Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I think you have the same problem I was seeing and just doing a test on one of the calculator sites it appears that to get the percentage correct e.g: 60/40 VG/PG the you cannot have more than 80% PG nic, in other words look at the lower desired figure double it and that is the most you can have in nic of that type.

I hope that makes sense

webbb82

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Olympia
exactly.. thats why i asked in the first post if i add 10-20% of my 48mg vg nic base i have a little left. if i add that to my pg base to give my a nic base of 80/20 pg-vg if that would fix my problem. Im pretty sure the answer is yes by everyones answers so far so ill just add 20ml of my vg base to 80 ml pg base to get my final base

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Don't forget your flavours are PG so the maximum unflavoured you would get would be 60/40 VG/PG for each drop of flavour the VG would have to be decreased

exactly.. thats why i asked in the first post if i add 10-20% of my 48mg vg nic base i have a little left. if i add that to my pg base to give my a nic base of 80/20 pg-vg if that would fix my problem. Im pretty sure the answer is yes by everyones answers so far so ill just add 20ml of my vg base to 80 ml pg base to get my final base

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Ya im trying to get a nic base that's 80%pg and 20%vg. Mainly because I'm almost out of vg and I have a full bottle of pg nic base

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm totally confused (not unusual)...

I thought you were trying to make something that had a higher percentage of VG than PG?

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Ack, this is driving me crazy LOL

You should easily be able to get 50/50 if your nic is PG based and your flavorings are PG based.

I don't see why you would add VG to your nic to change the base. Add the VG to the mix to make it what you want.

Are you using ejuicemeup? If so, perhaps a screenshot would help. Alternatively, why don't you post exactly what you're trying to make (percentages) with what you have?

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
Ack, this is driving me crazy LOL

You should easily be able to get 50/50 if your nic is PG based and your flavorings are PG based.

I don't see why you would add VG to your nic to change the base. Add the VG to the mix to make it what you want.

Are you using ejuicemeup? If so, perhaps a screenshot would help. Alternatively, why don't you post exactly what you're trying to make (percentages) with what you have?

Amanda, there is too much PG to make a 50/50 blend. 100% PG nic plus PG in the flavors makes that impossible. Put it in your calculator and see for yourself.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
first of all im making a recipe and i have 100%pg nic bran new bottle. and im doing the calculator rout for mixing and it ended up saying error negative pg value error. thats with the end result wanting to be 50/50 pg/vg liquid. so i have to take the % down to like 56/44 pg/vg in order for the negative value to go away. in the calculator app.
but i was thinking if i add 10% straight vg nic base to my 100% pg nic base (as i have a small bit of vg nic base left) giving me a 90/10 nic base at 48 mg. I think that would take care of my problem. and i hope it would let me to m ix somthing more like 65/35 pg/vg end result. without getting that negative pg value error...... man i tried to make this question as easy to read as i could and it still sounds insane. if anyone understand my question and thinks this would fix it. let me know lol. thanks

I understand exactly what you are wanting to do here, and I think you explained it just fine. Your calculator should be able to tell you if this would work, just use 90%pg 10%vg where you input your starting nic base and see if that gives you enough room to get to 50/50. I'm not sure if you said, but is your VG nic base also 48 mg/ml?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm not so good with calculators, so I do everything by hand.

If you only have 15 ml of VG nic, adding 60 ml PG nic would give you 75 ml of 80/20 PG/VG nic.

To get 18 mg/ml starting with 48 mg/ml, you would have to mix 37.5 % nic base with 62.5% other stuff (PG, VG, PG flavoring).
If x = how many ml of all the other stuff you need to add (PG, VG, PG flavoring), then x/75ml = .625/.375 and x = .625 (75 ml) / .375 = 125 ml other stuff.

That would give you 200 ml final product.

If you want 50/50 PG/VG, you would need to use 100 ml of PG (including PG, PG flavring, and PG nic) and 100 ml of VG (including VG and VG nic).

It looks like your using 19% flavoring. 19% of 200 ml is 38 ml.

So, you already have 60 ml of PG nic and 38 ml of PG flavoring. Giving you 98 ml total PG. And, you already have 15 ml of VG nic.

So, you need to add 2 ml PG and 85 ml VG to get 50/50 PG/VG at 18 mg/ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread