Looking to upgrade and want to smash my head into the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl5167

Mar 6, 2013
Florida
My :2c: Try another delivery device first. I have had similar issues with the ViVi Nova's as well. They are good, but I think there may be better. Try the Kanger t3 or the EVOD, Kanger Pro tank also seems good. I am still on the fence about getting that one. Unfortunately the last order I made the place I was shopping at was out. :(

If you want to buy a bigger/better system look around a bit and don't rush into it. I bought the Vamo myself (hopefully it will show up tomorrow or the next day) for me it was at a price point I liked and the features were about the best. I wanted to try VV/VW and I wanted the replaceable battery for the device. I was not overly concerned about the size, I wanted it for home use. With the vamo it uses either flat or nipple top batteries. Get the best you can that is in stock. I also like the option to drop in battery size for when I did want to take it out and about. The main reason I bought the vamo was for the VV/VW I like my vape a little wamer than I could get with Nova's on the KGO. It is pretty good with the 1.8 ohm, but with the VV/VW option I can adjust that no matter what the resistance of the head is and possibly make it better.

I will add this it is cheaper to try 1 or 2 new delivery system than to go and buy another entire system. I would try this first. Using the Nova's I usually swirl it around and make sure the wicks get submersed and a chance to pick more fluid, this has helped me a lot.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I love my Sigelei zmax it takes all 510 and ego delivery systems, has VW so you don't have to mess around with volts and with a good 18650 battery it lasts all day and then some. It is a little heavy but solid and with the protank you are sure to love it. Hits like a champ all day long with me heavy chain-vaping it.

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
I looked at all of your choices listed, and ended up going with an evic. I liked the fact that it has VV/VW, has both 510 and ego threads, and I have no kangers to have a problem with connections. I'm also a bit of a tech geek so the cool screen with the battery meter, ohms, volts, amps, and clock was too hard to pass up.

If money is a hanging point (and when isn't it?), I would definately suggest starting with a new tank/clearo. When I switch between the ones I have, I get a different experience (even on the same device).

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have all sorts of devices and suggest you stick with your twist. The Vamo is great, but it's a big beast (in 18650). Mini Provari is wonderful....but is cost an issue?

If you are having vaping issues, maybe it's not the battery that's the problem. I received my Protank two days ago and to be honest it doesn't vape as well as an EVOD. I love all this stuff (Lavatubes, Zmax) but there's only so far you can go....

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I would definately suggest starting with a new tank/clearo. When I switch between the ones I have, I get a different experience (even on the same device).

Absolutely. I vaped some gourmet liquid today on a rebuildable dripping atomiser which tasted 2x as good as in a vivi nova. Protank is also not the most flavoursome.....

Legosaurus

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for all the advice! Will make a decision today.
Regarding delivery -
I had horrible luck with many kanger T3s, CE4s and vision mini. I have a Pro Tank on the way and will order some iclear 30s. Will also try the EVoDs. Eventually I'll try to figure out the cartomizer stuff - sizes and punching holes and stuff. Seems like a pain.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for all the advice! Will make a decision today.
Regarding delivery -
I had horrible luck with many kanger T3s, CE4s and vision mini. I have a Pro Tank on the way and will order some iclear 30s. Will also try the EVoDs. Eventually I'll try to figure out the cartomizer stuff - sizes and punching holes and stuff. Seems like a pain.

Good luck. Everyone is different but my experience with both T3s and CE4s is nothing better than 100% failure. The T3s leaked and the CE4s lasted a very short time before I got a bad taste. I never got one back to health dry-burning the coil.

You might like the Protank, it's a smart bit of kit, but I still haven't fixed the airy draw on it. I'm considering the new SS Mesh clearomiser just launched here in the UK. They are calling it CE8 SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread