Messed myself up vaping wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobi511

Aug 19, 2021
Hey E-Cigarrete community, I recently started vaping THC with a friend about 6 months ago, never had a problem until we got a new cartridge about 4 days ago, i vaped with him and it was fine however i brought a pen home with me with my new cartridge which i verified online to make sure it was legit, but i believe i might have vaped wrong as i hit it 3 times which i've never done before, i spent the entire day feeling good, this was on monday but on tuesday i woke up with a slight discomfort in my chest and pretty bad acid reflux, i wasn't in pain but definitely in discomfort, the discomfort just went away today my lungs are fine and i didn't experience any difficulties breathing, i read online that it's possible i got a heartburn from it, any recommendations, opinions on this? i have to mention the THC concentration on the previous cartridge was of 63% this one is 87% i'm not sure if this would be the cause of it, but any advice would be great as i'm a bit worried because of what i experienced.

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
East Coast
youtu.be
Hey E-Cigarrete community, I recently started vaping THC with a friend about 6 months ago, never had a problem until we got a new cartridge about 4 days ago, i vaped with him and it was fine however i brought a pen home with me with my new cartridge which i verified online to make sure it was legit, but i believe i might have vaped wrong as i hit it 3 times which i've never done before, i spent the entire day feeling good, this was on monday but on tuesday i woke up with a slight discomfort in my chest and pretty bad acid reflux, i wasn't in pain but definitely in discomfort, the discomfort just went away today my lungs are fine and i didn't experience any difficulties breathing, i read online that it's possible i got a heartburn from it, any recommendations, opinions on this? i have to mention the THC concentration on the previous cartridge was of 63% this one is 87% i'm not sure if this would be the cause of it, but any advice would be great as i'm a bit worried because of what i experienced.
Hi. I'm going to PM you.

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
East Coast
youtu.be
k...check your email. top right corner. :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
this was on monday but on tuesday i woke up with a slight discomfort in my chest and pretty bad acid reflux, i wasn't in pain but definitely in discomfort, the discomfort just went away today my lungs are fine and i didn't experience any difficulties breathing,

You could've gotten a cartridge with THC that's been "cut" with vitamin E acetate oil. It's the stuff that was causing EVALI about a year ago. It's definitely NOT anything to mess with.

By the way...don't be surprised if your thread gets removed, as talking about vaping anything other than regular eliquid...doesn't belong in the regular open forums on ECF. Only reason I responded here is because you can't get PMs (private messages) yet, since you're a brand new member.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Hi Tobi511. Welcome to the ECF.

It is Very Hard to verify that what you are Holding in your Hand is "Legit" by just looking at things Online. There is a Small Army of Bootleggers and Knock-Off Artists out there Flooding the Market with God Knows what just to make a Buck.

If you are Going to use THC Carts, I would Strongly suggest you ONLY buy them from a State Approved Store that has been around for awhile. And NEVER Buy them off the Street or from a Friend.

As to What's Up with your Chest Pain and Acid Reflux? No Clue.

But If I bought a Gallon of Milk and drank some Yesterday and then Today I Didn't Feel Right, I would Pour it Down the Drain in a Heart Beat. Wouldn't You?

---

As JCinFLA mentioned, you can talk about Using THC here on the ECF. But the ECF wants you to Talk about it here...

General Cannabis Discussion

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
East Coast
youtu.be
You could've gotten a cartridge with THC that's been "cut" with vitamin E acetate oil. It's the stuff that was causing EVALI about a year ago. It's definitely NOT anything to mess with.

By the way...don't be surprised if your thread gets removed, as talking about vaping anything other than regular eliquid...doesn't belong in the regular open forums on ECF.
Hi Tobi511. Welcome to the ECF.

It is Very Hard to verify that what you are Holding in your Hand is "Legit" by just looking at things Online. There is a Small Army of Bootleggers and Knock-Off Artists out there Flooding the Market with God Knows what just to make a Buck.

If you are Going to use THC Carts, I would Strongly suggest you ONLY buy them from a State Approved Store that has been around for awhile. And NEVER Buy them off the Street or from a Friend.

As to What's Up with your Chest Pain and Acid Reflux? No Clue.

But If I bought a Gallon of Milk and drank some Yesterday and then Today I Didn't Feel Right, I would Pour it Down the Drain in a Heart Beat. Wouldn't You?

---

As JCinFLA mentioned, you can talk about Using THC here on the ECF. But the ECF wants you to Talk about it here...

General Cannabis Discussion
ugh. perfect point. and the milk thing definitely makes me nauseas. I did tell this guy in PM last night....what was in this stuff most likely....and not to ever smoke it again....PERIOD.

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This is the wrong forum, however you may have a serious emergency medical issue.

IF IF IF you decide to go to the emergency room, please make sure you tell them you were vaping something OTHER THAN nicotine juice. This is important to ensure the best treatment and recovery as well as for the whole vaping community at large that you tell them that is was NOT NICOTINE JUICE.

Also, bring what you have with you.

And good luck with that self medicating thing.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    So now that this has been moved to the appropriate forum... be careful (and I'm not just talking about carts that may have stuff that shouldn't be in it) I'm old school... have smoked everything (hash, hash oil, thai stick, maui, ect) Now that I'm older (and don't have much money) don't do that much anymore (and now it's legal here in CA... and I do miss it but such a lightweight now) My son gets carts from very reputable sources and they are super good and good flavor but that stuff blows me away after 2-3 drags. Sometimes... it might just be too good (and my thai sticks would have blown you away back in the day) Vaping that high of THC can mess you up... just slow down or use lower THC level carts. Think of it like this: alcohol can mess you up but beer, wine or a few shots of booze might not be a big deal. Imagine drinking pure ethyl alcohol (200 proof) Just curious but how many draws did you take? There is a practical limit to everything. Too much, too fast. Vaping is a very efficient way to get things into your system (even nicotine) That's why we (regular nic vapers) don't vape 100 mg/ml juice. Oh... forgot to say welcome and hello! Jeeze I wish I was high right now ;) Oh well... off to finish my beer.

Tobi511

Aug 19, 2021
    So now that this has been moved to the appropriate forum... be careful (and I'm not just talking about carts that may have stuff that shouldn't be in it) I'm old school... have smoked everything (hash, hash oil, thai stick, maui, ect) Now that I'm older (and don't have much money) don't do that much anymore (and now it's legal here in CA... and I do miss it but such a lightweight now) My son gets carts from very reputable sources and they are super good and good flavor but that stuff blows me away after 2-3 drags. Sometimes... it might just be too good (and my thai sticks would have blown you away back in the day) Vaping that high of THC can mess you up... just slow down or use lower THC level carts. Think of it like this: alcohol can mess you up but beer, wine or a few shots of booze might not be a big deal. Imagine drinking pure ethyl alcohol (200 proof) Just curious but how many draws did you take? There is a practical limit to everything. Too much, too fast. Vaping is a very efficient way to get things into your system (even nicotine) That's why we (regular nic vapers) don't vape 100 mg/ml juice. Oh... forgot to say welcome and hello! Jeeze I wish I was high right now ;) Oh well... off to finish my beer.

Oh yeah i 100% realized that it was my fault, i hit it 3 times when it was like my second time smoking 85% THC, i slowed down and took only 1 hit and i'm totally fine, just took some medicines for the acid reflux and i'm pretty good now, thank you for your comment man appreciate it.

Reactions: zoiDman

Tobi511

Aug 19, 2021
    No worries... but please stop calling it "smoking". Some of these high THC carts are super good quality... but maybe too good. Take slow easy draws (better for the coil anyway) and not back to back. It would be like smoking a gram of hash in 5 minutes ;)
    lol alright sorry "vaping" then and yes this is some good quality stuff

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    lol alright sorry "vaping" then and yes this is some good quality stuff
    The ironic thing is I so wish I had some myself... drinking vodka and would trade it right now for a couple draws of that. My son didn't need my help this week-end (normally do yard work for him) and he supplies beer and let's me sample the good stuff (he doesn't even do much himself but always gets the best quality available) He always says "go easy dad... this is the good stuff" I'm 61 and thanks to vaping (nicotine e-liquid) my lungs are in decent shape. A while back, he had some that was more like 60% THC and that really agreed with me more. Besides, the CBD is also nice... helps with my joints (no pun intended) and very relaxing. I have some CBD juice right now but it clogs my "regular" device coils so saving it. Moderation is the key (maybe I should take my own advice and slow down on the drinking)

Tobi511

Aug 19, 2021
    The ironic thing is I so wish I had some myself... drinking vodka and would trade it right now for a couple draws of that. My son didn't need my help this week-end (normally do yard work for him) and he supplies beer and let's me sample the good stuff (he doesn't even do much himself but always gets the best quality available) He always says "go easy dad... this is the good stuff" I'm 61 and thanks to vaping (nicotine e-liquid) my lungs are in decent shape. A while back, he had some that was more like 60% THC and that really agreed with me more. Besides, the CBD is also nice... helps with my joints (no pun intended) and very relaxing. I have some CBD juice right now but it clogs my "regular" device coils so saving it. Moderation is the key (maybe I should take my own advice and slow down on the drinking)

yeah i quit drinking after trying a little bit of something they call lucy in the skies with diamonds lol, but my last THC cartridge was 1 gram and it lasted me 5 months so id think im moderated ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread