Difference in Low vs High bridge 801 attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I am looking to order some more 801 attys and i notice there are High and Low bridge ones offered ( 801 vs RN4072 ) now i assume the RN4072 works on all 801 devices it is just a " low bridge" but in all honesty i am not sure what that means?

How do the 2 compare? I drip at 5 volts ( Prodigy, USB PT ) using a 801 High Bridge atty ( no carts, just a tip )

How do the RN4072 compare? what is the difference? i am a bit lost.

Thanks!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Maf ...

It really just comes down to user prefernce. We used to only carry RN4072 penstyles - People loved them - We saw a high number of DOA's however, so when we switched to just carrying atomizers, we moved to the DSE801 series. Then I started getting requests again for the RN4072 atomizers, so now I just carry both to please everyone :)

If you're happy with DSE maf, stick with them. If you want to try an RN, go for it. Never hurts to try :)

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the reply! Well i mean, i never tried or even seen a RN4072, are they smaller? or? I dont understand what they mean by High and Low bridge. I think i read somewhere the the heating element ( if thats what you call it ) is higher up on the 801s and on the RN4072 there lower down? is this correct? or? i am just confused as what are the differences in them really.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Main Difference = 2 different manufacturers.

DSE = Sailebao
RN = First Union

Differences:
RN4072 - Lower Bridge, A bit of a tighter draw. I feel are better for dripping.
DSE801 - High Bridge, A bit of a looser draw. I feel are better for cartridge use.

Similarities:
Both Penstyles
Have Same Threads
Same Size

Hopefully that helps a bit maf! :) There are probably other subtle differences ... i think the RN runs a bit *cooler* with a higher resistance than DSE ... but that may also be the lot we have!

Timbrin

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
I bought a 5 pack of RN4072 when my regular supply ran out of my usual DSE801 attys.

I could have had a bad batch but I was very disappointed in the RNs, when plugged into my classic batteries they were terrible only producing half the vapour of a 801, all 5 were the same.

Luckily they work fine on my USB PT. There seems to be no difference between a RN4072 and DSE801 when used with a USB PT but a huge difference when used with a normal ecig classic battery.

Like I said I could have had a bad batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread