Mini personal Screwdriver review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
Got my Screwdriver yesterday and have been vaping it now quite a lot. I am comparing it to the Janty eGo and the Prodigy V2.

Before I start, afew notes:
I use blue foam and am using Halo Smooth8 juice because of it's subtle flavor notes. Also, the eGo has 4 air vents (the Screwdriver only has one) and I use a piece of masking tape to cover 2 of them. This gives me much more vapor.

I have vaping all 3, taking turns. The Prodigy (with fresh batts) is like a wild beast that needs to be tamed!! it simply gets too hot. I am using a 808 atty on it, because I think it's best for dripping, it's almost a bottomles pit compared to a 510, and I can easily put in 12 drops w/o worry of flooding.

I get consistently good hits and lots of vapor from the eGo and Screwdriver but the Prodigy starts loosing flavor much sooner, then gets to hot.

The Screwdriver uses one re-chargible 3.7 900mAh batt. You get 2 batts with the full kit, as well as 6 carts and 2 attys, which are much longer then a standard 510.
There is a cap at the end of the Screwdriver which prevent you from pressing the button by accident. This button needs to be pressed when you take a drag.
The body of the Screwdriver is smooth and shiny and nothing to prevent it from rolling off a table or whatever.
Since it has only one very small air vent, and draw is harder than a 510 or the eGo (with all the vents open) but you do get tons of vapor, but not as much as the Prodigy when it's fully loaded with juice.
The big difference is not the quantity of vapor, but the consistent quality of the taste and smoothness of the vapor. It this, the Screwdriver beats the Prodigy.
The eGo is about equal to the Screwdriver in this regard, and gives me about the same amount of smooth vapor.
When the eGo first comes off the charger, it is a little hot for a several drags but I have not noticed this with the Screwdriver. It's always smooth.
Both the eGo and Screwdriver last longer on a juice fill than any other PV I have tried, and the eGo is the perfect size to take anywhere.
So is the screwdriver for that matter. The prodigy is kind of big and heavy and, in my opinion, has too much power (at 5V of some kinds of juices).
The atty for the screwdriver appears to be higher quality than a standard 510, and it's much deeper.

Anyway, if I had to pick only one of the 3, it would be the eGo, but I love all 3 for what they do best. The Screwdriver comes in a really close 2nd, and I am loving vaping it. I like the idea that I can get replacement batts for the Screwdriver easy, not so for the eGo. You need to buy that only from Janty :(

Attachments

• PV pics.jpg
    PV pics.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 150

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
The Prodigy is nice to keep around at home, esp. when watching TV and such.
It's not something you want to stick in your pocket and take out.

It works at its peak right after dripping (this unit is strictly dripping only) and then will produce more vapor then I have ever seen in a PV.
Problem is, it does not last long and starts giving you those hot hits.
If you dont mind having to open it up to drop in more juice every 10th drag, it's fine.

I am not going to buy any more high voltage PV's until they can perfect a atty that will work well at the higher temp.

I really love my Screwdriver, been vaping strong now for 2 days on one charge. And the cart/atty holds alot of juice if using the blue foam, and soaking it as I have said, in my other posts. You get about 3 analog ciggies worth in a single fill (depending on the juice of course) and it doesnt get hot and burn your throat when it's running low (like the Prodigy does).
The Screwdriver seems to produce more vapor then the eGo with all 4 vent holes open. That's why I stick a small piece of tape over two of the holes, thus producing much more vapor. Then they are about equal :)

You cant go wrong buying either the eGo or the Screwdriver, I love them both and I think they are the best PV's available, and they beat the pants off any of the models that insist on resembling a real ciggie ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread