hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It’s been a while since I’ve done a review for Lost Vape but here I am now with the new Centaurus M200 Mod Kit. I will do my best to provide you with a fair, honest, and hopefully informative review on this new mod. Like many other mods from Lost Vape it uses the Quest chipset but this one isn’t your usual three button setup like they have been using. It’s my understanding that you can buy just the mod or you can buy a kit with the mod and the Centaurus Sub Ohm tank included. I was just sent the mod and that’s fine with me. I have plenty of tanks. The M200 has an output range of 5-200 watts while using dual 18650 batteries. The mod is made of aluminum alloy and stainless steel to give you a pretty lightweight device despite it being a little bit of a big mod measuring at 93 x 56.7 x 26mm. It has an output range of .7-10V so it does have buck boost for those that look for that in a mod. Both side panels are removable and can be swapped between sides or between different mods. It’s a fairly simplistic mod but is a powerhouse and has a really different way of controlling the output that I’ll talk about more later.

ja0LJRZ.jpg

VnT8Q5L.jpg

EHbm97H.jpg

vO0OXw5.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1pc Centaurus M200 Mod
    1pc USB Type-C Cable
    1pc User Manual

KFwTluP.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS and FEATURES:

Chipset: Quest 2.0

• Dimensions: 93mm by 56.7mm by 26mm

• Battery Compatibility: Dual 18650 Batteries - Not Included

• Wattage Range: 5-200W

• Voltage Range: 0.7-10V

• Resistance Range: 0.1-5.0ohm

• Temperature Range: 200°-600°F / 100°-315°C

• Wire Compatibility: Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel

• Display Screen: 0.96" OLED Screen

• Chassis Material: Aluminum-Alloy & Stainless Steel

• Magnetic Battery Door

• Threaded 510 Connection

• Short-Circuit Protection

• Low Battery Protection

• Temperature Protection

• 10s Overtime Protection

IpgaSxU.jpg

VXtOLh0.jpg

bBlsho5.jpg

ujpAMlb.jpg

0Fvzve8.jpg

gYu8Uxj.jpg

6ZrvwwK.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Centaurus M200 is very nice indeed. On the outer sleeve is a really nice color picture of the device contained inside. The one I received is the Pink Planet. I’m assuming that the packaging for the other colors won’t have a pink background like mine does. On the back side is a list of contents, warning, authenticity code, and a bar code with the color version named on it.

1667161179820.png

1667161213673.png

Once the outer sleeve is removed then I was greeted by a very impressive black box. Well done Lost Vape! The front of the box has the Centaurus symbol in the center in gold surrounded by the words “Lost Vape M200” in a circular pattern around the symbol also in gold. Very impressively done.

The box top is split in two halves and once opened exposes the very nice Centaurus M200. I have to say that the pink version would probably have been my last choice but I don’t get to pick the color for review samples. I’m just thankful to have received a sample. There is also a USB-C charging cable included inside the box beside the Centaurus.

1667161251094.png

1667161276978.png

The two side panels of the M200 are identical besides one side having the Lost Vape name on it and the other has Centaurus on it and are both removable. They have a design stamped into the aluminum panels with the Centaurus symbols in the center in silver to make them stand out nicely. On the back side of each is two magnets to hold them on securely and there is no rattle.

Since I’ve included the battery side in the pictures, I’ll point out that there is a battery release strap that makes changing batteries easier and the Lost Vape name is printed on it. The battery polarity is clearly marked inside the compartment by having the polarity signs molded into the plastic so you don’t have to worry about the markings wearing off. The Lost Vape name is molded into the top of the opening and is marked on the side with “Designed and manufactured by Lost Vape “.

The third picture below shows the side opposite the battery compartment which is just a solid black panel once the pink side cover is removed. At the base you can see a notch cut out which the mod has on both sides to allow the user to get a fingernail under to pop off the side panel. I am guessing that Lost Vape will start selling different side panels to be purchased separately but don’t know that for sure.

1667161325267.png

1667161357760.png

1667161388504.png

The 510 connection on top of the mod is centered to allow up to a 26mm tank to fit with no overhang. The 510 connection plate is held in securely with three torx head screws. It appears to be made of stainless steel while the center pin is gold plated and spring loaded. I wonder if the three screws are secured underneath or just threaded into the aluminum body? The reason this came to mind is I know that aluminum is soft and if you overtighten a screw in it then it can strip the threads.

1667161432670.png

Now let’s take a look at the front of the mod. At the top is the 3-in-1 Jog Dial Interface. The M200 uses an upgraded Quest 2.0 chip so you won’t see the usual three button configuration that we’ve seen many times on Lost Vape mods. Instead there is a knurled ring that is a 360 degree rotational wheel (potentiometer) that you use to adjust the wattage by turning clockwise to increase and counter clockwise to decrease. The reason it’s called a 3-in-1 is that it is also a push to fire button as well as incorporating an LED battery level indicator. One of my first concerns was changing the wattage while pressing the fire button or handling the mod but you can press the fire button three times to lock the adjustment. The battery level indicator has five different colors which might confuse some. Luckily there are two battery level indicators on the display. The M200 is a wattage only mod. The display shows the following information.

• Two battery level indicators with percentages shown also
    • Lost Vape name
    • Set wattage
    • Coil resistance
    • Length of time of current puff
    • Puff Counter
    The M200 I received is a sample and does not include it but on production models there will be two different modes which are Normal Mode and RDA DIY mode. Below the display screen is a sideways sliding switch that can be used to turn the mod on or off completely. Slide to the right to turn it on and slide to the left to turn it off. Below that is the USB-C charging port.

The wattage adjustment on the M200 is not linear. It adjusts in three incremental steps as follows.

• 0-39 watts = 1W change
    • 40-98 watts= 2W change
    • 99-200 watts= 5W change
    When you reach 200 watts then the mod will round robin by continuing to turn the adjustment wheel. The five different colors for the battery level indication on the LED ring are as follows.

• 0-20% = Red
    • 20-40% = White
    • 40-60% = Blue
    • 60-80% =Green
    • 80-100% = Purple(looks pink to me)
    FF926fp.jpg

1667161510111.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think that Lost Vape has done a very nice job on the Centaurus M200. From the very nice package to the well-executed appearance, the M200 is a powerhouse mod with minimalistic controls. I think that they realize that the majority of vapers use wattage output mode so after upgrading the Quest 2.0 chip they have delivered a wattage mode only mod and instead of the three button interface normally found with that chipset, they have designed the 3 in 1 Jog Dial Interface. This type interface allows the user to manipulate the controls with one hand and no need to press multiple buttons at the same time to access features. I received a review sample so it does not have the RDA Mode and cannot do the three presses of the fire button to lock the adjustment but production models will.

The two side panels of the mod are interchangeable and from what I understand, separate side panels will be available for purchase at a later time. It has a 26mm solid framing and the body and panels are made of aluminum to make it lightweight despite being a fairly large mod. I don’t have large hands so found the mod a little wide to hold at first but have quickly become accustomed to it. The protruding 3 in 1 fire button also took a little getting used to as I’m used to most mods where the fire button is nearly flush with the body of the mod.

So, would I recommend the Lost Vape Centaurus M200 for you? If you’re looking for a lightweight dual battery mod with a pretty darn cool fire button and what I consider to be nice aesthetics then yes I would. It’s a straight up wattage mod that does what it’s supposed to do and looks pretty cool while it’s doing it.

I’d like to thank Lost Vape and Bella for sending the Lost Vape Centaurus M200 for this review even though they sent a pink version. Just kidding. Also thanks again to the readers. Below is a link to the Lost Vape website for your viewing pleasure.

Centaurus M200 - Lost Vape
    3Fcdsr4.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Mate :thumb:
    And they gave you just the colour that you wanted:laugh:
    Ha ha! I would have picked any color but pink. I already preordered a blue one and might have someone on FB that wants to trade the pink for black.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Reactions: Letitia

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Why the hatin' on pink? :) Pink & 'Splatoon' would be my top choices.

Hmm? The red, white, & blue pattern is named 'Dying Light' ... a little dig at the USA from the PRC, perhaps?
    I simply don’t like pink anything whether it’s a mod or a piece of clothing. Blue is my favorite but am sure there are people that don’t like blue.

• Love
    Reactions: MLEJ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread