Looks like a Provari for me wasnt ment to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Treats are his favorite part of taking meds.

He looks forward to his meds twice a day... I trick him.

Haha! Yes! I have a foster dog with a genetic autoimmune disorder and she takes a human medication twice a day. We call it her "cheese meds." We use grated cheddar cheese, warm it up in the hands and squish it flat, then put the pill in it and fold it over. She loves it. I throw some grated cheese on the floor for the other dogs so they don't feel left out. :)

She's been with us since September but my boyfriend's sister has fallen hard for her - she brought her own pup over to spend a few hours here to see how they got along and it went okay, so the next step is for the foster to stay with her for a weekend and if it goes well Baby Girl has a home. We're happy that she may stay in the family so we can still see her (my daughter especially adores her). She will perhaps never be a normal dog - she's the product of bad breeding and really lost the roll of the genetic dice - but she's such a sweet, happy little soul. To think she was almost euthanized (pulled the day she was scheduled for it) is really sad.

This is her now and then: https://www.facebook.com/LNPB0611/posts/3986166267811?stream_ref=10

The rescue I foster for is an 11th hour rescue that steps in when no one else will and takes the senior dogs abandoned at the shelter by their owners for being "too old," the hard medical cases, the terminally ill... they are really great so if anyone wants to put them on their Christmas list I can highly recommend them. :) I've seen firsthand the incredible work they do.

Leave No Paws Behind, Inc. | Leave No Paws Behind, Inc..

And here's my Barley, wishing Marley a speedy recovery. :) That's a drawing of him in my avatar too. Mr. Growley and Molly send their best wishes too.

12872274644_ee49507c70.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I hope I got everyone “liked,” that was my intention but I’m crying pretty hard. Nothing compares to dog/animal people. Okay, cat people are… kidding.

Please check your PMs!

My partner and I are dog lovers extraordinaire. Our home is now wall to wall Costco dog cushions and wall to wall Greyhounds (and one unbelievable Borzoi). And I swear we could plaster our entire living room with 12 years of vet bills.

On another note, in my hand I am holding your ProVari. It is used, but has been well loved and works great!

Thank you for thinking of Marley first.

I lost it here. Unabashedly blubbering. Klee, that is so generous, so awesome, such a generous gesture and the ProVari ain’t bad either. Kidding. Thank you for giving 5150Marley the ProVari but also caring for those dogs. You and your partner are awesome people that give some of us reassurance that the world hasn’t gone off its axis yet and there is still hope out there. Thank you for all you do. We need so many more just like you.

Haha! Yes! I have a foster dog with a genetic autoimmune disorder and she takes a human medication twice a day. We call it her "cheese meds." We use grated cheddar cheese, warm it up in the hands and squish it flat, then put the pill in it and fold it over. She loves it. I throw some grated cheese on the floor for the other dogs so they don't feel left out. :)

She's been with us since September but my boyfriend's sister has fallen hard for her - she brought her own pup over to spend a few hours here to see how they got along and it went okay, so the next step is for the foster to stay with her for a weekend and if it goes well Baby Girl has a home. We're happy that she may stay in the family so we can still see her (my daughter especially adores her). She will perhaps never be a normal dog - she's the product of bad breeding and really lost the roll of the genetic dice - but she's such a sweet, happy little soul. To think she was almost euthanized (pulled the day she was scheduled for it) is really sad.

This is her now and then: https://www.facebook.com/LNPB0611/posts/3986166267811?stream_ref=10

The rescue I foster for is an 11th hour rescue that steps in when no one else will and takes the senior dogs abandoned at the shelter by their owners for being "too old," the hard medical cases, the terminally ill... they are really great so if anyone wants to put them on their Christmas list I can highly recommend them. :) I've seen firsthand the incredible work they do.

Leave No Paws Behind, Inc. | Leave No Paws Behind, Inc..

And here's my Barley, wishing Marley a speedy recovery. :) That's a drawing of him in my avatar too. Mr. Growley and Molly send their best wishes too.

12872274644_ee49507c70.jpg

Coelli, the same goes for you. Thank you for being there for them. How wonderful that you are able to foster these wonderful, loyal animals. I’m just in awe of you.

HawaiiVPR, that photo looks nauseatingly familiar. Glad your pup bounced out the other end well but I guess no easy trips though TSA scanner for the poor baby. So glad the surgery went well.

Klee, again, thank you so much for your assistance to 5159Marley. I know they appreciate it and it sure made my day.

5159Marley, happy vaping. :)

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Please check your PMs!

My partner and I are dog lovers extraordinaire. Our home is now wall to wall Costco dog cushions and wall to wall Greyhounds (and one unbelievable Borzoi). And I swear we could plaster our entire living room with 12 years of vet bills.

On another note, in my hand I am holding your ProVari. It is used, but has been well loved and works great!

Thank you for thinking of Marley first.

Another AMAZING person here on ECF!!!!!!

As I have said before, this group is made up of the most wonderful and generous people. I always love to see someone who is concerned with helping others who truly have a need.

You are AWESOME!!!!!!!

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Damn Marley even gets a treat he will like that..:drool:

I get a cookie sheet and put globs of peanut butter on the sheet and put the pills in the globs... then I put the sheet in the freezer.

When its pill time I grab one and Marley gets a frozen peanut butter treat and I dont have to pry open his mouth to give him the pill.

Its WIN/WIN for both of us.... now the liquid medicine is another story.

I am going to try this. I use cream cheese for meds--I have a pharmacy here between dogs with heart issues, dogs with thyrod issues, a Cushings dog, and two diabetic ones. Pill pockets and such would cost a fortune, and the cream cheese seems to work. But I am betting that peanut butter would make them all happy campers.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
I am going to try this. I use cream cheese for meds--I have a pharmacy here between dogs with heart issues, dogs with thyrod issues, a Cushings dog, and two diabetic ones. Pill pockets and such would cost a fortune, and the cream cheese seems to work. But I am betting that peanut butter would make them all happy campers.

I just poke the pills down her throat. But her throat is as big as my wrist. I can do it before she knows what's happening :). Then give her a treat afterwards.

Tina in FL

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
I am holding your ProVari. It is used, but has been well loved and works great!

Its like Klee was peeping over my shoulder when I was on the Provari site...

She said its a black satin ProVari with a blue LED...It will come with a regular end cap and an extension cap plus two 18650 batteries.

Cant wait till it comes and I can use it...:vapor:

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Its like Klee was peeping over my shoulder when I was on the Provari site...

She said its a black satin ProVari with a blue LED...It will come with a regular end cap and an extension cap plus two 18650 batteries.

Cant wait till it comes and I can use it...:vapor:

Yay!!!! So excited for you. Post pics when it arrives :)

Tina in FL

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
I hope you have a charger. Also, congratulations on your new (gently used) gift.

I have a Nitecore i4... Im almost positive it will work.

Do you need any topper tanks for your new Provari? Murphy and I would like to contribute if that is a need!

Topper tanks? What are those?

I have two protanks and a few mini protanks (dont think they will fit on the provari w/out an adaptor)..

I was thinking I might need some new protanks or something? I already have a few of the kanger coils...

Dont really have much experience with anything other than the Kanger tanks... I just want a tank that wont leak or be a pain to maintain.

I know I will need an 18490 batt.. but thats not a big deal it will give me a reason to visit my local B&M vape shop.

Great pic of Murphy..

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Do you need any topper tanks for your new Provari? Murphy and I would like to contribute if that is a need!
Awesome photo. How'd you find a tribble that matched his fur coloring? It looks cute sitting on Murph's head. :p

Also, see my edit to my post above. I made a better sig for the OP.

Last edited:

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I have a Nitecore i4... Im almost positive it will work.

Topper tanks? What are those?

I have two protanks and a few mini protanks (dont think they will fit on the provari w/out an adaptor)..

I was thinking I might need some new protanks or something? I already have a few of the kanger coils...

Dont really have much experience with anything other than the Kanger tanks... I just want a tank that wont leak or be a pain to maintain.

I know I will need an 18490 batt.. but thats not a big deal it will give me a reason to visit my local B&M vape shop.

Great pic of Murphy..

Your Protanks should work fine without an adapter--but the minis won't. I was referring to 'toppers' in general. If you would like to try a carto tank--pm me your address and I will send one to you with a few cartos as well.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Awesome photo. How'd you find a tribble that matched his fur coloring? It looks cute sitting on Murph's head. :p

Also, see my edit to my post above. I made a better sig for the OP.

Ha Ha--Murphy wears a top knot so that he can see :) he sits patiently for me to 'do his hair' every morning. Hint Hint--I would love a signature that included my other hobby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread