Member Mary_d having surgery tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris47451

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2011
Indiana
Hi everyone. I'm sure some of you know member Mary_d. She is my neighbor and best friend. She is having surgery tomorrow at 8am EST. She had an aneurysm in her brain yesterday afternoon. She's currently in ICU in Indianapolis, and will be having surgery to clip off the clot. They have an expert team assembled with much experience in the procedure...she's in very good hands. She will remain in the hospital for about 2 weeks.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! She needs all the prayers that can be sent up right now and tomorrow!!!

Thank you all so much!

chris47451

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2011
Indiana
Sorry for the delay in updating. I've been in Chicago and had no signal in the motel (crappy place!). Anywho, surgery went very well. They were able to clamp off the clot using two clamps, therefore not needing to remove the artery. She'll remain in critical care until Thursday, then remain in the hospital two weeks, or more if she's not made the progress they're hoping for. But Mary is one tough cookie, and I'm sure she'll make a fast and full recovery.
I stopped on my way back home to see her. She woke up to visit a bit, and was even laughing a tad at times. She's obviously in a lot of pain, and was quite nauseous from both the surgery and the pain meds. But she was talking to me and was completely understandable. She was 100% Mary!
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them up for a smooth recovery for her. She's going to need them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread