• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Lounging By The Beach - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hello JJ!! :)

So cute....

She's a blast! She's so funny and she makes me laugh with her antics. She scampers when I come in a room, then does that arched back sideways walk at me, with her tail in the air, like she's gonna get me. Now, she hides behind things and jumps out at me. I love playing with her.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
If you have a minute, what did you learn about the T100, T200, and the T and TX300?
I think the T300 might be the way to go, although it seems that as a "unit" in laptop configuration, the usb port is used by the keyboard. The keyboard also only charges when in laptop configuration...which seems pretty dumb, if you ask me...

I think I need to play with one IRL before I decide and shop. I'll still look around to see what else is available...and by then they'll probably release the updated version of the TX :lol:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I think the T300 might be the way to go, although it seems that as a "unit" in laptop configuration, the usb port is used by the keyboard. The keyboard also only charges when in laptop configuration...which seems pretty dumb, if you ask me...

I think I need to play with one IRL before I decide and shop. I'll still look around to see what else is available...and by then they'll probably release the updated version of the TX :lol:

That's the RW for ya. :lol:

You could always charge the keyboard via USB on something like an iPhone 2 Amp Wall Wort Adapter, with the Type-A USB plug on it. That's the rectangular plug with squared edges. But if the T300 is plugged in to power, then it's not draining your battery.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
That's the RW for ya. :lol:

You could always charge the keyboard via USB on something like an iPhone 2 Amp Wall Wort Adapter, with the Type-A USB plug on it. That's the rectangular plug with squared edges. But if the T300 is plugged in to power, then it's not draining your battery.
If I've been reading the user reviews correctly, you have to plug the two parts together to charge the keyboard....I just figured there is something in the firmware to require that... I don't know...this is where I start to get lost :lol:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
If I've been reading the user reviews correctly, you have to plug the two parts together to charge the keyboard....I just figured there is something in the firmware to require that... I don't know...this is where I start to get lost :lol:

Oh, so it's not a separate keyboard. I know nothing about these devices. Best Buy didn't have one for me to look at, and I didn't look at the other brands they had because you wanted ASUS. Maybe I can research the T300 and this issue, if you're pretty sure that's what you want.

It would more likely be something in the connector between the two, rather than the firmware.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Oh, so it's not a separate keyboard. I know nothing about these devices. Best Buy didn't have one for me to look at, and I didn't look at the other brands they had because you wanted ASUS. Maybe I can research the T300 and this issue, if you're pretty sure that's what you want.
The problem is that it is a separate keyboard...which apparently plugs into the tablet...especially when you have to charge the keyboard. What I think is strange is that the keyboard can be used to type on the tablet when they are separated, but you have to plug them together to charge the keyboard??? :confused: What kind of engineering geek logic is that??? :lol:

I'm not completely sold on the T300, but the "professional" reviews and user reviews are almost all very good. Some say that there isn't a better device out there. So, I figure I'll check it out in person. If I think it's worth it, I might buy one...or I might to decide to wait until something better hits the market.

I thought it would be nice to have a smaller device to take to work, but since wifi at my current job is slower than dial up I'm not in a huge rush to go out and buy something that works better than the wifi at work :laugh:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
The problem is that it is a separate keyboard...which apparently plugs into the tablet...especially when you have to charge the keyboard. What I think is strange is that the keyboard can be used to type on the tablet when they are separated, but you have to plug them together to charge the keyboard??? :confused: What kind of engineering geek logic is that??? :lol:

I'm not completely sold on the T300, but the "professional" reviews and user reviews are almost all very good. Some say that there isn't a better device out there. So, I figure I'll check it out in person. If I think it's worth it, I might buy one...or I might to decide to wait until something better hits the market.

I thought it would be nice to have a smaller device to take to work, but since wifi at my current job is slower than dial up I'm not in a huge rush to go out and buy something that works better than the wifi at work :laugh:

I guess the keyboard charging issue depends on there the battery is. Let me know if you get more serious about the T300, and I'll look into it for you, about being able to charge the keyboard via USB via other means. Maybe there's a special adapter that would be required for that, but not too hard to acquire or build.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
My bad... not where the battery is, but the charging module that charges either or both batteries.

For example, that charging module may be inside the laptop body and not the tablet body.
:lol: Oddly, I followed that part! :lol:

I think I'd need to play with the T300 in person. Of course, I'll do more reading before I settle on anything. I tend to research these purchases to death, and still can find something I don't like about them :laugh: I do like my Sony overall, and it is a good 'puter, but there are several things I'd change about it....starting with their horrific proprietary software...

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
:lol: Oddly, I followed that part! :lol:

I think I'd need to play with the T300 in person. Of course, I'll do more reading before I settle on anything. I tend to research these purchases to death, and still can find something I don't like about them :laugh: I do like my Sony overall, and it is a good 'puter, but there are several things I'd change about it....starting with their horrific proprietary software...

Sony and Toshiba are really bad about proprietary junkware. :grr: And nothing is perfect. I think it's very wise to research every aspect, and read every review. You'll find something you like, and if it's the T300, I'll be glad to look into that keyboard thing for you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread