Men with their girly fruity fake cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy-o

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
france
I think this title will attract men who know how to defend e-cigs in manly environments ^^ my husband is a welder, in holland. He wants to switch to e-cigs, seems extremely intrigued by it (hasn't tasted it yet, we're in two different countries for now but he watched me over skype with my "vaping pencil" ) , but yesterday he told me he doesn't know how his very "rough" collegues would react to it. He said they'd probably just call him a sissy for needing it, and tell him to "just quit like a man" lol...... But he wants to taste peach juice and is all bummed :D
I suggested he could "omit" the part where this device helps quitting analogs, and just be mysterious about it, telling them it's a fun new device "they aren't cool enough to have heard of" , and that he just likes it better than cigs.
He's still unsure :p
Any manly man vaper out there knows how to placate those kinds of dudes? Picture a cow boy with an e-cig, it's THAT strange where he's from.
Help me help my husband beat the meanies !!! (and maybe convert them in the process, who knows)

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
For what it's worth, I'm a guy and nobody has ever given me a hard time for vaping. On the contrary, several of my manliest friends (of both genders) have taken up vaping after seeing how well it worked to get me off the smokes.

In any case, I'd think saying something like "I enjoy smoking -- and this kind won't kill me" would be all the explanation anyone would need.

JMathTheTechGuy

Feb 21, 2013
Illinois
Just have him tell them that analog cigs are too weak and he needs something build for a real man! My co workers gave me hell about mine, but at the end of the day, he can always come back and say, "yeah well I can actually breathe and don't smell like hell, only the weak can't stop feeding money into the politicians pockets via big tobacco and venture into uncharted new worlds of smoking." Why quit all nic cold turkey anyways? Vaping is a much better way to get nicotine. So why say no when it feels so good to say yes! Haha, good luck to him.

Peggy-o

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
france
Just have him tell them that analog cigs are too weak and he needs something build for a real man!
Hahaha that made me laugh :D
Yeah, I think the only solution (as all your posts seem to indicate) is to just own it.
The "I'm just not paying to kill myself anymore, I don't think it makes me weak" is a good one too lol.

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Yeah I have all Mods (Provari and Vamo) and the guys are always like wow what is that thing! ... then I vape a cloud and they are more intrigued ... box mod would be cool as well, guys usually like the mechanical looks of the Mods

Though to be honest I wouldn't care what they thought but never heard no guff about it, people are usually pretty interested in them.

_Nix

Jan 16, 2013
United Kingdom
He needs a manly mod, which by the sounds of it is more important than the concept of vaping or the flavour of juice.

As he is a welder, maybe there is something out there that has nice large welds on it... maybe an aluminium body with some neat welds.

Or more to the point.... he could make his own and retro fit some electronics !

Last edited:

Peggy-o

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
france
Yep, I agree, he could make his own, he's quite handy... once he understands how it all works! Like...a handgrenade mod... lol. That's manly!! I'm now going on the hunt for manly stuff for him to start with , since I don't think he will start out by making his own, maybe when he finds out there are other options than my cute pink lightsaber thing, (he says it looks like a vibrator though but ok.) he will become... bolder. Thanks for the help guys ^^

Peggy-o

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
france
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread