"wanted it to lead into more things"

2RYsZQ2.png

Last edited:

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
    Western NC
    Ok,
    This crap gets old.
    2.1 million Youths vape. ...What does that mean? How many of those 2.1 mill use Nicotine in their vape Product. The Youth Pop, generally gravitate to a 0% Nic Disposable at (maybe...studies seem to say about...) 80% of that 2.1 number, so what number can be put to those using a Nic Product out of that 2.1 mill number? Doing the math that comes to 420,000 at 20% using nic. ...and...1.68 mill are using 0 Nic.
    NEXT... what level of Nic?. Disposables are generally sold at 3% or a max of 6% and are less capable of vaporizing fluids over what Us older Vapers are using w/ Hi powered batteries and canisters.
    3 to 6% is sooo low it is nearly impossible to become addicted.. It takes Many Many Years at that level with a major amount of vapor being produced to even have a chance of addiction.
    There are 2 forms of addiction. 1 is mental. 1 is physical. I'm suggesting '''all''' in this report are no more that Mentally Addicted.

A Gateway? If yer predisposed to be addicted, it will happen with or without a water vapor... Gee, I'm sitting with a steaming ''cup-o-joe'' right now that is probably more addicting than what is being presented here. (caffeine).
    Is this a "Gateway"?
    (SHEESH!)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    3 to 6% is sooo low it is nearly impossible to become addicted
    Actually, the disposables with 3% or 5% nicotine....means the eliquid in them is 30mg/mL and 50mg/mL nic! That's way higher than most of us who were smokers for many decades use. The percent is not the same as the mg/mL!

When I've talked to teens about vaping, ie. why they vape, what they vape, etc.....most have said they vape for "the buzz" they get from the nicotine. When I've told them how high the nic content really is in most of the disposables...they had no clue what 3% nor 5% really meant...and they didn't care that it was very high or not. :rolleyes:

I'm not in any way saying I agree with anything in that video though. The whole thing was ridiculous, IMO! Just wanted to clarify the difference in % of nicotine compared to mg/mL nicotine.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I agree. Not only is 3-6% nic salt really high, it can indeed create an addiction in almost no time at all.

There is no shortage of dispo users on Reddit ECR and Vaping that seek help with a refillable system to ween themselves down to a more reasonable nic level.

Not only that but it's almost always the case that someone complaining about health issues, like trouble breathing, are dispos users. I attribute that to possibly the high rate of flavor and god knows what else in those dispos, Though i have no proof of it.

Dispo users also report being hard to switch to a refillable vape because the flavor in a dispo is hard to replicate in a refillable.

Dispos are all-around bad news.

But do they lead to other things? Unlikely, unless one wants it to. Like the girl admitted in the video.

EDIT: I mean, I smoked reds and non-filters for over 20 years at 2-3PAD and I couldn't handle 2.4% freebase on an EVOD/Ego battery.

Last edited:

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
    Western NC
    I think I mis-spoke.
    It's not 3-6% ..it's an option of 3 to 6mg in strength. The last bottle of fluids I purchased, the highest allowed to be sold to me was 6mg.
    (The did have packets of Nic to change the levels ... but)
    When I went to my 'Go To" fluid choice on the internet,(Mountain Oak Vapors) the same offerings.. 0-3-6mg.
    At those levels (which seem the mandated law today) are not enough to for an addiction...at least not a fast one... maybe over many years..

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I think I mis-spoke.
    It's not 3-6% ..it's an option of 3 to 6mg in strength. The last bottle of fluids I purchased, the highest allowed to be sold to me was 6mg.
    (The did have packets of Nic to change the levels ... but)
    When I went to my 'Go To" fluid choice on the internet,(Mountain Oak Vapors) the same offerings.. 0-3-6mg.
    At those levels (which seem the mandated law today) are not enough to for an addiction...at least not a fast one... maybe over many years..

That's freebase. Not easy to find higher mg freebase anymore, but you can still find it.

Salts took the high mg market over and when Juul came along, and now disposables - they took it to the 50+mg level. 60mg has been rearing it's head more and more as the numbers game progresses (actually not progressive at all).

Back before salts, there was 36mg freebase, but it wasn't common. 24mg was usually highest most juice makers ventured into.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread