My Credit card was compromised

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawalke4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Florida, USA
I ordered from three sites in the past week. I am not accusing any of them of stealing, however for the safety of the members on here I thought I would just state the facts. mount baker Vapor, Discount Vapers, Cignot, and varitube. Two days ago someone charges $425 to my credit card. From now on, I am using a prepaid card for all online purchases.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
At least you listed the Vendors you've used. Most people will post they've had this happen, but then it's like Pulling teeth trying to get them to tell which Vendor they used.

yes, yes, we all know it's not the vendor, but more than likely their CC Processor company..but still...happens enough with 1-2 Vendors, then I say it is their fault!

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
I ordered from three sites in the past week. I am not accusing any of them of stealing, however for the safety of the members on here I thought I would just state the facts. Mount Baker Vapor, Discount Vapers, Cignot, and varitube. Two days ago someone charges $425 to my credit card. From now on, I am using a prepaid card for all online purchases.

After the 4th time from buying from the same vendor, won't name who, and my card followed with fraud, I talked to the bank and they have a way to generate one time use card information. I will be using it from now on as the fraud activity is getting really old.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
I just now received $1100 in charges on my cc. Luckily Chase sent me a text and email alert on one of the charges and I had the card canceled.
The only places I've shopped recently with that card were eBay and Gotvapes.

These thieves trying to steal hardworking peoples money are complete and utter trash but these credit card processors need to step their game up and make it harder for them to steal the numbers in the first place.

Last edited:

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I've used Cignot a lot without any problem (just checked). But reality is any security company can get hacked at any time and it's just the luck of the draw on whether your number is floating around before they catch the breach.
Malware on your computer is another good point for something to look into.

It isn't malware, unless it specifically got installed via a Java exploit , or other exploit from something e-cig related.

I say this because every week there are MANY fraud threads that pop up.....and it is quite obvious to anyone who posts here that that the e-cig community is being TARGETED.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
After the 4th time from buying from the same vendor, won't name who, and my card followed with fraud, I talked to the bank and they have a way to generate one time use card information. I will be using it from now on as the fraud activity is getting really old.

I respect your choice to not name the vendor....however posts saying "I ordered from a vendor and had CC fraud happen, but I won't say who!" doesn't really help any one :/

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
It isn't malware, unless it specifically got installed via a Java exploit , or other exploit from something e-cig related.

I say this because every week there are MANY fraud threads that pop up.....and it is quite obvious to anyone who posts here that that the e-cig community is being TARGETED.

I completely agree with the thought and I figure we both know the group who would be doing the targeting.

But that still doesn't rule out the possibility of having random malware that's set up to find account numbers or log key strokes just because it happened to be used on a vape site.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
I know everyone is trying to blame other things but I hate to say it but this really seems to be an e cig community specific thing. I'm involved in a lot of communities and hobbies etc. and I haven't seen so many fraud issues anywhere else ever.

It IS an issue within the vaping community. There is NO doubt about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread