Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Not sure where I should have post this .. mods, you may move if in the wrong area, thanks
======================

I received two malfunctioning PV's in the mail today, donated so that I can learn the techniques of Personal Vaporizer Repair.

The first one was a 3-piece Torpedo 18650 / 510 PV .. with switching unit dead, donated by butterbean03 (the owner of BreezeSmokes) on ECF. I found a badly-soldered positive lead and, after testing the circuit to make sure that nothing else was wrong with it, I resoldered the + lead inside the switching unit, tossed in an 18650 battery and Bingo!!

Success!!!

My second non-working unit is a 18350 Indugence, a great little engraved 3-piece mod, donated by tearose50 from ECF. Like the Torpedo, it too had switch unit problems. Tested circuitry for proper functions, checked for shorts, did some major adjustment on the battery and atty connectors and VIOLA, just like the first one, it too came to life.

I know I just got lucky with these first two, but I can see that this may actually work into a cottage industry if I get enough experience! Not yet, but maybe some day :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread