Mesh on mechs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Hey all,

I recently got a Dreamer, and the only atty I have that will look good on it is a Profile RDTA, and I'm worried mesh will be too low resistance and will draw far too much power. Is there any higher resistance mesh available?
Im not sure about that i my self love mesh as well but they are mostly just regular coilheads also how you able to find a dreamer these days?
Grats tho great lookin mod maybe , some one else here can help you on the mesh question,
but tbh i think its just ohms law whatever your coil ohm is will pull the amount of current but im new my self dont go what i say heh...
I also really like mesh i dare to say they have the best flavor :)

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Im not sure about that i my self love mesh as well but they are mostly just regular coilheads also how you able to find a dreamer these days?
Grats tho great lookin mod maybe , some one else here can help you on the mesh question,
but tbh i think its just ohms law whatever your coil ohm is will pull the amount of current but im new my self dont go what i say heh...
I also really like mesh i dare to say they have the best flavor :)
I bought the Dreamer in an online store here, it's the plated black stainless version. Think they had brass as well.

And yes, it should work like normal coils, just pull way too much power. I don't want to give a mesh strip 150W :cool:

Reactions: The60WattGUY

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
I bought the Dreamer in an online store here, it's the plated black stainless version. Think they had brass as well.

And yes, it should work like normal coils, just pull way too much power. I don't want to give a mesh strip 150W :cool:
Ohh in that way haha yea i think mesh has 150w max yea dont think higher than that exist yet thats what i heard at least, does the store ship to EU? Meh nah nevermind i shouldnt haha
I also have my eye on a kennedy mod i also wanna grab soon and that shop is in my country faster shipping that way :p
Im new to mechs but love them for some reason ha

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Ohh in that way haha yea i think mesh has 150w max yea dont think higher than that exist yet thats what i heard at least, does the store ship to EU? Meh nah nevermind i shouldnt haha
I also have my eye on a kennedy mod i also wanna grab soon and that shop is in my country faster shipping that way :p
Im new to mechs but love them for some reason ha

Pretty sure they do international shipping, try mistervape.no - they also had a Keen and a Trishul v2 I think.

The mesh strips I'm using are typically around .15 or so and only need 60-70W or so max, the wattage they would pull on a mech would likely melt them. So I wonder if there are any higher resistance strips I could try.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Pretty sure they do international shipping, try mistervape.no - they also had a Keen and a Trishul v2 I think.

The mesh strips I'm using are typically around .15 or so and only need 60-70W or so max, the wattage they would pull on a mech would likely melt them. So I wonder if there are any higher resistance strips I could try.
Actually i just bought a trishulv2 :) brass and copper so my third mech will be something else hehe i only have 2 mecs i just got into them

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
I only use mechs and mesh. With a sound battery, I found it is my best vape ever, least maintenance and longest use coils and wicks. Profiles are my favorite attys. You do have to keep the wick wet for the best performance with mesh. Dry hits can be painful with mesh. I keep a dropper bottle handy to top off at times.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
I only use mechs and mesh. With a sound battery, I found it is my best vape ever, least maintenance and longest use coils and wicks. Profiles are my favorite attys. You do have to keep the wick wet for the best performance with mesh. Dry hits can be painful with mesh. I keep a dropper bottle handy to top off at times.
Mesh def has good flavor never tried a mesh rda but mesh sub tanks are crazy good ,rda prob even better

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK

I know you can get Stainless Steel mesh spools, but no ideas how nice they'd play with a mech. Or if it's even possible and or advisable.

Reactions: The60WattGUY

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I know you can get Stainless Steel mesh spools, but no ideas how nice they'd play with a mech. Or if it's even possible and or advisable.
SS would be lower resistance than Ni80, which is what I'm using, no? I have some spools of mesh from Vandy Vape, SS316L, Ni80 and kanthal - I might see how high the kanthal reads.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com

Great, thanks - I'll give it a shot.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Yeah, @ducasse SS has a low resistance. That's why I'm kind of hesitant about it, but it's all I was aware of at the time.

I've no ideas on if mesh is available in any other materials, apart from there are mesh strips available at a price premium.

Update.

Just checked the Vandy Vape website and the SS316L 400 mesh supposedly has the highest resistance, but it doesn't confirm what ohms a build would be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread