Looking to upgrade from my vision spinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
You really should consider the MVP 2.0 if you are looking to upgrade from your Spinner. It is on sale on a couple of sites and you cannot beat the 2-3 day battery life and the functionality. No need for extra batteries or a charger. It's all self contained in a powerful little package. Some are put off by the box-mod style, but I tell you what, it just freaking works. I have been rebuilding my Protank heads for a while now and just love that I can easily check them on my MPV. I finally have my build just where I want it with GRAND results. Good luck to you!

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
hahah yeah I just don't really like the look of box-mods :blush: Don't really know why but I like the look of tube style more, but I think after this first mod purchase I'll probably at least get one to try it out, especially since they aren't crazy expensive and have internal batteries

Edit: second attempt at rebuild is a success, well the battery wont shut it self off if I try to fire it now, and I think something may be loose as there's a high pitched whistle when I take a draw hahah

Last edited:

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
hahah yeah I just don't really like the look of box-mods :blush: Don't really know why but I like the look of tube style more, but I think after this first mod purchase I'll probably at least get one to try it out, especially since they aren't crazy expensive and have internal batteries

Edit: second attempt at rebuild is a success, well the battery wont shut it self off if I try to fire it now, and I think something may be loose as there's a high pitched whistle when I take a draw hahah

No worries, not everyone digs the box mod. Be careful with those rebuilds! You don't want to fry your batteries! What materials are you using to rebuild your heads?

Jp20

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2013
Victorville, Ca.
I have a Vamo v2. First device, sentimental value, cant get rid of it:p . im guilty of mod abuse, and have chucked the thing against the wall, dropped it and have broken the wires inside many times. Its simple to fix, if you know how to solder. its really tall though!! its real easy to knock over. my brother has the vamo v3 and the mvp 2. Im not a fan of the outside look of the v3 over the v2, but I have to say the display screen is a lot nicer. the mvp 2 is way awesome though. It looks real spiffy with my Igo l on it. It would probably look good with my brothers Igo w but it wont fire it!!! it has a deep 510 connection that some attys wont connect. other than that i really love it, Its not that big and bulky at all. long battery life. he's gone 2 days with a single charge and can plug his always dying phone into it to give it a little charge. I know, the box is no interest to you, but I love to preach the good word of the mvp, sorry :p
I've only used a SiD once so Im not to much help on that one, But I can say I like the heftier feel of the vamo.
I hope in some small way my rambling and bad grammar helped.

Last edited:

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
So I keep looking at them online and I might start to be leaning more towards the Vamo now.. I like the idea of 3 buttons vs. just 1 for menu control, although I'm not really a fan of the shiny polished looks and I'll have to check what version my local shop has but it's $5 cheaper for a Vamo kit vs. the SID, and the Vamo just felt a bit more solid, I wish friday would hurry up and get here

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So I keep looking at them online and I might start to be leaning more towards the Vamo now.. I like the idea of 3 buttons vs. just 1 for menu control, although I'm not really a fan of the shiny polished looks and I'll have to check what version my local shop has but it's $5 cheaper for a Vamo kit vs. the SID, and the Vamo just felt a bit more solid, I wish friday would hurry up and get here

I've had a one button mod...the Zmax. I paid over $100 for it when it first came out. I can tell you that I didn't like it. I like having up and down buttons on their own to quickly turn down or up the power when the taste is not to my liking. I couldn't stand having to go though a menu with a bunch of clicks of one button. The fire button should have one function...to provide power when you vape. The Vamo up and down buttons do more...with holding them down they can tell you the battery power and the ohms of your atty.

IDK what your shop has, but the SS vamo is not that shiny. It's like brushed stainless. The chrome plated version is shinier. If you want a mod that will last then go with SS. My experience with chrome plated is that the chrome will wear/peel off after a while.

That's my :2c:

Last edited:

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO

There are brushed stainless versions that will hide fingerprints much better. The versions 2, 3, and 5 have a stainless option.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Well I did it, I went to the shop today and picked up a Vamo V3 kit (I think it's a v3, it has the top piece like a v3 but the style of a v2, no swirls so maybe a v5?) Came with a charger, a 18650 (2200mah), and efest 18350(800mah) and a free 15ml bottle of juice, and I got a spare EVOD tank since I lost mine all for about $86, I don't think that's too bad of a price, the charger doesn't seem like the greatest one but so far I'm very happy with it :vapor: Thanks for all the advice and input!

Last edited:

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress
for the price, the SID is awesome. It is much lighter than steel tube mods being aluminum. I got a gold one and the finish is pretty scratch resistant. It bangs around with vision spinner and clearos and doesnt have many scratches at all. i think its anodized.

cons: yes the volt/watt is not super accurate but ballpark. the menu is a problem because 3 or 4 clicks send you to volt up or down and a few clicks and it changes the voltage. since i sometimes vape like senna in a fast turn blipping the throttle...its not good and then i find myself at 5.5 volts and burnt taste. so i have to keep my firing slower. samsung 2600 pink batts seem to last a good while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread