My advice to the noobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizil

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Norcross, Ga
www.ivape.net
Buying a big battery mod seemed daunting when I was reading everything. I decided to go with the 510 because it's small and super cheap. I didn't want to blow much more than about $50 on something I may or may not like.

I like it, so it would have been better if I went with other options. But I'll have a device that I can share with friends and build my own personal community to vape with. I'm already working on getting a bigger battery setup soon. What will happen to the 510? The lil' bro is getting it [no he's not 11 :p he's 24.]. He always gets the pass-me-downs :p

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
My question is, should you have to pay your due's?

Analogy: When I was a boy our father refused to buy my brother or myself a car. His reasoning behind it was that we wouldn't appreciate it if we didn't by it ourselves.

E-cig I started with the DSE-901 pro. Added batteries modded my carts made a mess wasted money on juice ect. FF to today: Now I have a buzz, carto's with drip tips, my fav juices and sample sizes of untried flavors. I really really am happy with where I am at. Would I be this happy if I hadnt ridden the curve?

I dont anticipate getting to a place with vaping and standing still. I have the E2's inroute and am already eyeballing a new mod. Its also not costing me a arm and a leg. I buy a mod and sell a mod. My cost to me for the buzz was about 30 bucks after the sale of my old one. I am getting a kick out of the ride.

IMHO the best advice for a noob is just simply to quit procrastinating and pull the trigger. Most people don't start and end in the same place anyway.

One last peice of noob advice, Dont write off a juice with your first taste. Most of mine have gotten better with age, much better.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
IMHO the best advice for a noob is just simply to quit procrastinating and pull the trigger. Most people don't start and end in the same place anyway.
Agreed, and really the best advice you can give.

You can research until you are blue in the face and chances are you're still going to make a choice that doesn't suit you for the long haul. And even if you are perfectly satisfied with what you have, chances are you'll eventually stop being satisfied with being satisfied, and jump on board the journey to find the perfect vaping experience.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm satisfied with where I'm at.
Have been for awhile now.

But I'm still keeping an eye on the variable voltage developments.
:D

And I'd really like to find a drip tip with a wider mouth.
:)

And if they ever make cartomizers that have no filler material...

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
For me the discovery of different devices with different levels of performance is most of the fun in vaping. I mean, If I hadn't started small I wouldn't know how much better one thing is than another. If you asked me a couple months ago what the best possible vape was I would have said "6 volts with a HV 901 atty" which was my fave then. Right now the best hit I've had was off a 5 volt GLV 2 with a kr808 carto. Maybe next month I'll find something else. I hope so. I'm having a blast!

acorn54

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
new york
well i like to keep it simple so i went with kr808. for me and my family members not technically inclined it seems the best route.
i am not really looking to make this a life-long thing anyway, as i think the best thing to do is to ween off nicotine before the government steps in and bans it or taxes the heck out of it like they do real cigarettes.

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
Guess I'm an odd one out on this. I do think your advice is spot on. Do to advise I got on this board I skipped the super minis and started with a 510. It was ok and partially did the job. Got some bigger mods and made a couple of box mods myself. Still wasn't doing it for me so went on a got the Volcano that I was originally looking at. I have to admit that the 510 cut my smoking in half immediately and almost painlessly. What took me down to almost not smoking was realizing that I need multiple devices, each more tuned to specific situations.

Now I carry a 801, a Volcano, and a nicostick. I don't know how you'd tell a noob that this may be what you need to do in the long run but at least it's easier to peddle a bigger battery or a mod than it is to give away some of the minis. At this point I've given away or sold my Egos, a 5volt box mod that I made, and a boat load of carts.

I think the best advice is what bssage said, pick something and go with it. I'd add research the hell out of getting the best of of that device too. Because if you can make one device really work well, you'll know how these things work well enough that you can probably get at least passable results with any device.

Brucey

Jul 30, 2010
Massachusetts
What ChuckB said is pretty spot on. I've been using my 510 non-stop since i got it and truth be told i am happy at where i'm at for the moment. But, i'm also looking into other devices that i would want to try later on. Mostly the Ego/RiVa at the moment. Still, to the noobs out there that are looking for a reliable and awesome vaping experience you DO NOT have to start at the bottom of the totem pole. If you see something that you might like, GO FOR IT. Whether it be a KR808, a 510, or a freakin Chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread