lucid dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
I vaped 1 36mg carto per day. If vaping delivers/absorbs 1:1 then 36mg in 18 hours is 2mg per hour. Though I sure there's a loss in delivery, so I'll guess at actually getting 1.5 mg per hour instead of 2. If you add that to the patch 1.5 + 0.875 = 2.375 mg per hour absorbed. Which is about the same nicotine intake as I was smoking

The current consensus based on the limited testing that has been done indicates that ~10% of the nicotine that is vaped is actually absorbed.

Also, if a carto is 36mg, that doesn't mean that it contains a total of 36mg of nic. It means that it contains 36mg of nic PER ml of eliquid. I don't know offhand how many ml's are contained in an average carto. And even if it held exactly 1ml, you would of course not be able to vape it completely dry.

So yeah, it's pretty difficult to compare and contrast exact amounts of nicotine absorbed from the various VERY different delivery methods. Heck, it's hard enough to figure out how much is absorbed from any one given source - it's much harder when you start trying to compare them. How your own brain/body feels (self-titration) is probably the only useful and currently most realistic way to "calculate" it.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I found the following abstract-
Abnorm Psychol. 1991 Nov;100(4):487-91.
Dream of absent-minded transgression: an empirical study of a cognitive withdrawal symptom.

Hajek P, Belcher M.
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Health Behaviour Unit, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom.
Abstract

Among 293 smokers abstinent for between 1 and 4 weeks, 33% reported having at least 1 dream about smoking. In most dreams, subjects caught themselves smoking and felt strong negative emotions, such as panic and guilt. Dreams about smoking were the result of tobacco withdrawal, as 97% of subjects did not have them while smoking, and their occurrence was significantly related to the duration of abstinence. They were rated as more vivid than the usual dreams and were as common as most major tobacco withdrawal symptoms. In subjects abstinent for 1 year, 63% recalled having dreams about smoking. They had on average 5 of them, and about a quarter occurred after the 6th month of abstinence. Having dreams about smoking was prospectively positively related to maintenance of abstinence. An explanation of this finding based on the association of smoking in dreams with aversive emotions is offered.

Emphasis added.

I posted this on the smokeless tobacco section after starting a thread there. I've been having vivid dreams and one very vivid about smoking.

Being a daily snuser plus vaping, I'm inclined to believe it has nothing to do with nicotine withdraw or tobacco. If anything, I'd be more inclined to believe it has more to do with additives in cigarette tobacco or just the changes in habit from smoking cigarettes. I'm certainly getting both nicotine and tobacco specific alkaloids, just not those combusted chemicals that are the mystery of cigarettes. Very interesting subject.

viktor

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Burlington, Canada
Last week or two I've had the best consistent dreams since my childhood, I think. I love the dream world... waking up in the morning feels like leaving a movie theatre. Just for the record, I had one fragment with smoking, guilt etc.

Hard to guess what causes it but it may be worth getting a little nic OD before going to bed and see if the higher nic intake is to thank :) Probably "not advisable" :)

Rev. Redmond Farrier

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
Georgia
While I have had the vivid dreams, I have yet to have a lucid dream which I want to have so very badly. Many years ago, I did a great deal of research on inducing lucid dreams and succeeded in having a few, but never could gain full control of my consciousness in the dreams. They would often recommend a small amount of caffeine and if you used tobacco, nicotine just before sleeping. The dream world is my favorite place to explore since I cannot get out much these days.

Rev. R. Farrier

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Last week or two I've had the best consistent dreams since my childhood, I think. I love the dream world... waking up in the morning feels like leaving a movie theatre. Just for the record, I had one fragment with smoking, guilt etc.

Hard to guess what causes it but it may be worth getting a little nic OD before going to bed and see if the higher nic intake is to thank :) Probably "not advisable" :)
My dreams are like stories too. I really can't have a good day unless I've dreamed the night before. I really have to have a dream in order to feel like I've slept at all. Dreaming is essential to life and memory.

FYI to the whole thread: Lucid doesn't mean just vivid... a Lucid dream is a dream in which you realize you are dreaming and are then able to manipulate your dream environment.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Interesting about Lucid dreams.

I seem to be able to make choices in my dreams, like if I reach a fork in the road I can make a decision whether to go left or right rather than just watch what happens like viewing a film. But I'm not aware that I'm actually dreaming.

Is that considered a Lucid dream?

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Interesting about Lucid dreams.

I seem to be able to make choices in my dreams, like if I reach a fork in the road I can make a decision whether to go left or right rather than just watch what happens like viewing a film. But I'm not aware that I'm actually dreaming.

Is that considered a Lucid dream?

Yes it is. Making conscious efforts in the dream state is what defines Lucidity. (When used in that way at least) I know a lot about lucid dreams, when I was on Effexor for 2 years it was insane how much my dreaming changed. I've always been able to remember every detail of my dreams but before taking Effexor they were simple dreams... while on it I would have these elaborate dreams where I would interact with people of my choice and do basically whatever the hell I wanted to. I've had some amazing ones that I've turned into stories by just writing them down. Effexor permanently changed how I dream. Makes you wonder what big pharma is putting in our pills >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread