Moments when you do an epic facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My mantra now: Must remove the bottom of my bottom coil ARO 2's to fill them.

Two times over the couple of years of using them I've gone to fill them. Got distracted and tried to fill without removing the bottom first. Took me half a second, fingers covered with e-liquid and wondering why I wasn't seeing the level of liquid going up in the tank before I realized that I had forgotten to remove the bottom :facepalm: :D

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I kissed a coil.....and.....I didn't like it!
Don't laugh at coil kissers...it could happen to you! :facepalm:
But only to drippers.....I am not a dripper but I promise I won't laugh at coil kissers after they kiss their coil 'cause I know iffin I ever become a dripper I am sure it would eventually happen to me too. :lol::lol::lol:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
This was about 4-5 years ago. I was full swing into vaping, rebuilding, mechanical, all that stuff, and I'd just introduced my sister and her husband to vaping by buying them both REO Grands.

My brother in law calls me a couple days later. He had decided to try his hand at building a new coil for his Reomizer 2.0. Glad to see him digging in and getting his hands dirty but I already knew he was in over his head. He's calling because he can't figure out why his new coils keep popping. He would build a new coil, get it all situated nice and pretty then go to dry fire it before wicking and it would immediately overheat and break.

After a few basic troubleshooting questions I learned he had ignored my advice to order some kanthal for coil building and was trying to build coils out of WIRE FROM BREAD BAG TWIST TIES!!!

Biggest vaping related facepalm I've ever done, LOL

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    This was about 4-5 years ago. I was full swing into vaping, rebuilding, mechanical, all that stuff, and I'd just introduced my sister and her husband to vaping by buying them both REO Grands.

My brother in law calls me a couple days later. He had decided to try his hand at building a new coil for his Reomizer 2.0. Glad to see him digging in and getting his hands dirty but I already knew he was in over his head. He's calling because he can't figure out why his new coils keep popping. He would build a new coil, get it all situated nice and pretty then go to dry fire it before wicking and it would immediately overheat and break.

After a few basic troubleshooting questions I learned he had ignored my advice to order some kanthal for coil building and was trying to build coils out of WIRE FROM BREAD BAG TWIST TIES!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I don't build, haven't even tried and I know better that that. :blink::blink::blink:

Reactions: Statistic

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario

I'm sure there's a punchline for that. It's been a long day so may take me a while.....

Wonder if bread would make a good wicking material?...still thinking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread