand the amassed size!! ha ha. Thanks for the info, I think the torpedo may be the answer for me, glad I saw this post!

I have brushed mini Torpedo. No leak when turned horizontal, quality wery good and look awesome on top of ProVary

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I like the GP-SSR for the simple fact that the CE2 is so easy to change out. You can also adjust the draw on it too.

Here is a list of Tank Systems!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/where-can-i-get/194304-tank-system-master-list.html

Check the Hybrid Tank MOD link in the above thread for information on the tubing used on the MAP Tank. You can cut a piece of the tubing 29mm's and use it to convert your MAP tank into a mini MAP Tank.

The tubing is $1.73 per foot.

Last edited:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I like the idea of a tank for long road trips and such but I dunno.......... they're just so big.
I guess I have a Chuck, a GLV2 and I use my Buzz all the time so I shouldn't be concerned with looks but......
Hey, where do you get those Torpedos? Got a link?
Nevermind, I just PMed JonahNM.

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I own Map Tanks, Jonboyusmc's Tanks, VPX tanks, Stormy's Tanks and Torpedo Tanks. They all work well for me but the Torpedo Mini Tank is by far the best looking! Jonboy's are very well built, strong tanks but they are a bit too wide for my liking. MAP's and the VPX are identical. I don't find it difficult to cut an E2 carto and replace it and the newer E2's with the thick wick work great.

sierra22

Moved On
Jun 11, 2011
USA

you could just buy a full size MAP tank and cut down the clear tube to make it a Mini MAP

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
You either need to get a small pipe cutter and cut them yourself or you can buy them already cut several places. Here's one place to get them pre-cut. 510 CE2 XL Pre-Cut Replacement Cartomizers
The biggest problem is getting the old one out of the Torpedo Tank. I nearly destroyed mine doing so! Jonah is working on a new bottom plug that will make it easier and has offered to replace existing plugs with the new design when available. Until then, enjoy the one that's already in there. I wash mine out between each refill and let them sit overnight to dry. Then I dry burn them 3 times for about 3-4 seconds bursts. They pretty well last for months doing this. In fact, I've never had one die. The wick eventually wears out!
For what it's worth, I prefer the 3.0-3.2Ω E2's and the revision 5 with the thick wick work much better. The E2 I received in my Torpedo Tank was an R4 with the looped thin wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread