Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello folks and welcome to today's review of the Centaurus M200 Kit featuring the Centaurus Sub Ohm tank by Lost Vape. This kit was sent to me from Sourcemore and at the end of my review I will give a coupon code if purchased from Sourcemore saving you some money. Let me start off with a brief description of the M200 Mod, it's a dual 18650 battery device that is very lightweight having a aluminum alloy body weighing in at 150 grams without batteries or tank. Maximum power output is 200 watts and it has 2 power modes and uses a adjustment jog dial instead of buttons, the only button is the fire button used for that function only. The M200 utilizes a manual on/off switch. Lets get some information on the Centaurus M200 device and Centaurus Sub Ohm tank before I give you my findings on this kit, the good, bad and ugly if any.

1675608450387.png

COLOR CHOICES

1675607880021.png

1675607900153.png

1675607916054.png

IN THE BOX

1675608181159.png

SPECIFICATIONS

1675608282645.png

FEATURES

* Power Range: 5-200W

* Quest 2.0 Chip

* Input Current: 1A-40A

* Output Voltage: 0.7V-10V

* Battery Voltage: 3.0V-4.2V

* Battery: Dual 18650 Battery (Not Included)

* Body Material: Aluminum Alloy & Stainless Steels

* Input Voltage: 6.0V-8.4V

* Screen Pixel: 0.96 inch 80*160

* Type C Fast Charging

* Replaceable Side Panels

1675608513404.png

LIGHTWEIGHT

1675610364838.png

1675610393677.png

CHANGEABLE SIDE PANELS

1675610565135.png

• Informative
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging isn't a big deal when talking about Pod styled systems but when it's a full sized mod and tank I like nice packaging to start my journey off and Lost Vape did just that with the Centaurus M200 Kit. Inside a outer sleeve box is the main box holding the mod, tank, spare bubble glass, charge cord, spares pack of O-Rings, user manual warranty registration card and 2 coils ( UB MAX X3 0.3Ω MESH COIL ) and ( UB MAX XI 0.5Ω MESH COIL ). This is a really nice looking kit and the tank matches the mod perfectly. Styling of the Silver Centaurus against the Black background is nice.

20230201_132148.jpg

20230201_132503.jpg

20230201_132329.jpg

20230203_144908.jpg

20230201_133123 (1).jpg

The front housing the batteries has the Centaurus logo on the door panel with LOST VAPE printed at the very bottom of the panel, the same holes true for the backside but Centaurus is printed at the bottom, branding is minimal on both panels and I like that, panels connect using magnets.

Battery polarity is marked on the sled but I wish it was White in color for easier visibility. 2 Gold spring loaded contacts are at the top of the sled, batteries need to be inserted top first because of the spring loaded contacts. Lost Vape included a ribbon for easier removal of batteries.

20230201_145344.jpg

20230202_140916.jpg

At the top of the device it has a centered 510 connection and really sets the look, if the 510 was offset to either corner I think it would have hurt the appearance. The 510 spring is heavily tensioned but has a nice amount of travel to it.

Lost Vape says a 26mm atomizer will fit and it does with just a bit of overhang, if using a atomizer other than the Centaurus use a 25.5mm to avoid overhang. The bottom of the Centaurus as well as the side without the jog dial and on/off switch is plain and free of any lettering.

20230202_141406.jpg

The front face of the device's display screen seems to be large enough and it is but not all of it is used, a good amount of the top, bottom, and each side seem to have been shrunk down forming a outer bezel of blankness causing the fonts to be on the small side and brightness being just OK.

Normally 5 quick presses of the fire button turns a device on or off but this is not the case with the Centaurus M200, instead a dedicated on/off switch is used. The only button on the device is the 3 in 1 jog dial with a illuminated outer bezel when pressed.

The device has a battery bar, battery percentage and the colored lights of the jog dial for battery capacity, I'm happy this feature is on the mod because of my aging eyes. ( all I have to do is press the jog dial to see battery capacity ).

20230205_064820 (1).jpg

20230205_062531 (1).jpg

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I don't know why Lost Vape included a DIY power mode along with the normal power mode because it does nothing different from the normal mode other than show you the voltage applied and is Red in color. I think Lost Vape was going to include TC on this device and changed their minds in the end.

20230205_064820.jpg

20230205_072103.jpg

20230205_071952.jpg

The Centaurus Sub Ohm Tank is a great flavor producer with silky smooth airflow that has a range of being able to breath through it to a very RDL vape. The tank uses top air meaning little chance of leaks, it is also a top fill tank with 2 large fill ports and uses a quarter turn top cap.

20230202_141307.jpg

20230203_170844 (1).jpg

The Centaurus Sub Ohm tank uses UB Coils and the 2 that are included are great in the flavor production department as well as vapor, I warn you ahead of time to put a fan on when using the Centaurus Tank in a closed room.

The UB Max X3 mesh coil ohm's out at 0.3Ω and has a range of 40 - 60 watts while the UB Max X1 mesh coil ohms out at 0.15Ω and has a range of 80 - 120 watts. Both coils are great performers and don't need to be driven as high as their max wattage rating.

I get a great vape from the 0.3Ω coil at between 45 - 48 watts while the sweet spot on the 0.15Ω is actually under the minimum of 80 watts, I really like it at 78 watts. Flavor is rich and saturated on both coils but I like the 0.15Ω UB mesh coil better.

20230203_155823.jpg

Hand feel and fit is what you would expect from a full sized box mod but having all the corners nicely rounded off and free of any sharp edges it's very comfortable to use. Panels are very secure with no movement. Having a jog dial took a little getting used to but it's fast and very responsive. Being such a simple to use device being wattage only and not really having any menu is a big plus as well.

To lock the device apart from just turning it on/off with the switch is 3 quick presses of the jog dial, the change modes from normal to DIY or vice versa is 5 quick presses of the jog dial. Having a color coded color menu on the illuminated jog dial is a really big plus for me.

1675637439632.png

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I think Lost Vape did a really nice job with this kit and the only cons I have for it is the charge cord is super short and I wish the entire display screen was utilized making the font size larger and easier to see.

I don't get the DIY mode and why it's even on this device, as I said earlier Lost Vape was probably going to include TC on the chipsets firmware and decided against it at the last minute.

If your looking for a full sized Mod and great Sub Tank in kit form that's super easy to operate then this is a great choice for you. The whole kit is a winner in my book and I do recommend it 100%.

20230204_132401.jpg

I mentioned at the start of my review I would leave a coupon code for this kit if purchased at Sourcemore and the code is LCMK dropping the price down to $50.79.

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the Centaurus M200 Kit for the purpose of my review and I hope I answered all your questions about the Centaurus M00 Kit by Lost Vape.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Good review buddy.
    Had me waiting and refreshing the page so i could read the whole thing hehe.

I didn't know the colors of the screen changed depending on the color of the mod,in my case (Golden Knight) its like a weird brownish color.
    Black mod with the blue UI does look better than mine,brownish UI is just bland...

DIY mode is the same thou,same red as yours,about the DIY mode i think Vic said the same thing you were saying,they were thinking of going with TC but then changed their minds right before the release of the product.

I didn't try the tank thou,when i bought it i got only the mod since i wanted a gold type combo and the tanks are all the same color invariably of what color mod you get so i ended up getting the Hellbeast 2 in gold,looks pretty good.

Only real cons i had when i posted my video review was the screen which felt a bit smallish and the on/off switch,just felt a bit plasticky and it wouldn't go all the way to the left or right.
    Small gap on either side which is not really a big con,more like my OCD in full throttle hehe.

Cheers

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Good review buddy.
    Had me waiting and refreshing the page so i could read the whole thing hehe.

I didn't know the colors of the screen changed depending on the color of the mod,in my case (Golden Knight) its like a weird brownish color.
    Black mod with the blue UI does look better than mine,brownish UI is just bland...

DIY mode is the same thou,same red as yours,about the DIY mode i think Vic said the same thing you were saying,they were thinking of going with TC but then changed their minds right before the release of the product.

I didn't try the tank thou,when i bought it i got only the mod since i wanted a gold type combo and the tanks are all the same color invariably of what color mod you get so i ended up getting the Hellbeast 2 in gold,looks pretty good.

Only real cons i had when i posted my video review was the screen which felt a bit smallish and the on/off switch,just felt a bit plasticky and it wouldn't go all the way to the left or right.
    Small gap on either side which is not really a big con,more like my OCD in full throttle hehe.

Cheers
    Thanks my friend, your like I am ( matchy, matchy ) with tanks and mods. I really wish they would have used the entire display screen as well.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I've been looking all day trying to find a pic of a green one i saw one day and i think i deleted the pic,shame it was a pretty good green color...close to Army green type.

m200.JPG

3 more colors :)
    Sorcerer Magic/Interstellar look pretty nice.
    Interstellar with a black or gold tank on top and the Interstellar would look nice with a silver one on top.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I've been looking all day trying to find a pic of a green one i saw one day and i think i deleted the pic,shame it was a pretty good green color...close to Army green type.

View attachment 989974

3 more colors :)
    Sorcerer Magic/Interstellar look pretty nice.
    Interstellar with a black or gold tank on top and the Interstellar would look nice with a silver one on top.
    I looked for you also but came up empty as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread