Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I got my old mech mod out tonite and gonna clean up the coils in my dead rabbit. I haven't used it in a while so I'm a bit rusty with my math but if I did it right, my coils are at .29 ohms and I divided the 4.2 volt by .29 and got a 14amp draw on a freshly charged battery. My battery is a Samsung 40T 21700 35amp. If I'm not mistaken then, pulling 14 amps from a 35 amps battery is good to go? It's been a minute since I messed around with it.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I got my old mech mod out tonite and gonna clean up the coils in my dead rabbit. I haven't used it in a while so I'm a bit rusty with my math but if I did it right, my coils are at .29 ohms and I divided the 4.2 volt by .29 and got a 14amp draw on a freshly charged battery. My battery is a Samsung 40T 21700 35amp. If I'm not mistaken then, pulling 14 amps from a 35 amps battery is good to go? It's been a minute since I messed around with it.
    If you're not exactly sure then I Very strongly suggest that you don't use your mech mod until you are certain of ohms law. Simple!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe

As stated above, your math looks good to me. Yes, you are good to go with the Samsung 40T.

Screen shot 2023-04-02 at 7.07.25 AM.png

If each coil is 0.29Ω then you have a 0.145Ω ohm coil. With a 0.145Ω coil, 30A, you would be pushing your 40T to near its Mooch rated limit.

Screen shot 2023-04-02 at 7.17.33 AM.png

Samsung 40T per Mooch:

Samsung rates the 40T1 at 35A continuous and 45A if you do not let the cell reach 80°C (very hot). In my opinion this lets the cells get too hot to ensure decent cycle life so I am rating the 40T3 at 30A continuous and 40A if you do not let it reach 80°C. Both the 40T1 and 40T3 are best used at 25A and lower though. At above 25A or so the Samsung 30T is the better choice.

I use a few mechs daily, although I rarely build below 0.5Ω and I prefer single coil setups.

Good luck!!!

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    The Dead Rabbit is a dual coil atty. Is the 0.29 ohms taking into account the dual coils, ie are your coils 0.58 ohms each? If not, then your resistance is half of 0.29, that is 0.245. That would give you 28 amp.
    Yes, that is the total resistance. And after I did a dry burn and got the crud off the coils the resistance, total, is .26ohm.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I have two mechs. Well technically one real mech and one regulated mech.. The Sir Lancelot is the real one and I only use it at home, not in public, so if it blows up or something nobody else could possibly be in danger. I care that much.. ;) The Armor is a mech with a chip, and there's even a LED! I've had it for more than a few years and I love it. I've had the real mech for more than 7 and I love it too.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
    The Dead Rabbit is a dual coil atty. Is the 0.29 ohms taking into account the dual coils, ie are your coils 0.58 ohms each? If not, then your resistance is half of 0.29, that is 0.245. That would give you 28 amp.
    I read online a while ago since im also interested in mechs (getting one soon) but they said for mechs its best to use single coil rda? Cause mechs have a single battery to power 2 coils with 1 cell is too much mass or is this BS?
    I also have a dead rabbit v3 i like to use with a mech but not sure if its the right way they also said to avoid big alien coils for the same reason too much mass for a single cell, was this dude right who told me this or no?

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I read online a while ago since im also interested in mechs (getting one soon) but they said for mechs its best to use single coil rda? Cause mechs have a single battery to power 2 coils with 1 cell is too much mass or is this BS?
    I also have a dead rabbit v3 i like to use with a mech but not sure if its the right way they also said to avoid big alien coils for the same reason too much mass for a single cell, was this dude right who told me this or no?

A single battery mech will struggle to power a dual coil atty, but there are dual battery mech mods out there. There is even a quadruple battery mod by Vaperz Cloud called Thunder of God. It has two 21700 batteries in series and two in parallel. I have the clone version which uses 18650s.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
    A single battery mech will struggle to power a dual coil atty, but there are dual battery mech mods out there. There is even a quadruple battery mod by Vaperz Cloud called Thunder of God. It has two 21700 batteries in series and two in parallel. I have the clone version which uses 18650s.

What about a 21700 mech mod its still 1 battery but much more power can this power dual coils?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread