More Changes! NOW 25% Flavoring Base - Screw Steeping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
We have been working EXTREMELY hard on remaking all of our formulas with you in mind. I am proud to say that starting with all orders placed today, and for now on will have twice as much flavor and twice the wow factor.

We heard your comments and feedback about some of our flavors being weak or mute on first vape. This is not what we had ever planed and should not be the way e-liquid is made. As a customer of mine said this week. "Screw steeping!". While we laughed about it we wanted to make sure that the flavor you get from us is ready to go on arrival.

Most companies use 15% flavoring, and will require a steep time. If you want extra flavoring they charge you for by the percentage (or "shot"). Not here. Our flavors will now contain 25% Flavoring base!!!

This is a huge number and while we were concerned about to much flavoring, in the end it created a product that someone could vape right out of the mail box.

Killer juice will always be working to make new and fun things possible! We hope you enjoy!

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
What if we prefer the weak version ? Can we request less ? That sounds silly but honestly some strong ones I am thinking might be a bit much and I'm big on strong flavors .

Some of the stronger ones are already at 23% (combo ones), the biggest increase will be seen in flavors like Cheesecake (15.5%), Cherry (17%), Blueberry (17%), and Apple (15%). Those will now be at 25%.

Shamrock for example was already at 23%, so a 2% increase should not change it to much. Our goal is to put everything in line with everything else.

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
Question for you guys who've gotten the new flavor version of the juice, I got some the other day and it seems like the throat hit is significantly higher than the previous versions. I'm not sure if somehow I got a weird batch or the nic level is off, or if its the extra flavoring. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this with the new juice or not?

Luke

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
I haven't had any with the new flavor ratios, but Walt did say increasing flavor increases throat hit.

That's why I'm wondering, since alcohol tends to strengthen throat hit, and I'm not sure if the flavors are alcohol based but this is a pretty significant change in throat hit for me. Last batch before the change was 12mg, and was fine about the same as 12mg everywhere that I've tried, this new stuff feels like it hits like 18-24mg rather than 12mg. Throat hit is around the same as 24mg and honestly the nic feels high, I've been vaping 12-18mg lately and it hasn't been bothering me, the 12mg has been nice and light not to much throat hit. But this stuff is pretty dang harsh feeling and seems to be almost like it's higher nic level than listed, or at least that's how it feels. I'm not complaining mind you, just curious if it's the extra flavor or maybe I got a batch with the wrong nic listed since it's pretty dang harsh, tastes good but a little too harsh for me;)

Luke

demlevis

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2014
Omaha, NE
Walt will have to give the definitive answer. I think he'd disclose if any of the flavor bases had alcohol. He's big on all-natural, no added anything, so unless it occurs naturally as part of the extraction process I doubt there's alcohol. From the"old" site: "With no added sugars, alcohol, or dyes you can trust that the flavor you are getting is pure, natural flavoring without all the harsh chemicals."

Walt will see this and respond, or you can PM him with your order number... or both.

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
I did pm this morning but I figured he was busy with the site change over and figured I'd post here since it was about the changes.

I'm not familiar with how his flavors are made I knew they were natural but I've got nothing beyond that since I'm new to killer juice ;) liking it though just really hoping these are just some sort of error since the flavors are good just very harsh which is different than anything else I've gotten.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

lirruping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Vieques
I thought it was just me ... I have a ton of KJ that has no flavour or has too much pepper taste for me to vape.

I am in a similar situation with most of my killer juices. I thought it was a steep time issue, but it seems maybe it was not. I didn't realize until I read a post in this thread that extra-flavor was even an option, or I certainly would've ordered it on my second and subsequent orders.

Having said that, Walt's announcement is IMO EXCELLENT news... I love the clouds I've been getting with KJ and I very much like the *hint* of flavor I've been getting--just been wishing it was more.

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
The extra flavoring boost we gave all our flavors was countered by lower the PG level in our base mix. This being said, if you order max VG, you will not get 25% flavoring (only 20%). Also adding a flavor shot will toss off the PG by 5% (so if you have house mix and add a shot of flavor, the ratio would change to 45pg/55vg)

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
Well I just got off the horn with Walt and I think we figured out what happened, and it's my fault;) When I ordered it was right when this flavor change was starting and I mentioned on the order I wanted the new higher flavor percentage rather than the same as I got the last time. Well reading that we're guessing they went ahead and added extra flavoring since I mentioned it and went too high.

On that though Walt was gracious enough to replace the juice(even though it was my fault) and I'm very happy with the customer service at Killer Juice so now I just gotta order more from the next sale until I hone in on flavors I really like;)

Take care!

Luke

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
Just an update and note got the new juice today to replace my order and much much better. Throat hit is maybe a touch strong but less than half what it was. Now it's enough I can say it could be the nic base or something slightly different than I'm used to and not a problem at all. Flavor is good really liking the peach shake that is excellent I think as a whole Walts flavor lends itself to shakes I'm going to be trying them in other sales along with trying everything else too;)

So thanks again Walt for taking care of me.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread