Low bridge 801's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tone

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
LI NY
RenaissancePuffer...

That certainly looks quite similar to this atty here - almost identical inside. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and order a few of them at $17 each.

I'm really alright with spending $17 on them if the 6 month warranty holds up. It's actually a better deal than spending $8 on an atty that will last me 1-2 weeks. I'd probably buy 2 of them, that way if one craps out I can have the other to use while I wait for the warranty exchange to complete. In theory, this almost seems like a sound plan.

My only concern is whether they'll be around in the mid to long term to honor the warranty. I kind of hate relying on a single vendor for something so specific and essential. =]

Thanks for taking the time to post the image, that was helpful.
If its the janty model you like, go with the joyetech they produce models for Janty and im sure you can get it cheaper then that.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Interesting Tone - the plot thickens. ;-)

I just went to the joyetech website, and found this image:

2008072118483473499.jpg

I'm thinking that these are probably the 801s, but I've sent them an email to see if I can get some more specific information. I want to know for sure that these are in fact the Kissbox attys before buying a pile of them. Their website doesn't exactly get into much detail. ;-)

Thanks again!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I recently got some of the 302 from Joye. Really, they are great atomizer. Wish I would have picked up 50 of them!!

They are slightly shorter than an 801 atomizer in length, 2 holes at the threads and a good draw. The 801 cartridge doesn't work on them very well (buy carts if you get them or use the old hard tip RN4072 cartridges).

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Tone...

From what I've read, the RN4072 attys are out of production. This is the reason I suspect that the Vaprlife attys may be something else, even if the description is so similar.

What an exhausting puzzle this has become. ;-)

Synthadz--the RN4072 is still alive and kicking--the real problem is that many Suppilers have stopped selling them for what ever reason which is a shame

See electronic cigarette Manufacturer exporting direct from Guangdong China

Sun

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Interesting, Sun Vaporer....

I really wish I actually *knew* which atty I was looking for though. I'm kind of conceptually stranded right now, in all truth.

Is it a low bridge 801? A Joye 302? An RN4072? I don't really know. I just know that I've hated the BE112 as well as the high bridge 801 I tested from Rocky Mountain Vapor. Both of them were like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose, and the small surface area of the actual bridge in both seemed to promote nothing but flooding. I had a wretched experience with each of them.

I'm looking for a smooth, easy draw and a low, flat, rounded bridge that's great for dripping - that's about the extent of my knowledge right now.

I have 10 low bridge 801s coming from Totally Wicked, and 7 low bridge 801s coming from Eastmall, but I'm not certain that either of these is going to give me what I'm looking for.

So, I'm considering hunting down these RN4072s as well as trying a Joye 302 (which I think is the same as the Jany Kissbox atty). What way to turn?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Interesting, Sun Vaporer....

I really wish I actually *knew* which atty I was looking for though. I'm kind of conceptually stranded right now, in all truth.

Is it a low bridge 801? A Joye 302? An RN4072? I don't really know. I just know that I've hated the BE112 as well as the high bridge 801 I tested from Rocky Mountain Vapor. Both of them were like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose, and the small surface area of the actual bridge in both seemed to promote nothing but flooding. I had a wretched experience with each of them.

I'm looking for a smooth, easy draw and a low, flat, rounded bridge - that's about the extent of my knowledge right now.

I have 10 low bridge 801s coming from Totally Wicked, and 7 low bridge 801s coming from Eastmall, but I'm not certain that either of these is going to give me what I'm looking for.

So, I'm considering hunting down these RN4072s as well as trying a Joye 302 (which I think is the same as the Jany Kissbox atty). What way to turn?

Synthnadz--the low bridge that you are looking for is the RN4072---it has an arch shaped, very low profile bridge that is also very thick. All the rest of the 801 styles have a triangle shaped bridge---some sticking up way higher then others.

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks Sun...

One question though: The Janty Kissbox atomizer (there's actually a picture of one in this thread) seems to have the low, thick, 'rounded' bridge that I'm looking for as well, but this is a Joye 302, right?

Synthnadz--that is as close to an RN4072 as you are going to find absent ordering them from China. The 302 is still a little high and pointy compared to an RN4072, but it is as close as you are going to get.

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sun,

I'd be happy to order from China, but I still haven't found a straight-forward source to buy them from. Hell, I already have 7 801s coming from Eastmall that I probably don't want - so I'm not at all opposed to 'ordering in'. Show me a shopping cart and I'll happily fill it with RN4072's. ;-)

Synthnadz--Just hit the contact button with First Union on the link provided and request a quote---I did it.

Sun

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
The best low bridge 801's I've found - and I've tried almost all of them - are from Eastmall.com. The bridges look almost identical to a Joye 302 or a Kissbox, but they have 4 holes and a really smooth draw.

2nd place is the BE112 from Bestecig. These perform very much like the Eastmall 801's, but the bridge is not quite as wide.

The TW 801's (which are RN4072's) and the RMV high bridge 801's were horrible for me. Total flooding machines - not recommended.

After spending a few hundred bucks and countless hours of testing, I've finally found good performing 801's. Now let's see how they hold up. ;-)

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
I would like to add again that in my experience, the best ones are the 302 atomizers from myvaporstore or the eastmall/ecigmall 4-hole. The only difference between them is that the the 4 hole has an easier draw. Personally I like the draw of the 2-hole 302. The ones from totallywicked would be fine if only they didn't constantly flood and leak, this happened to me constantly and is VERY annoying when you reach in your pocket to grab the sucker and you are greeted with a hand full of juice and a stain on your pocket. Never had issues of flooding or leaking with the first 2 atomizers mentioned though. Live and learn I suppose =\

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
My two Janty Kissbox Classics have only 3 threads. They also use Carts that have little vertical ridges around the bottom of the black mouthpiece. Unfortunately these Janty Carts tend to lose their shape after the first use so refilling is often a no go as the cart won't go back in the atty. All the 801's and RN4072'S I've got have 4 threads.
The TW 801's do not have a warranty because they usually die very quickly and leak. I don't have a good camera or i would take pictures of all my atty's inside and out. None of mine apart from the Janty's have anything written on them at all.
Also i've found that an 801 or RN4072 will work in a Janty Stick but once used in it they will not work with any other Battery. That includes the Janty Passthrough. :confused: I would like the Original 1 hole RN4072 but they seem to have gone. Their now all 2 hole.
Let's face it, their all hit and miss.

I think these might actually be RN4072's. They have a low bridge and no markings on the atomisers (801's all have SLB and some other numbers etched onto them). The cartridge on RN4072's is a bit longer than the 801's. I've found the RN4072 does a good job of draining cartridges if you use the right ones, unlike the high bridge 801's. For me the 801's are very good for dripping, no good for carts..
I'm finding there is a lot of (sometimes confusing) info on the various iterations of the dse801 attys and carts.. I received my kit about a week ago and contrary to all of the wonderful reviews I read about this thing, It rather sucks compared to my 510 and even my 901. With a full cart I got maybe 3 or 4 good hits then nothing! The attys that came with the kit appear to be low bridge and I think that is the problem. It appears that the bridge is just not penetrating the filler enough to promote proper wicking. Rather than give up completely(as I had also sunk substantial $ into 3 extra batts and a .... ton of carts) I ordered 2 more attys from a different supplier. One was a supposedly new and improved low bridge 801, and the other was a Joye302 atty. I got the same results with the new 801 atty - pretty much nothing! The 302 atty at least works I think due to the fact that it is about 1/8 inch shorter, thus allowing the cart to get farther into the atty. But the vapor and throat hit are still inferior to my 510 and 901. At this point I don't know whether I should keep experimenting with attys and carts or not. I have already ordered thread adapters so I can use my 801 batts with my other e-cigs, so not all is lost. Also I read a post on here somewhere that there are different length carts for the high and low bridge attys. Is this true? I have not found any suppliers that make any differentiation as to what style atty their carts are for. At this point if I try anything I think I will try a high bridge and see if I get any better results.

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
It seems that myvaporstore stocks low-bridge atomizers now. Anyone know how they compare to the 302s? Can you use the 302 cartridges with them?

Yup, that is where I get my low-bridge 801 atties: myvaporstore. They ship in 2 or 3 days and have good prices as well. Great liquid too! I highly recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread