Kangers and juice ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
I just got a Kanger MT3 and an Evod. The MT3 has developed a slight gurgle but otherwise is doing fine. I also plugged the third hole with a toothpick as I've seen suggested here which did help tighten the draw and was better to me.

However, I'm having issues with the Evod. It's essentially a Baby T3 from what I can tell. It worked great for most of the afternoon but by late evening I was getting a heavy gurgle. I was able to clear it by using a long slow draw straight in to my lungs. I'm assuming that helped burn off the excess juice. This morning I was trying it again but the gurgle came back fairly quickly. I noticed at that point that the tank was almost empty. I filled it almost completely full yesterday and was using 3 other tanks so I should not have used that much juice. It doesn't appear to be leaking outside the tank and I haven't taken the coil apart so I don't know if it's built up there or not. By the sound of the gurgle it could be. I also blew through the atomizer to clear the gurgle as also suggested somewhere here on ECF. That helped but by then the tank was empty and I decided not to refill yet.

I'm wondering if it's the juice I'm using. So far I've been sticking with 100% PG, mainly because of the tanks I've been using. I do have some 100% VG that I'm testing flavors with but haven't tried that in the MT3 or the Evod. Would adding VG to my juice help stop the gurgling? I'm assuming the gurgle is the coil/tube flooding. Or.. does plugging the third hole help stop the gurgling?

I know someone will suggest this so I'll go ahead and say that I also purchased a Vivi Nova Neptune at the same time. I'll try that later but for now I don't like the appearance of the Neptune on my standard ego 650. Looks like a mini German grenade. :) I might try that at home or wait to see if I upgrade to a fatter battery where it might look better.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
try this.

cover all three holes with your finger as you press the button then take a harder than normal draw. If that does not clear it up take it off the battery and blow it out and wipe the bottom off. then take another covered draw like i suggested. those holes at the bottom only let air flow in. It is gurgling because juice is getting into the air tube.

af far as ratios i use 70/30 60/40 and 50/50 depending on the flavor. never had a problem with the kangers.

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
try this.

cover all three holes with your finger as you press the button then take a harder than normal draw. If that does not clear it up take it off the battery and blow it out and wipe the bottom off. then take another covered draw like i suggested. those holes at the bottom only let air flow in. It is gurgling because juice is getting into the air tube.

af far as ratios i use 70/30 60/40 and 50/50 depending on the flavor. never had a problem with the kangers.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I was surprised the Evod acted that way even though the MT3 was fine. There are differences but the principle is the same.

middleborn, I have the metal sheath around mine so there aren't any graduations to tell where I am. Do you clean and dry yours when you refill or just refill and go? I was thinking if you clean and dry then it could just be that point where the juice eventually builds up enough to get in the airway. If you refill and go then I'm not sure because whatever buildup was there should still be there.

One thing I have found out with tanks and it probably works in a similar fashion here but I haven't found the proper method yet on this one. As you may know the coil stays warm for a bit after you release the button and therefore keeps making vapor. I found that if I continue to inhale a second or two after releasing the button, or take a second inhale without pressing the button, then that helps evacuate the excess vapor out of the cone and helps prevent juice buildup in the airways. I've been using Type B tanks this way and do not have the leaking problem that others have.

Last edited:

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
For a follow up on my Evod issue.. I just pulled the coil to wipe it clean and refill the tank. I found that the tube/wick portion was not screwed down tightly. Fortunately the Evod has a knurled tube so tightening was easy. I have it back together now and it seems to be working fine again. We'll see how it holds up now.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Don't take the o-ring off the evod. The knurled pipe could let juice into the air tube.
All botom coil Clearomizers are built for an avg blend. Probably inthe 80/20 to 60/40 range this helps to control wicking for the mass majority of users. Adding wick for all pg or removing wick for thick vg juices can tune for individual need.

The hard part is when one Chain vapes 100%vg(run dry) or seldom picks up a device using high pg(floods).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread