Our first DIY's (Brand new to DIY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macerate

Jul 1, 2013
Texas
So yesterday my buddy and I finally delved into DIY. We have been wanting to for a while. Got all our stuff in to make the liquids so we got some glass bottles from previous juices we had, cleaned them and set to work.

We got around 28 different flavors (mostly TFA with a couple Lorann) and our nicotine from WL.

A little of our backgrounds, we are both really good cooks. Have backgrounds in cooking, so flavors are something we have a very good grasp of.

I also do a lot of research before I start something. So after months of researching we finally were ready.

We made 3 juices to start with.

Our first was a key lime cheesecake. We used cheesecake, key lime, and graham cracker dark flavorings with a small percentage of EM. We prefer thicker vg juices so we are using an odd percentage mostly vg that we wanted to try. This juice was fantastic even after we tried it without steeping. It needed a little more graham cracker we thought so we added a drop before we started to use the rice steeping method. After steeping the equivalent of a week using that method, we tried it again. The results were phenomenal. It tasted just like eating a big slice of key lime cheesecake with the graham cracker crust and everything.

Second juice we made was a kiwi. Same pg/vg percentage. We used the kiwi double flavor from tfa and a small amount of EM. Once again fantastic flavor before and after the rice steeping method.

Third juice was an ry4 blend. We used the ry4 type 1, bavarian creme and a little caramel original from tfa. This one we could tell it definitely needed to steep upon trying it. Even after the rice method it still needs to steep but we could tell it was moving along the right direction as the color was changing the longer we steeped it. Flavor got a little better but as I understand it ry4 and the bavarian creme needs to steep a while. This juice we are going to wait a while before we adjust but we thought it might need a little flavor adjustment. We like more flavorful juice.

All in all we are completely ecstatic with our results so far. Especially the key lime cheesecake. We feel like we should have been doing this a while and are really happy we started now instead of never dabbling into diy.

Tomorrow we are going to mix some new flavors and see what the day brings.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Sounds like the Keylime recipie off the TFA recipies forum. If so, that is a very great Vape. It tends to need little or no steeping.

Might I suggest the Red VS Blue from the same Recipies thread.

If your Rootbeer fans, the recipie from the same thread is a good one because thats one juice that seems to elude most juice venders. *(as in they tend to do a poor job of it)

Im glad you two have found success. There are many that do not and dont know why.

Welcome to DIY !!

Macerate

Jul 1, 2013
Texas
Thank you guys so much. Really appreciate the recipes thread as well.

Danny we made sure to read everyone of your blogs and hoosier's before we started amongst other things. I'd rather use other people's experiences to better our own than starting blind.

My buddy's wife is a tattoo artist and is a huge critic when it comes to flavors. She tried the ones we came up with and absolutely loved the key lime and kiwi. She let some of the other people at her shop try them and they loved them as well.

It's a really nice feeling to have others enjoy your liquids as it is with cooking and food.

Again thank you guys.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thank you guys so much. Really appreciate the recipes thread as well.

Danny we made sure to read everyone of your blogs and hoosier's before we started amongst other things. I'd rather use other people's experiences to better our own than starting blind.

My buddy's wife is a tattoo artist and is a huge critic when it comes to flavors. She tried the ones we came up with and absolutely loved the key lime and kiwi. She let some of the other people at her shop try them and they loved them as well.

It's a really nice feeling to have others enjoy your liquids as it is with cooking and food.

Again thank you guys.

Glad the blogs helped

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Macerate, I would recommend the Double RY4 from TFA, if you do a search you will see it's very popular here, with a few large threads on it. I think the regular RY4 has a more floral taste. I made a very nice juice with the DRY4 8% Carmel original 3% and Bavarian Cream 3%. Also just straight DRY4 at 8-10% with a drop or 2 of AP per 5ml added for nuttiness is very good and easy to do (All flavors are TFA). Good luck with your DIY!
Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread