Status
Not open for further replies.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
OK, I didn't even consciously try for this, but I had a "No nic" day yesterday. I've been off of analogs for just about a month now, and every morning I've been waiting longer & longer before I start vaping. I vape either 36 or 36 cut with 24, pretty strong.

Well, Yesterday I wasn't feeling real well, so I just kind of put off vaping. I just ended up going the entire day. Oddly enough, other than a headache, I had no real ill affects or feelings.

Is this normal?

elfin24

Mar 1, 2009
I have actually noticed the same sort of thing. I used to smoke about once every hour, when i got the ecig i bought enough cartiriges to last me a month, or so i thought, well we kinda ran out very quickly, tried a normal smoke, couldnt handle it for some reason it tasted absolutely aweful, so i just kept the packet just in case, borrowing one or two cartiges from a freind i eventually completely ran out, lasted about 3 days without any form of nicotine until the liquid arrived, wasnt dying for a smoke or anything, but when it arrived i quickly moved back into my normal routine. This happened to one of my chain smoking buddies, he is usually seen with a smoke in his mouth and he did the same thing we did, he was able to survive the 2 days until his liquid arrived just by puffing on the empty cartrige.

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
I think once you're off all the other crap and its just the nicotine, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to quit....

Sadly I'm not there yet - I still feel I'm MISSING something when I vape, so I'm still sneakin out for an analog now and then.

I think it takes time. 36mg is far too strong for me suddenly - even occasionally. It just rattles my cage inside and out.

I think you are right. It takes a long time to get the other stuff filtered out of your system so then you are just down to nicotine.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
I think once you're off all the other crap and its just the nicotine, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to quit....

Sadly I'm not there yet - I still feel I'm MISSING something when I vape, so I'm still sneakin out for an analog now and then.

It took me about three weeks. Even the smell of a burning Parli had me all up in arms. I had a really interesting conversation with a customer who used to work as a cigarette researcher and he told me what I was missing was my Parliament additive that kept me coming back ie: Brand Loyalty additive.

Once the analogs were out, I went up in nicotine and have since gone down to low and alternate it with no. Once all of the addictions to the additives are over, it does get easier and you do get to a point where you are in control of your nicotine addiction. Hang in there... It's worth it!

On a side note: I think the ecig will raise some interesting new tests on nicotine and how addictive is it for real? Ecig users are noticing that the addiction to cigarettes goes way deeper than the nicotine itself, so it will be interesting to see tests on what smoking straight nicotine vs crapfilled cigarettes w/nicotine produce. Maybe it will be found nicotine is truly no worse than caffeine. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
On a side note: I think the ecig will raise some interesting new tests on nicotine and how addictive is it for real? Ecig users are noticing that the addiction to cigarettes goes way deeper than the nicotine itself, so it will be interesting to see tests on what smoking straight nicotine vs crapfilled cigarettes w/nicotine produce. Maybe it will be found nicotine is truly no worse than caffeine. Fingers crossed!

Wouldn't that be something?
No matter how many I smoked the night before, lighting up was the first thing I did the next day. I don't find the need so much with vaping.

Now that I think about it, I did have an unsatisfactory phase when I switched brands some years ago (from Marlboro to Camel), at first it was like the Camels weren't quite complete, then I got used to them and when I'd smoke Marboros because I couldn't get Camels, they seemed incomplete. Is it possible that companies could fine-tune their additives so well that users become brand addicted (and I don't mean in the marketing sense)?

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Is it possible that companies could fine-tune their additives so well that users become brand addicted (and I don't mean in the marketing sense)?

My eye opening experience when switching to ecigs from tobacco was that conversation with my customer. The BLA (brand loyalty additive) is a concoction of god only knows created by each and every cigarette manufacturer so that other cigarettes don't do for you what theirs do once you are addicted to their brand.

Wow. After that conversation, I grabbed my britches and dealt with the addiction release and after three weeks of almost licking the smoke from my hubbys cigs out of the air, I was suddenly fine. I don't even think about them anymore and funny, I had a drag at the bar the other night off of one and it was raunchy. I never thought I would say that about Parli's. 15 years they were a staple in my diet and I loved everything about them. Not anymore.

Last edited:

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
[...] and after three weeks of almost licking the smoke from my hubbys cigs out of the air, I was suddenly fine.

Lol, what a funny picture that paints (and so understandable too!)

But you're right, I'd quite like an analog (sort of but not really) but I don't need one in the way I used to just a couple of months ago. When just starting on e-cigs I did used to feel that something was missing and I'd quite happily vape full on then reach for a cigarette (that wasn't there). That part has faded away to nothing now.

I still need the nicotine, for sure, but that need is not as intense as the old analog need IMHO.

If true, in a way it's quite impressive that the chemists at BT were able to concoct such recipies.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
If true, in a way it's quite impressive that the chemists at BT were able to concoct such recipies.

This also brings up another interesting thought: The ease we find moving from flavor to flavor with the ecig. Personally, I can smoke any of them. I try to stay on whatever I am selling because I don't want to sell what I don't smoke, but every so often I will order something totally different from somewhere else and enjoy that for a couple of cigs worth and then back to this and back to that and over to this. From what I can tell on patterns of members, there are many who have a favorite yummy flavor, but all in all, they smoke a bit of this and a bit of that. There doesn't appear to be brand loyalty when it comes to flavor. Hardware definitely. Once you find a piece you love, that is usually that.

Op... I think we may have stolen the thread! Sorry Figurehead!

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
Thought I'd hop in here again - Today was my first day without an analog - it seems really strange to me, but I'm not having any difficulty at all. I've been vaping for over a month, but was still nipping out for an analog every now and then. I went from smoking a pack a day to around 5 or so... and today none. Don't know if I'll continue, I find it hard when I take the dog out to not have an analog, but today I took my e-cig instead and it was fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread