Mini Pipe....holy mackerel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I am pretty new to vaping....but from the products that I have tried...the mini pipe is by far the best. In this thread it is made to sound like that this pipe is like the penstyles but a different look. Maybe I am wrong... but the vapor production and throat hit is by fat the best. From Parked's review you can see that he agrees... this thing is the best at vapor production and throat hit. I think it makes all the liquids taste better as well. If you guys know of a product that has the same throat hit and vapor production as the lady pipe...and is alot cheaper....please let me know. I would love to get something cheaper that is easier on the wallet.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
EDO, I so far have not found anything that works a well as the mini-pipe except for the Dura-C with the manual switch. It cost the same as the pipe though. But it does give one hell of a throat hit. I have to say that I have never had anything hit like the Dura. Too hard maybe. I had to go down from 24mg to 16mg because of the strength of the hit. The Dura has had some issues but I think Janty has them worked out. Don't rush out and get one yet as this is only an initial impression as I have only had it for a day. Wait for some long term reviews. The pipe is great though and I never leave home without it.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
z3r0, distributor? Hahahahahaha
I'm just happy they sent me a working unit. Still don't recommend it (as I said in my post)
but it does hit, I just hope it hits longer then 3 days like the last one. and the pipe, all I can say is mine works. still can't say for how long so I don't recommend it either. But if you already have one we can talk about how great it is. Hahahahaha.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Vince...Why do you think the lady pipes work so well? I mean that atomizer is just a penstyle atomzer. The batteries don't last much longer than a penstyle. But some how these things vape big time. I got mine 10 days ago from smilin...and haven't used any thing else since the day I got it.

I know.....I'm getting to that point myself. I'm acutally putting all my pens away today and although I really love my dura too, I pretty much have to force myself to put my pipe down to use it. For me, a lot has to do with the shape. I cup it in my palm, I hold the head with my fingers, I tap on the head....there's so many things you can do with it that you can't do with other ecigs. I guess it just keeps me well occupied beside being a great vape...lol

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
The only thing that I don't like about it is the jewel cover.....man that thing is annoying...keeps popping out on mine.

And you've screwed it in best you can? Mine hasn't popped out yet but I always keep an eye on it...lol

And that's my main concern with the new batts they're talking about...just a tad taller but I'm afraid the cover won't fit tightly then :(

We all might have to find a way to keep the lid on then :p

Lu

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
With the battery being taller the lid will actually fit tighter, but may not fit at all. If it fits diameter wise but is just too tall I guess a person could modify a little metal piece to use in it's place. On closer examination it looks like the little brass fingers that hold the lid in place are just pressed in so one might adjust them up or down for the correct fit.

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Well Sambucalu...there is no doubt that it just feels great in your hand. However, I like the fact that you can vape it very comfortably with no hand as well (great while driving). The only thing that I don't like about it is the jewel cover.....man that thing is annoying...keeps popping out on mine.

I think your spring in the bottom of the pipe bown can't be pushing up hard enough on the battery which also keeps the cover on tight......but I don't know how you could make it stronger.

No I haven't received the batteries yet. I just got the shipping notice from them today and it says it will take between 7 and 16 days to arrive. They are coming from Hong Kong. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will work. I'm pretty sure they will though. I think there is more than 1mm of wiggle room widthwise in the battery compartment and I know the spring will deflect more that the 1.6mm lengthwise.

The ones in your post are 3V 1000mAh batterries. The ones I ordered are 3.6v 600mAh batteries with a dual charger for $17.75.

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Regarding the cover...I believe it was Vince that suggested in an earlier post...to tweek the brass contacts a little so to make the fit tighter. I was scared to try it...but today, out of desperation, I used needle nose pliers to tweek them ever so slightly...And the fit is much tighter now. I think that problem is solved.

As far as the Phill's batteries...on another thread they were talking about how the amp and the voltage is higher on these mini pipe batteries as compared to other batteries. Fully charged apparently they have charge of 4.2v. So even if Phill's new batteries fit the pipe...it might not work as good as the original batteries...meaning the pipe won't vape as good. Hope they work though....it would be awesome to have a 600mah batteries in these things....it would double our vaping time.

Regarding the cover...I believe it was Vince that suggested in an earlier post...to tweek the brass contacts a little so to make the fit tighter. I was scared to try it...but today, out of desperation, I used needle nose pliers to tweek them ever so slightly...And the fit is much tighter now. I think that problem is solved.

As far as the Phill's batteries...on another thread they were talking about how the amp and the voltage is higher on these mini pipe batteries as compared to other batteries. Fully charged apparently they have charge of 4.2v. So even if Phill's new batteries fit the pipe...it might not work as good as the original batteries...meaning the pipe won't vape as good. Hope they work though....it would be awesome to have a 600mah batteries in these things....it would double our vaping time.

EDO...I'm glad your tweeking of the tabs worked for you. I think I'll give that a try too...Mines not too loose but it could use a little snugging up.

As far as the batteries I ordered...They fully charge to 4.2V also. Everything I have read on them really makes me believe the will work. Here's the EBAY post for them:
Ultrafire CR2 Charger + 2x 3.6v Rechargeable Battery - eBay (item 370155849323 end time Apr-07-09 18:32:00 PDT)

EDO,

The original batteries are 14250. I measured them and they are 14mm in diameter and 25mm in length.

The ones I ordered are 15266, so they should measure 15mm in diameter and 26.6mm in length.

To sum it up, the ones I ordered are 1mm larger in diameter and 1.6mm larger in length. I think the battery compartment measures 15mm to 16mm in diameter so it might be a tight fit, but like somebody else said in a earlier post I can remove the plastic casing around the battery if I have to to make it fit. I think I have a winner here, now I just need to wait for the batteries to get here and I'll know for sure. Stand by...I'll keep everybody posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread