MUST I received political rants from vendors thru my email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I was very displeased to received what amounted to a political rant in my email from a vendor today.

If you are having shipping problems, then just say that. I gave out my email address when I ordered from you. If I have an order that is directly affected, please feel free to contact me.

What I am NOT interested in, is your opinion on how much USPS sucks, or any other political or social opininons you may have.

Because that is NOT what I gave permission to you to use my email address for.

:evil:

My opinion, (but I won't gunk up your personal email address to tell you): Fed Ex and other shippers charge more do what USPS does because it's not easy and it's not cheap.........if you want to use them, go ahead, and yes, it will cost more.

FWIW, I have had zero problems with USPS, in my personal or business life lately.... despite being amidst tornadoes and floods.

But that's not really the point of my post. If every single company (vaping related and not) that I deal with sent me stuff about every business decision they were making, why and how they felt about it, my ISP would probably close down my email account, it would be that overflowing.

I don't do that stuff to MY customers.........please don't do it to me. Thank you

sorry for the typo in topic heading

Last edited:

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
LOL...I know just what you are talking about...got that same email myself. It is strange though...just how slow it takes things to get delivered from them. They are just two states away from me..and it can take nearly 6 days, AFTER they ship it, to get to me..but I can order from another Vendor, that is all the way across the USA from me, and get it in 3 days. Who knows!

I was kind of taken back though by that email. Not too often you get an email like that from a Company.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
I hate USPS because it takes 3 weeks for me to get my vaping supplies, but if I were to order electronics from the same US state, I'd have the package in under a week. Go figure.

Really? For me, USPS is the fastest, most reliable out of the big three (USPS, UPS & Fed Ex).

When given the choice I always choose USPS Priority Mail (I always receive Priority shipments within 3 days from order) or Express Mail (takes about 4 days from order).

Also, I think USPS takes better care of my packages. I have NEVER received a damaged product when shipped with USPS but just last month I received a radiator for my 01 f4i stunt bike thru UPS and it was quite obviously dropped from the truck (one entire corner was smashed in like it fell and landed on that corner) and the radiator was bent and cracked.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I hate USPS because it takes 3 weeks for me to get my vaping supplies, but if I were to order electronics from the same US state, I'd have the package in under a week. Go figure.

Canada Post is one of the worst mail carriers on the Planet .. I see you are in Ontario .. USPS gets it to the border only ..

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Canada Post is one of the worst mail carriers on the Planet .. I see you are in Ontario .. USPS gets it to the border only ..

Ah, I didn't think to check his location.

@ch2468, of course United States Postal Service (USPS) isn't going to ship quickly to Canada - it has to go thru customs then be picked up by a different shipper.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It is strange though...just how slow it takes things to get delivered from them.

It sounds like a LOCAL problem then, some locations have many big sectional centers where they sort mail, and going to a huge sectional center and then having stuff go out (like spokes on a wheel) to several smaller centers before they leave a region can really slow things down. There are several places like this and mail to and from these places is always going to take longer.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Huh. I appreciated the heads up from the company and the info of what they are doing to remedy the situation.

I don't blame the vendor for being concerned, and I can appreciate them wanting to notify their customers of a perceived problem.

Again, just say "we are meeting with USPS Liaisons to solve some of the slow shipping problems". That would be professional.

But a rant against the USPS system is not. And not even something a customer needs to hear about, IMHO. That email may go out to somebody who feeds their family working for USPS, etc. It would be like me finding out the political slant of a vendor, then sending THEM political opinions that I have about how they do business, name their juices, etc. They are busy running a business and I don't bother them w/that stuff. All I'm asking is that I not be either. Just give me the PERTINENT information I need to know, and keep the personal stuff to yourself.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
If there is an opt-out link with the e-mail then use it. You shouldn't get any more promotional emails from them. If that doesn't work, put the sender's address into the spam filter for your email program. Hopefully, that will not block business receipts from them.

Best practice: never check a box that gives permission for sending promotional e-mails when you make an order online.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Really? For me, USPS is the fastest, most reliable out of the big three (USPS, UPS & Fed Ex).

A lot of that depends on the people who work at the places handling your packages. For me FedEx is the worst, they work to rule and nothing more. UPS will often get me cheaper shipping with next day service. USPS will get it to me cheaply, some time, especially my local USPS drivers are mostly work to rule and USPS has very lax rules.
None of mine are bad for damage, although FedEx is the worst there, but understandable when I order a 55lb sack of grain I expect the box to get beat up.

I've heard of others who have all combinations of the above. It could be a hub you're on but they're not, a local distribution center or even the local drivers.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
USPS has very lax rules.
Sorry myk, you are 100% incorrect.

Tell that to my friend who has been employed full time by USPS for 25+ years as a carrier.

She accidentally left ONE PIECE of first class mail in one of those brown locked drop boxes out on the sidewalk. It must have stuck to the bottom. She got suspended and put on special duty, etc. this is in Louisiana. First class mail, taken very seriously.

My other postmaster relief here at local PO neglected to place a Priority Mail piece in the vestibule for the truck who carries it to next center (postmaster relief works part time and has to leave everything for the pickup later in the afternoon). He had to drive 2 hours to Little Rock that night, to hand deliver the package to where it would have ended up had he made it properly available to the truck.

People who have never worked inside the USPS have no idea what goes on inside the USPS. They are very strict. Very.

BTW, the gal who delivers the rural route here, driivng terrible county roads that are dirt roads, was out during the tornadic weather and flooding and monsoons last week. She drives in 108 degree weather (no point of A/C, you have to have your window open all the time to drop mail) and of course she is out on the icy weather in winter as well. Most people don't know what it is to really work hard........she does.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I just got this in my inbox..

Cliff.jpg

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
i dont know

its not like they were giving you say their take on abortion or gun rights

shipping affects their orders and and the service level to you the customer...im assuming yer referring to RTS's tirade and I did think it was a bit much...especially to their domestic customers who don't really care

you could just hit delete though

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Sorry myk, you are 100% incorrect.

Tell that to my friend who has been employed full time by USPS for 25+ years as a carrier.

She accidentally left ONE PIECE of first class mail in one of those brown locked drop boxes out on the sidewalk. It must have stuck to the bottom. She got suspended and put on special duty, etc. this is in Louisiana. First class mail, taken very seriously.

My other postmaster relief here at local PO neglected to place a Priority Mail piece in the vestibule for the truck who carries it to next center (postmaster relief works part time and has to leave everything for the pickup later in the afternoon). He had to drive 2 hours to Little Rock that night, to hand deliver the package to where it would have ended up had he made it properly available to the truck.

People who have never worked inside the USPS have no idea what goes on inside the USPS. They are very strict. Very.

BTW, the gal who delivers the rural route here, driivng terrible county roads that are dirt roads, was out during the tornadic weather and flooding and monsoons last week. She drives in 108 degree weather (no point of A/C, you have to have your window open all the time to drop mail) and of course she is out on the icy weather in winter as well. Most people don't know what it is to really work hard........she does.

Tell that to my friend who is also a carrier and complains about the people who get away with work to rule making his job harder because he has some pride in his work even if it means picking up the slack of others.
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." no longer applies.
Which is why I had 2 packages out for delivery but only one was delivered that day because delivering them both would've required the work to rule carrier to get out of their Jeep and walk them to my door in the snow.
I've had stuff that requires a signature get left without getting one.
I had baby tarantulas sent priority that died because instead of following their "usual" 3-4 day delivery they let it sit in the local over the weekend for a 7 day delivery and wouldn't let me get it because they hadn't attempted to deliver it. The only actual guaranteed delivery time they work on is very expensive.

My usual carrier is a work to rule guy. One of his subs is great and goes the extra mile. One of his subs is completely incompetent, you know it's her on the job when you see a mail truck driving back and forth all day.

It sounds like someone high up at your local takes pride in their work. That doesn't mean it is that way everywhere. Some times it's bad workers, sometimes it's bad management, Don't blame postal clerks for problems with service - Letters - Citizens' Voice
Just because you have good ones doesn't mean everyone does, just like applies with FedEx and UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread