Making the local analog store mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taintedhalo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
Kentucky
I found out today that the local analog discount store is calling me a liar. I have been educating people in my small town about e-cigs. We have a high rate of smoking in this town, heck the school even grows tobacco as its ag crop. Needless to say everyone in this town knows someone who has died as a result of smoking. I am finding that people are very receptive to learning about e-cigs and have a draw full of numbers of people who want me to call when I reach a certain mark with no cigs.
Today my daughter was in the store to buy some fake flowers wreath, yep they sell those too at this store. A guy came in asking about e-cigs. Told them he heard about them from a friend who had talked to a woman and her mom who had good success with them. The owner of the store told them that woman was lying those things have lots of dangerous chemicals in them and people don't quit smoking when they use them anyway. My daughter politely told the man about this site and I hope he joins.
Guess who is going to be having a talk with a store owner....... :evil:

jacquelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
California
If he was smart he would research e-cigs and start stocking them. If you have a large smoking community he probably can bank of them( as long as he doesn't go overboard in price). Plus he can be saving the town's life....

So weird they grow that in the school:ohmy: what is the average age of smokers in your town

sharpi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Indiana
Too funny. I went into the little store on the corner tonight for a 2 liter of Coke. I used to visit daily for analogs but probably haven't been in there in the last month. The guy working behind the counter said "how have you been is everything ok?" I replied "I quit smoking and started vaping so I guess you have missed me." Then he asked about my friend who I turned on to ecigs when I started in October. I had to tell him that she too had quit analogs. He didn't congratulate me the way people here do. Wonder why?

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Don't feel too bad. even analog store owners that sell e-cigs will lie just to make their main product, real tobacco look better. I was in a TinderBox yesterday and they sell the Encore e-cig. ( The TinderBox is a large well known chain of tobacco smoke shops) I asked the guy about the Encore he sold.. ( it's a Mini) told me the cartridge holds enough juice for two packs of cigarettes. I'm thinking.. yeah.. right... Told me he uses one himself so he knows... I asked him to demonstrate the model. He did. I pull out my 5volt mod with a giant size Vision Extreme from GotVapes and swallow his lil puff in my huge cloud. Told him this tank holds 3.5 ml's and most people vape between 3 and 5 ml's a day. That would be equal to one pack of cigarettes. His little Mini I told him would have to have at least 6 ml's inside of it. I encouraged him not to 1) lie and 2) simply repeat the hype on the e-cig packages without doing his homework. This guy honestly believes that people don't use the e-cig to switch, but rather to only use it when they cannot smoke cigarettes. If this guy is marketing the Encore to people like that he's doing them a grave disservice.

BloodWolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
South Carolina
Too funny. I went into the little store on the corner tonight for a 2 liter of Coke. I used to visit daily for analogs but probably haven't been in there in the last month. The guy working behind the counter said "how have you been is everything ok?" I replied "I quit smoking and started vaping so I guess you have missed me." Then he asked about my friend who I turned on to ecigs when I started in October. I had to tell him that she too had quit analogs. He didn't congratulate me the way people here do. Wonder why?

Im happy for you....so congratulations from the BloodWolf.
People will always fear what they dont understand.

Stormiefury

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Wylie, TX
Im happy for you....so congratulations from the BloodWolf.
People will always fear what they dont understand.

You know I'm not so sure if it's fear with these idiot store owners, more likely it's the selfish money making part of it that drives them to try to keep people smoking. Unless they become a true seller of ecigs like a lot of these new vape shops they will never make the money they lose when people quit smoking and start vaping. And there's always going to be people out there that drive others to do what they want and not what is healthy. Hell isn't that why we have a government? To say one thing but push the opposite because it lines their pockets. That cig tax wasn't to get people to quit, it was to help store owners AND the government.

Stormie:angel:

Hmm, weird. In my country, I would have expected they'd at least carry some disposables or something. The margin on a pack of cigarettes is like 20ct, recently some gasstations even started up their own brand, because the margin was too low for them.. I'd think they'd be able to make much more money from ecigs, and would jump on the bandwagon with crazy dollar signs in their eyes. ;)

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
Tobacco has been a HUGE part of KY and it's economy for SO long it will (IMO) take some time for us to change this, most folks cannot believe we have many places where smoking is still allowed INSIDE of places (bars in particular) though the smoking ban train has began to move it's not managed to encompass many areas/towns as of yet. Add also we can buy smokes for about 1/2 ($4-$5 pack) of what many folks have to pay . I believe a GOOD Vape/E-liquid store would go great in most any town/city in KY so long as prices were good and the owners knew their stuff.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread