Mako Adapters - Your Thoughts?

What would you prefer for the Mako adapters?

• Keep as it is

• Offer fixed, more expensive option

• Work on new adapter system for future but I'm happy

• Forget atomiser options - just use one fitting like SD, SB etc

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hello all,

We have had a few people now who have had trouble with the adapters that screw into the Mako atomiser cap....

Now originally we were going to sell the different atomiser options as head cap with fixed adapter insert for around the £20 mark.... but then we got to thinking that it would be half the price (and perhaps more practical) for you all if we just sold the adapters separately so you can swap them in and out as necessary.

Needless to say, this act of offering a cheaper alternative to y'all has caused a few people to have some problems.... some people have found the 510 adapter gets stuck (when overly tightened), so I posted a video in the 'instructional video' section on how to remove the adapter.

Others have found the 901/801 adapters problematic when not realising they have overscrewed them accidentally.

Now, both of these problems are easily avoided and remedied:

510 adapter: do not over tighten when screwing on atomiser
901/801 adapters: either hand tighten with atomiser before installing head cap or tighten the adapter with pliers before screwing on atomiser.

So the big question I want to ask is are people happy with the current setup or would they like to pay more to get a separate head cap/atomiser connection each time?

Any feedback would be appreciated... :)

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Well, this could very well be aimed at me, being I JUST got mine yesterday and posted this very thing. So I feel fairly qualified to answer this question. How about both? Options are always nice. :)

The Mako is a VERY nice mod, VERY versitile, but does have a decent learning curve. Your solutions are exactly correct, but it does take time to understand and apply what you are telling and showing people. Once you play with it a bit, you get it. The Mako is NOT plug and play, more like plug, fiddle fiddle, play, fiddle some more, play. :)

This is the price you pay for probably THE most versitile mod out there, it will pretty much meet any vaping need. The single purpose mods are easy, pop in a battery, attach your atty/carto, vape. The Mako (full setup) is 3 different sizes, 3 different threads, 4 (and eventually 5) different voltages. So you must take into account it's going to take some time and effort to figure everything out.

I was frustrated at first, because I couldn't get the 510 adaptor out, but I watched the video and there was the solution. :)

I do believe people would love to have the option of either using the current adapters, or be able to get endcaps with the permenant threads. Might also want to offer additional and varied sized O-rings, while we're talking. :)

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Thanks for the input guys - I think perhaps we will sell them as fixed head caps - somehow I thought it was a more generous solution to allow people to be able to swap out the adapters rather than buying an entire head cap each time.

But perhaps simplifying at additional cost for an extra part would be a better future solution. :)

IdolLurker

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida USA
Thanks for the input guys - I think perhaps we will sell them as fixed head caps - somehow I thought it was a more generous solution to allow people to be able to swap out the adapters rather than buying an entire head cap each time.

But perhaps simplifying at additional cost for an extra part would be a better future solution. :)

Tim,

I sent you PM about my Mako. Please send me a PM about this.

Thanks,
IdolLurker

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Price-wise, I think the Mako kit for £60 is cheap compared to other mods. Getting another headcap will set you back around £80 which is still affordable and will eliminate the issues we are having at the current 2-piece headcap. Another advantage of 1-piece design is easier maintenance/cleaning.

Agreed sprakkattak :)

The main problem I have with my 510 adapter is leaking when I stand the Mako upright, the juice pool it has seems a bit too small and requires constant cleaning. There always seem to be some leakage with the 510 atty but over time the small pool easily becomes filled.

I think maybe a fixed atomiser connector would solve this - less leaking but no adjustment.... but I might have another way to kill 2 birds with one stone. ;)

You can also reduce this by being a prudent dripper ie. only drip 2 drops when the atties running dry. I find when I drip 4-5 drops at a time, this problem is more likely to occur. It's best to smoke all you drip before placing it down otherwise all the liquid which you've just dripped will leak down through the atomiser.

Tim,

I sent you PM about my Mako. Please send me a PM about this.

Thanks,
IdolLurker

Reply sent... :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I have also noticed that my 510 atty wobbles a lot, when I tighten it to the point it doesn't wobble I cannot suck it as it gets no air hehe.

If I was to purchase another adapter, which would be the one to go for? Surely one of them works great?

Could it possibly be the atomiser threads on the 510 you are using have been damaged?

Perhaps you could try another atomiser to see if this is the problem - if you think it is a problem with the adapter we'll have to organise a replacement. :)

Either the 901/KR808 or 801 adapters are both good depending on which atomiser you prefer. They both need to be tightened with pliers when installing as they screw in from the other side. ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
My 510 works a treat - no problems at all. Love it:)

This is the only PV that I use now (apart from a 801 SD when I want a change).

I haven't used the midi sleeve that I purchased as the Minno is just perfect for me. Keeping it, though, for the better battery life if I need it one day.

The midi should give you just under double in battery life so good if you're away from power (fishing/camping etc).... just carry enough charged up 14500's and you're good to go. :)

The maksi would give you a better run again but at the cost of added size... so it's horses for courses on that really.... ;)

Glad you're getting the best out of your Mako! :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread