MY Johnson Creek Red Oak Video Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

allaboutthevapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
I know these have been reviewed already, but there aren't any video reviews I could find so....here you go.

First off-- Domestic 18mg

YouTube - Johnson Creek Red Oak Domestic Review

Flavor--7
Vapor--9
Throat Hit--7

Not as bad as some have said. I think it is like the Tenn Cured but with better Vapor and a harsher Throat Hit.

It's not the best tobacco flavor, but it's better than most.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
The problem with JC is that on the normal PG line the base liquid overpowers the individual flavors but, JC is still one of my favorite Juices with Summer peach maybe being my favorite overall vape out of anything I have tried.

I also think some flavors just work well with the base and some don't.

Ten Cured, Expresso and Arctic Menthol being great and Strawberry and Chocolate being not so great.

Overall I'm a JC fan and always keep it around.

That being said I have to say I was extremely dissappointed in the Red Oak line, the lack of sweetness was somethingI thought I would like but I didn't like it at all.

I did not taste any similarity in anything in the PG lineup with anything in the Red Oak lineup to me they were very different.

I have to say that while it does not affect me that I feel sorry for people that like the original juices but got them in the reduced PG formula and that for JC to completely remover the reduced PG version in the original flavors was a huge mistake.

Btw, I see they now sell T-shirts on the site and my suggestion if they really want to move some shirts is to add one that says "I SURVIVED RED OAK ISLAND!!!" I know I would buy one.

Oh, yeah one huge bonus if you are on the fence about ordering either lineup is that they are returnable if you are not satisfied so huge thumbs up for that.

Last edited:
I received my sampler last week and have been vaping Mercado every couple of days. As a huge coconut fan, I've had high hopes for Island, but the more I hear about it the more frightened I've become.

That's it. I'm filling a cart now and finding out what the big deal is. If I throw up, I'm blaming it on ECF. :p

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
Hey nevermind the fix, it loaded up in my quote for some reason. Btw it will come out of the atty you just need to do a full on coke bath, hot water cleaning.

My guess is we will shortly see a revamp of the Red Oak line I'm a huge JC fan and didn't really enjoy any of them (domestic and menthol were ok) and I would bet my bottom dollar that the reduced PG versions will eventually return to the site on the regular line-up.

Thanks for taking one for the team.

Last edited:

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Marcado tastes like spice cake to me. Not bad with coffee after dinner once in a while for something different. I agree, little too much for everyday. By the way, hot water, 15 minutes in vodka, swish occasionally, followed by hot water rinse got rid of the island for me. I have to try the coke bath, how do you do that one? Love the video reviews.

Last edited:

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
I know these have been reviewed already, but there aren't any video reviews I could find so....here you go.

First off-- Domestic 18mg

YouTube - Johnson Creek Red Oak Domestic Review

Flavor--7
Vapor--9
Throat Hit--7

Not as bad as some have said. I think it is like the Tenn Cured but with better Vapor and a harsher Throat Hit.

It's not the best tobacco flavor, but it's better than most.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

allaboutthevapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Anybody vape these @ 5v?

I used to love JC Black Cherry and Tenn Cured on my 901. These seemed to compliment the "base flavor". However when I put them in cartos for my 5v, they tasted a bit like burnt rubber. Any different with Red Oak?

all of these videos are done with a 5volt passthrough.

I haven't tried them with a 3.7 yet. I'll try the domestic at 3.7 and see how it is. I'm just waiting on new attys first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread